I got fed up with all the browser crashes, so I called RIM and they advised me to reload the software (and some people on the forum did too, yeah). So I connected it while off, pressed "Update" etc. But I left for a while and when I came back it told me that there was an error updating my tablet:

"A connection to the tablet could not be established. Please connect your tablet and try again."

Apparently it wiped my playbook again (I did the security wipe before I did the update, but I ended up setting it up again because I couldn't do both on the same day and I don't have my own laptop anymore) because I had to set everything up again, but according to the software the update didn't actually work, so...any ideas how I can get it to actually work?
    03-18-12 04:43 PM
    Try the debrick steps, use the search up there on the right to find the directions. Backup everything you need. Good luck.
    03-18-12 05:28 PM
    Mine wouldn't update, so I wiped it, and then got automatic updates.
    (wasn't a big deal - PlayBook doesn't have too many settings to re-configure like a phone)
    03-18-12 05:57 PM
    Try the debrick steps, use the search up there on the right to find the directions. Backup everything you need. Good luck.
    The debricking is what I was trying to do.
    03-18-12 06:15 PM
    First, make sure it has a good charge on it.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button (go into a dark room/closet and make sure the screen is really off)
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    03-18-12 06:52 PM
    First, make sure it has a good charge on it.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button (go into a dark room/closet and make sure the screen is really off)
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    Tried this, same result. It gets all the way to the end, then "Error", etc. *sigh*
    03-19-12 06:35 PM
    Tried this, same result. It gets all the way to the end, then "Error", etc. *sigh*
    I got this exact same "error" message. In a similar thread I inquired and somebody mentioned "error" message is part of the process and my installation was complete. I'm still very skeptical about this.

Have a look a kbz1960's reply to my post in post #134

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7211232

I still don't know what's up either.
    03-19-12 06:53 PM
    I got this exact same "error" message. In a similar thread I inquired and somebody mentioned "error" message is part of the process and my installation was complete. I'm still very skeptical about this.

Have a look a kbz1960's reply to my post in post #134

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7211232

I still don't know what's up either.
    Strange.

Even if that is part of the process, my browser still crashes, so... =(

Oh well. If I wait a month or two before my warranty is up and they don't release any updates to fix the crashing problem, do you think they'll give me a new Playbook for that? I hear not all Playbooks have this problem, after all, so it must be a defect.
    03-19-12 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD