Thought I'd share a simple tip. I have a Targus Truss case (should work for other cases as well) and I install my PB upside down in the case so that I can charge it while it is standing in the case. The volume and power buttons are accessible on the bottom although you will have to get used to the opposite up/down volume configuration. Love my PB
    Last edited by 05Mustang; 09-03-11 at 10:30 PM. Reason: its a good tip
    09-03-11 10:00 PM
    I know I sound like a moron but could you post a picture? Im looking into getting the PB and was curious as to what case to buy.
    Last edited by dmusicman385; 09-04-11 at 03:04 AM. Reason: it edited a word that wasn't a curse for some reason ??
    09-04-11 03:03 AM
    I know I sound like a moron but could you post a picture? Im looking into getting the PB and was curious as to what case to buy.

When the OP says "Upside down", he means placing the PB in a fashion to where the charging contacts on the PB is facing the opening in the case for where the volume controls would be. This way, there is enough open space to allow access for the charger.

Great tip!
    09-04-11 03:27 AM
    What about the camera? is it covered when you do this? It would be on the case I have. I wondered why they didn't put the plugs on the side of the unit myself. Must have been some ergonomics thing or something.
    09-04-11 07:36 AM
    I do the same thing! When at work I like to set the PB up in the case but wanted to leave the USB plugged in to charge, and this worked well. It does cover the back camera up, but that didn't bother me for this use case..
    09-04-11 07:40 AM
    Targus makes great cases for the PB but for a low cost alternative the CrazyOnDigital Brown Leather Case for $4.97 provides decent protection while looking nice. Negatives? Well it is available in only one color and the case does not have a hole for the rear camera but the PB can be recharged in the case right side up? near the clasp. Comes with a screen protector and arm band for $4.97

Attachment 92789

http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...bUvbUpU6645982
    09-04-11 08:50 AM
    I don't have a camera handy but you can see pics on the targus site:

www targus com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ05102US&PageN ame=Cases%20for%20Tablet%20&%20e-Reader%20by%20Targus&productCategoryId=31&bucketTy peId=0&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&banne rtxt=Cases%20for%20Tablet%20%26%20e-Reader

And yes, the rear camera gets covered up when you use the case this way.
    dmusicman385 likes this.
    09-04-11 08:53 AM
    I took an exacto knife to my case and cut a slit for the charging area. I have had it since the day the pb came out and it is working great. I use the case that you can use to prop the pb up....convertible case I think they called it.
    Last edited by skuba2; 09-04-11 at 07:45 PM.
    09-04-11 07:39 PM
    Nice tip, thanks. By chance does anyone make an L shaped microusb cable?
    09-05-11 12:15 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    09-05-11 01:35 AM
    You will also cover the audio jack with this configuration. Great tip for charging and desktop use. Love Targus products!
    09-05-11 04:37 AM
    Nice tip, thanks. By chance does anyone make an L shaped microusb cable?
    Have a look on FleBay, our friends from the Far East have them available, looks like you might need to be careful as to which one you get though as some are longer than others...

Short Usb A/M to right angled 90� micro B cable adapter | eBay

Around �3 to the UK but no doubt if your'e in the US it'll be chaeaper as thats just the way that things work.

HTH

Elcuolo
    09-05-11 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD