Likely based on the Z10 specs. Kevin mentioned that the dev alpha didn't run BB10 as smoothly as the Z10 and we know that the playbook more closely resembles the dev alpha specs wise.

If it's not something technical holding them up then what would it be? I hope it's technical. Otherwise that leaves too broad a speculation as to what the issue is. Lol.
    Dev alpha A wasnt running a tuned commerciAl release

As for the hold up, how about people to do the work? they've always been clear ... Z10, then q10 ... Then Playbook
    02-12-13 06:44 AM
    Dev alpha A wasnt running a tuned commerciAl release

As for the hold up, how about people to do the work? they've always been clear ... Z10, then q10 ... Then Playbook
    My thoughts exactly. The SDKs for the Q10 are still barely in developers' hands and already people are clamouring for BB10 on the PlayBook? I'm looking for it a month or two after the release of the Q10, with the SDKs for BB10 PlayBook to be released around the same time.
    02-12-13 06:56 AM
    Yes!!!!!!!

Malcolm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 07:55 AM
    I do not think BB is screwing anyone... the reality is Playbooks only have at best 2 million units worldwide.... and has been discontiued.... we are using a orphned platform.... that being said... I think we ill see some stripped down version of BB10 and minimal support there after.....
    02-12-13 08:33 AM
    .. and has been discontiued....
    OMFG people - it has not been discontinued. Have you seen any announcements from BlackBerry anywhere saying "we are abandoning the PlayBook???" Anywhere? **** - have you sat in the production lines or are you in PlayBook development at BlackBerry? If you aren't, then quit spreading your made up BS as a fact.

I get that they seem to be pulling out of retail (one channel of many) and that there's short supply of the PlayBook WiFi version at retail, but stop fricken passing off speculation as 'fact'.

we are using a orphned platform
    If it was 'orphaned'. PlayBook LTE would not have launched in Europe in November. It would not have launched in Canada in August. They would not be saying 'as of last week', that Blackberry 10 is coming to all Playbooks and they would not be saying they are looking at building new ones.

They would have said, "they're discontinued, you can't buy them any more, no new development is coming to them". Period.

What is with this place and people spreading their speculations as though they are facts. it's silly beyond words!!!!
    02-12-13 08:36 AM
    The "biggest fan"...already frustrated when this is normal ops for RIM/BB, and 25 posts in the forums......yeah, the biggest fan. Just wait and we may see some updates. If we get BB10 it will be a diff version than what is running on the Z10.
    UMMMM...So your opinion was???..Your insight on the situation was???...Oh just another pointless post....well at least you got your comment count up...now you care a lot about blackberry more than the rest of us!! Good Job!!!!
    rafikiphoto likes this.
    02-12-13 10:32 AM
    I am disappointed that BB10 is not available on my PlayBook.
    I am disappointed that the BB10 event made no mention of PlayBook.
    I will be severely disappointed if BB10 never comes to the PlayBook.

But, I just don't understand this attitude that PlayBook owners are getting screwed.
    I bought two Playbooks at dirt cheap prices and for what I paid for them I'm very happy, especially with the bridge....
    ...Make no mistake - if an individual bought the Playbook "at full retail" they got their head TORE OFF.
    ...And RIM dirt turkey'D right down their neck.
    02-12-13 11:59 AM
    .Make no mistake - if an individual bought the Playbook "at full retail" they got their head TORE OFF.
    ...And RIM dirt turkey'D right down their neck
    Once again, not all of us feel this way. I wouldn't have bought a second one if I did Really depends on what you do with the tablet. Bridge, internet, streaming music and video playback on HDMI all work great and those are my primary uses.
    Funny comment though.
    02-12-13 12:08 PM
    I bought two Playbooks at dirt cheap prices and for what I paid for them I'm very happy, especially with the bridge....
    ...Make no mistake - if an individual bought the Playbook "at full retail" they got their head TORE OFF.

As being a original buyer during launch you are 100% correct....I def understand the difference of opinion if someone bought it for 150 or whatever price they are going for now. Also If you are buying now you are fully aware of the situation. You are content that blackberry MAY OR MAY NOT be changing things in the time to come. Now if you bought at launch and was promised this so called bright future for the playbook that Blackberry has been telling us about (and still is). You did not sit thru countless months after launch of "just wait" and "it is coming". If you did you can see the frustration. I mean it came to the point where they would promise updates and online we would have to GUESS when they were because no date given.
    02-12-13 12:20 PM
    Once again, not all of us feel this way. I wouldn't have bought a second one if I did Really depends on what you do with the tablet. Bridge, internet, streaming music and video playback on HDMI all work great and those are my primary uses.
    Funny comment though.
    Let me just make sure I see where you are coming from....So your saying you bought a second playbook full price even after all the delay and problems that were around during launch???.....hmmmmm ok.....Bridge was nowhere near around during launch. (Which for blackberry was one of the main reasons pushing the playbook). So pretty much you are saying that you bought a 600-700 dollar tablet...Saw the delays and functionality was not up par on what was promised...then went out and got another full price tablet?? IF this is true.. and you felt you got your money worth with just with internet, streaming music and video playback more power to you. My expectations were a little higher for a premium priced tablet. And I didn't even touch on the wifi and battery issues....
    02-12-13 12:35 PM
    This is why I wait with tech a little bit instead of being an early adopter. There are always surprise issues and changes.

Anyone remember this little blast from the past ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/te...pple.html?_r=0
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-12-13 01:35 PM
    So your saying you bought a second playbook full price even after all the delay and problems that were around during launch???.....hmmmmm ok
    Second PlayBook (16 GB) was bought about 4 months after launch through my wifes Staples account. I think we paid around $300 for it.

Bridge was nowhere near around during launch.
    That's not correct but you knew that because you bought first day and you're bb4life.

I didn't even touch on the wifi and battery issues
    No such problems with either PB. What battery issues? Nevermind.

IF this is true
    Here is a screen shot showing 442 ( was 441 yesterday but i use it a lot) charges cycle and the camera app viewing my wifes PB.

Are us playbook users getting screwed?-img_00000063.jpg

And I'm even a real unpaid poster. You can see me in the reflection pressing the volume keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Are us playbook users getting screwed?-img_00000063.jpg  
    02-12-13 01:45 PM
    Second PlayBook (16 GB) was bought about 4 months after launch through my wifes Staples account. I think we paid around $300 for it.

That's not correct but you knew that because you bought first day and you're bb4life.

No such problems with either PB. What battery issues? Nevermind.

Here is a screen shot showing 442 ( was 441 yesterday but i use it a lot) charges cycle and the camera app viewing my wifes PB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000063.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	135556

And I'm even a real unpaid poster. You can see me in the reflection pressing the volume keys.
    Ok so I am replying to your post.....First off thanks for letting me know you used your wife staples account...that was relevant to what we were are talking about. Now that the fluff is out the way let me try to reply to what I THINK you are saying. For one I can tell you didn't buy your playbook at launch because you think that bridge was there or even NEAR being there. You know launch was April 2011 correct? since you feel it was there or near there please let me know WHEN.I want to say bridge became fully functinable oct 2012..668 was a joke and where a lot of battery and overheating problems came..the update after that is when sms messages and everything running somewhat smooth... I can tell you had no knowledge of it because once again you put fluff referring to my crackberry user name...which has nothing to do with relevance of situation. So if you not aware of any battery problems I ask you to google or to SIMPLY look at the forums for crackberry. I see you didn't mention wifi problems so you glazed over that. And BTW taking a screen shot of YOUR playbook does not mean there are no battery and wifi issues. Once again thanks for letting me know it was your wifes playbook. That helped get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by bb4life21; 02-12-13 at 02:12 PM.
    02-12-13 01:57 PM
    You're digging your troll hole deeper.

For one I can tell you didn't buy your playbook at launch because you think that bridge was there or even NEAR being there. You know launch was April 2011 correct? since you feel it was there or near there please let me know WHEN...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-my-bb-606051/

Check the date of this thread.
    Then go back in these forums to around page 720 and read all the bridge threads. Then come back here and say sorry.

I see you didn't mention wifi problems so you glazed over that
    I have seen lots of people talking about WiFi problems just never had the problems myself.

See I have the knowledge of being on these Playbbok forums for the past 20 or so months. Asking for help and answering questions when I can. You google things and think the results indicate a widespread problem. I had a feeling you were a fraud and now I know. When you sign up with a new name don't use that first line you started out with. It's a dead giveaway.

Chadd out..
    02-12-13 02:24 PM
    You're digging your troll hole deeper.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-my-bb-606051/

Check the date of this thread.
    Then go back in these forums to around page 720 and read all the bridge threads. Then come back here and say sorry.

I have seen lots of people talking about WiFi problems just never had the problems myself.

See I have the knowledge of being on these Playbbok forums for the past 20 or so months. Asking for help and answering questions when I can. You google things and think the results indicate a widespread problem. I had a feeling you were a fraud and now I know. When you sign up with a new name don't use that first line you started out with. It's a dead giveaway.

Chadd out..
    The good ol "your a troll" and bringing up "how many post you have" lol NOW I KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT...LOL So your post makes you look even more dumb than I thought...do me a favor...read my post and I said when playbook was FUNCTIONAL with bridge..you cant read but say even if not...look at the the link you put up..the question they are asking...gets answered saying "ITS NOT POSSIBLE". So I know you are a little challenged but that means it didn't work.".I have seen lots of people talking about WiFi problems just never had the problems mysel"..Guess what even though at launch (which you didn't buy yours at lol) you were ok with wifi issues...some people who bought it for 600 dollars kind of wanted use of wifi...I know I'm trolling again. expecting too much. I should have just used my wife staple account to get another one smh hahah your a clown....Hey if I am a troll are the other people who agree about playbook also trolls? Randomly calling people trolls show weakness. Translation...you don't have anything better to say so....um..um YOU GUYS ARE ALL TROLLS!!
    02-12-13 02:36 PM
    Guess what even though at launch (which you didn't buy yours at lol)
    Here is a thread created by me on launch day. Maybe you need to see my credit card statement?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...are-pc-606211/

read my post and I said when playbook was FUNCTIONAL with bridge..you cant read but say even if not...look at the the link you put up..the question they are asking...gets answered saying "ITS NOT POSSIBLE".
    I dont really know what you're saying here but you forgot to edit the post before it.
    Bridge was nowhere near around during launch. (Which for blackberry was one of the main reasons pushing the playbook). So
    Bridge launched the same day as the PB. The browser was slow but was functional. Email ,BBM, Calendar, Memo, task all there. What they are talking about in the thread I posted still doesn't really work well on Blackberrys bridge. Files and Folders does a better job.

I should have just used my wife staple account to get another one smh hahah your a clown.
    Sorry I took advantage of an offer?

Randomly calling people trolls show weakness.
    Your're right. The forum was editing what i really wanted to say. I should be thankful for that I guess.

So in Summary:
    I bought first day
    I have had no battery or WiFi problems. Still not sure what the battery problems are.
    Bridge was available and functional first day.

I know all this because I lived it.

Google is not always your friend. It can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
    pacoman03 likes this.
    02-12-13 03:49 PM

Here is a thread created by me on launch day. Maybe you need to see my credit card statement?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...are-pc-606211/

I dont really know what you're saying here but you forgot to edit the post before it.

Bridge launched the same day as the PB. The browser was slow but was functional. Email ,BBM, Calendar, Memo, task all there. What they are talking about in the thread I posted still doesn't really work well on Blackberrys bridge. Files and Folders does a better job.

Sorry I took advantage of an offer?

Your're right. The forum was editing what i really wanted to say. I should be thankful for that I guess.

So in Summary:
    I bought first day
    I have had no battery or WiFi problems. Still not sure what the battery problems are.
    Bridge was available and functional first day.

I know all this because I lived it.

Google is not always your friend. It can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
    The forum page you told me to look at ("Then go back in these forums to around page 720 and read all the bridge threads") is nothing but people complaning that they are having problems with playbook and bridge.....let me guess there trolls too...Then you state "See I have the knowledge of being on these Playbbok forums for the past 20 or so months. Asking for help and answering questions when I can"...But then say you know nothing about the battery issues people have had....HUH? Check those forums you have been gaining your "knowledge" from one more time.....
    02-12-13 04:06 PM
    I have an idea. How about you tell me what the battery issue is so I know what your talking about.
    Bridge worked at launch so there and fuctional.
    What is going on here? Am I being punked?
    02-12-13 04:32 PM
    Give it up Chaddface. Like you noticed, in his very first post, he began by saying, " I'm the biggest blackberry fan ever. I have only owed blackberries the last 8 years and plan on continuing that in the future." He joined this forum within the last two weeks, probably the day that he started this thread, and chose a screen name of BB for life when he joined. Yet his thread is titled " Are us (sic) playbook users getting screwed?" and has done nothing but rant against the PB and Blackberry ever since. What kind of person remains loyal to company that he thinks is "screwing" him? The last straw for me was when he accused you of lying about your early adoption of the PB. I know that you have been around these parts for some time now and have participated significantly in this forum. Him, I know little about other than his family history.

Now, as far as bridge being there at the beginning, I accept what you say because you've proved to me that you were an early adopter while he can only claim to have been. . As far as wifi or battery problems on the playbook, I'm also with you in that I haven't experienced any significant problems in these areas. As to the numerous posts on this forum re wifi or battery issues, we both know that one does not wake up one morning and start a thread here claiming that "my wifi is working fine today"- rather they post only when they are experiencing problems. Many if not most of these problems can be traced to user error and others because for one reason or another the PB doesn't play nice with a particular router or its settings. Anyhow, from my experience in this forum, most people are not experiencing wifi problems. Plus, for what it's worth and related to your comment re google being dangerous in the wrong hands, I googled "ipad wifi problems" and got 59 million hits.
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-12-13 05:15 PM
    Wow this thread is great!! Lol. I just bought a playbook this week because my ipad 2 broke. I joined crackberry so maybe I can find some hints to get the full. Capability out of it. I was going thru the playbook threads and saw this one. So before I gave my two cents I wanted to read thru all the post and which I did. After that I must say to the OP "I" don't feel screwed for the simple fact I got it off ebay for 123 bucks. Now with that being said if I have paid 600+ for this I would be more than pissed. I don't understand how some of the previous poster can even argue that. Even for what it is today it is not worth 600. So two years ago when they were marketing it it clearly wasn't ready for the big time. So you were defitnely screwed. And I recently have been learning about bb10 since I now have a playbook. And have been able to find much info on dates. I don't care but since a lot of you guys been waiting almost a year I could only imagine. So in short OP in your case and the others who have been strung along you have defitnely been screwed. For 123 bucks not so much.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    02-12-13 06:52 PM
    Once again, not all of us feel this way. I wouldn't have bought a second one if I did.
    That's great you don't feel like you got screwed, mate. Rim could have used a few million more of you at the time though.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:21 PM
    Wow this thread is great!! Lol. I just bought a playbook this week because my ipad 2 broke. I joined crackberry so maybe I can find some hints to get the full. Capability out of it. I was going thru the playbook threads and saw this one. So before I gave my two cents I wanted to read thru all the post and which I did. After that I must say to the OP "I" don't feel screwed for the simple fact I got it off ebay for 123 bucks. Now with that being said if I have paid 600+ for this I would be more than pissed. I don't understand how some of the previous poster can even argue that. Even for what it is today it is not worth 600. So two years ago when they were marketing it it clearly wasn't ready for the big time. So you were defitnely screwed. And I recently have been learning about bb10 since I now have a playbook. And have been able to find much info on dates. I don't care but since a lot of you guys been waiting almost a year I could only imagine. So in short OP in your case and the others who have been strung along you have defitnely been screwed. For 123 bucks not so much.
    atlhawk123 thanks for your response. Glad to see you made your way over to the thread. I think you will really find great value in playbook...especially at $123. When reading this thread keep in mind I was more so directing the question to people who have been around since the beginning of the playbook and what we have seen since then. BY NO MEANS FEEL ANYWAY NEGATIVE ABOUT PLAYBOOK REGARDING YOUR JOURNEY WITH IT. I think you will be very satisfied with it because you know your expectations and lack there of. For the price you gotta it that is a steal! You will not wait long to know the future of the playbook so either way you come out on top. Congrats and have fun looking thru the forums. There are a lot of informative people out there that can walk you thru anything regarding the playbook. And regarding your post " I don't understand how some of the previous poster can even argue that." They can't and as you see go away. You can tell who these guys are because they will yell "troll" if you don't agree or somehow feel there comment count dictates how right they are. There are a lot of actual informative posters on this thread that actually don't fully agree with me and my opinions that I have actually learned from and see there point of view. Posters like rubberchicken, Uncle Remus, and thescionicman to name a few I remember reading off the top of my head. Enjoy your playbook!!! And once again thanks for your post
    atlhawks123 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:53 PM
    BLACKBERRY is like a big ole supertanker trying to do a 360 turn, it just takes ages....
    I'm not sure if the playbook will get BB10, I don't think I care that much now, being a bit of a techie I have numerous devices including a couple of Playbooks, HP touchpad's and an IPAD.
    My feeling is if Blackberry can't keep to a good honest timetable I'll just move on use other devices that are current have the apps and provide good updates. I appreciate not everybody can have numerous devices so they buy on a company's reputation, promises and commitment to deliver.
    Clearly Blackberry spends a lot of time trying to deliver a polished experience to the end user, sometimes they fall short.
    I'm not saying Blackberry will not bring BB10 to the Playbook, but they just take too long to fulfil their promises and commitments. With that everyone who buys a Blackberry product should be aware of their past performance and factor that into their purchase, I know I will.
    FF22 and bb4life21 like this.
    02-13-13 05:21 AM
    BLACKBERRY is like a big ole supertanker trying to do a 360 turn, it just takes ages....
    I'm not sure if the playbook will get BB10, I don't think I care that much now, being a bit of a techie I have numerous devices including a couple of Playbooks, HP touchpad's and an IPAD.
    My feeling is if Blackberry can't keep to a good honest timetable I'll just move on use other devices that are current have the apps and provide good updates. I appreciate not everybody can have numerous devices so they buy on a company's reputation, promises and commitment to deliver.
    Clearly Blackberry spends a lot of time trying to deliver a polished experience to the end user, sometimes they fall short.
    I'm not saying Blackberry will not bring BB10 to the Playbook, but they just take too long to fulfil their promises and commitments. With that everyone who buys a Blackberry product should be aware of their past performance and factor that into their purchase, I know I will.
    A good synopsis of all things Blackberry and especially the pb! Obviously, you are in a position to move between devices and that's nice.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    02-13-13 09:07 AM
    I've had my 32g since a couple of weeks after launch. It has been a great piece of gear and the bridge is special. No wifi issues, No battery issues. Did have an issue with a subsequently withdrawn update that wiped out my calendar but as I almost always rely on bridge functionality it was no biggie. Love the hdmi and remote functions. Good cameras/video. Great gaming. My only complaint? Wish I had bought a 64g.

Looking forward to the "BB10ish" update. All I want are the apps, sleeker browser (existing one is quite adequate), keyboard, and restoration of full bridge capability with BB10 phones. Hub is not necessary.

For those fretting that a PB update isn't coming: TH said it was and so far his track record has been good. QNX is scalable and the BB10 UI is proof of that quality. For the PB, partitioning and priorities will be reset.

Love my PlayBook/BB.
    02-13-13 10:45 AM
175 ... 4567