I was just wandering if the Playbook has expandable memory or not? Looks like the memory size you buy is what you get. Thank you.
    04-27-11 01:12 PM
    My understanding is that it is not expandable. There is no MicroSD slot or anything like that..

I was just wandering if the Playbook has expandable memory or not? Looks like the memory size you buy is what you get. Thank you.
    04-27-11 01:13 PM
    its the same with all of them, the memory you is what it is. BUT with the bb bridge once they get that working 100% you will be able to make use of the sd card in your phone.
    by the way i know xoom and the toshiba have expandible slots, but honeycomb wont work with it and the only one that has even a small chance at working in the future would be the toshiba. motorola and google are dragging their feet with the with updating the device.
    04-27-11 01:35 PM
    its not honeycomb, its motorola. there are other honeycomb tabs out there wth working sd cards
    04-27-11 01:59 PM
    its the same with all of them, the memory you is what it is. BUT with the bb bridge once they get that working 100% you will be able to make use of the sd card in your phone.
    by the way i know xoom and the toshiba have expandible slots, but honeycomb wont work with it and the only one that has even a small chance at working in the future would be the toshiba. motorola and google are dragging their feet with the with updating the device.
    The Xoom card works now also.
    04-27-11 02:22 PM
    I think it is silly that there is no SD slot in the PlayBook. Very silly. Or at least a way to use a USB drive.

Just baffles me that a business-class device like this would limit file transfer options like thta.
    04-27-11 02:26 PM
    I think if they compensate by giving you full access to all the files that might be on your BB through Bridge mode than it would be a good compromise. That way you could have up to 32 (or 64GB?) of data on your phone that you could access.

In reality, no different than an iPad but it is true that RIM could have differentiated themselves a bit more by giving you an SD card slot.
    04-27-11 02:39 PM
    There are still alot of devices that use SD cards (instead of micro SD). I'd love to be able to pop the SD card out of my camera and stick it into the PB to upload, etc..

At least file browsing so I can use a SD/USB adapter.
    04-27-11 02:44 PM
    this is probably the only reason I would need to upgrade this device for a new one when that day comes.
    04-27-11 03:53 PM
    iFixit took a PlayBook apart and there is no way to upgrade the memory it all by the looks of it. Hopefully they'll allow us to use USB keys at some point in the future.
    04-27-11 03:54 PM
    Hi, dont think there is a way to expand the memory using usb, but have come across a good way by using the 3g wifi device. This pocket sized device uses the 3g sim to connect to internet and makes the 3g connection wifi- for upto 5 devices. Has a micro sd slot, so i can access the files in the micro sd card using playbook. However, can use the files on sd card only after downloading the files on the playbook. So, either we should have that much space available on playbook, or transfer the files from playbook to sd card to free up the space. Still, a good workaround, and considering this device only costs around usd 50 in india, a great way to make the playbook (or any other tablet) go 3g + using additional files on the sd cards. Im sure you guys can find similar products in your country too! Dun know y people now go for 3g ipads when the same thing can be achieved with this device at fraction of a cost.
    09-07-12 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD