Failures on Blackberry Playbook - In REAL usage.
    Do you guys think RIM will correct the following? (I just got my PB, especially after my Galaxy Tab screen failed.) and I got so mad I almost threw my PB under a speeding truck. Please pardon my simplistic view, but I REALLY hope RIM will get their updates right! (And in time too!) The PB is a dream! (But If only they correct the below...)
    1. No File Manager. It only shows your files by the program: so all Word docs show together in alphabetical order, same with Xls, PDF, PPT.
    2. When looking at files in each program: you cannot change the view parameter: so you cannot arrange by date or by size.
    3. Movies always start at the beginning: you cannot start from where you stopped or paused. Not sure about music.
    4. No SD Drive (Micro SD or otherwise.) Fine: I can connect to my PC, but only as network drive.
    5. Documents To Go not full version in reality. Can't copy and paste in Excel. I can do that on my BB 9000 with Documents To Go Free Trial, why can't I do same with the playbook!
    6. Cannot create or edit Slides.
    7. RIM promised updates: we have no way of knowing what and when these are coming.
    8. Do you guys think updates will solve all these issues I have mentioned?
    9. Battery life is a bit disappointing!
    10. I have not been able to bridge my 9700!

You guys have any news?
    05-22-11 01:29 PM
    There are now three 3rd party file managers of one type or another. One free. I am surprised there was not some kind of rudimentary file manager, even my bb phone came with one. Docs-to-go is a real disappointment - weak. Dataviz is rim so we can hope they offer something a bit more full-featured but obviously, don't count on it.

Others have complained about the absence of booksmarks in the video.

There are definitely glaring weaknesses overall. And, as they say, hope blooms eternal.
    05-22-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD