Hey there!

I just got myself a Blackberry Playbook and decided to try out the 2.0 just for fun for a couple of days. I am currently trying to install the OS and in the middle if installation to the tablet, it seems the files just stop copying. I am at the sys.data.imf.fr_FR file and it is not going to the next one. It has been 30 minutes like this now!

I am scared of disconnecting, what should I do?
    12-05-11 08:11 PM
    Hey there!

I just got myself a Blackberry Playbook and decided to try out the 2.0 just for fun for a couple of days. I am currently trying to install the OS and in the middle if installation to the tablet, it seems the files just stop copying. I am at the sys.data.imf.fr_FR file and it is not going to the next one. It has been 30 minutes like this now!

I am scared of disconnecting, what should I do?
    You should have known that OS2.0 beta is a developers version and is not for everyone. The ones who have upgraded to that version, are either tech savvy or a bit more educated when it comes to dealing with beta releases. I am hoping you belong to either of those categories, and thus you will find your way out.
    If not then lets hope that someone will post a solution for you.....
    12-05-11 08:34 PM
    I have not installed OS2. Is it still stalled? If no one comes by with an answer, you can probably run the DEBRICK procedure:
    Turn OFF your pb.
    Connect the PB to your PC with Desktop Manager (DM) running.
    From the Menu, click Device>update.
    You'll get a notification that the OS is up to date.
    Reboot your PB while still connected to DM.
    You will then get a new prompt in DM, hit the update button.

I also believe rim will help you out:

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    12-05-11 08:36 PM
    Thanks for the info. I took a chance of rebooting and everything was fine (close call).
    I am tech savvy, but not in dealing with beta software. I would still expect the installation to go well. I restarted the install, let's hope it'll go fine!
    PS: I still am in the 14 days of store "garantee". I have a friend that works at staples, taking the risk is worth it I think :P I really want to test if android apps work fine!
    12-05-11 09:01 PM
    The first time I did a debrick on the official it took forever and I mean forever. I think the servers were too busy.
    12-05-11 09:08 PM
    Oh wow, every time I update something I pray for nothing bad to happen!
    But it does not make sense if the servers were too busy, because it downloads THEN installs?

This is my first blackberry device and I've had it for 4 days now.
    12-05-11 09:10 PM
    Don't know but that's what happened to me and it did finish. Think you're lucky you didn't brick it by unplugging.
    12-05-11 09:22 PM
    I know I really am! anyhow it worked for the second try. Thanks!
    12-06-11 08:54 AM
    I'm having the same issue? Did someone get a solution???
    01-08-12 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD