Ok here is the deal, i have been defending my playbook since day 1 (literally, i had it on its first day of availability) and biting my lip on its short commings (netflix, sunday ticket, kindle, twitter). I also have an ipad 2 that i won for free, that i only use as a back up and basicly gave to the mrs.

Last week i updated "our" ipad which was more of a test of endurance than being the star of a gangbang. So i plugged it in to my computer (like its 2006 again) and After the 3 hour update process , i found that i lost every app on the device (and yes i backed it up first). But not to worry, the friendly app store still had my purchases... I just had to redownload all 98 apps. Then i got to have the joy of beating every game over again.

Basically what im saying is that this process let me chalk one up in the playbooks win column as i told anyone who would listen about the 2 minute ota updates my playbook does. BB10 (terrible name and all) you will clearly be a step ahead of the rest in some key areas on launch day
    03-17-12 12:24 PM
    Ok here is the deal, i have been defending my playbook since day 1 (literally, i had it on its first day of availability) and biting my lip on its short commings (netflix, sunday ticket, kindle, twitter). I also have an ipad 2 that i won for free, that i only use as a back up and basicly gave to the mrs.

Last week i updated "our" ipad which was more of a test of endurance than being the star of a gangbang. So i plugged it in to my computer (like its 2006 again) and After the 3 hour update process , i found that i lost every app on the device (and yes i backed it up first). But not to worry, the friendly app store still had my purchases... I just had to redownload all 98 apps. Then i got to have the joy of beating every game over again.

Basically what im saying is that this process let me chalk one up in the playbooks win column as i told anyone who would listen about the 2 minute ota updates my playbook does. BB10 (terrible name and all) you will clearly be a step ahead of the rest in some key areas on launch day
    It toke a lot longer then 2 minutes to update OS 2.0 on my playbook.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-17-12 12:34 PM
    Haven't heard of OTA iOS update, and iCloud backup? Yes, it backs up your games data to the cloud too. Welcome to 2012.

There are much better reasons why the PB is better than iPad, but the OS update and backup wouldn't be one on my books.

PS. Flame suit is on. Bring it on
    Last edited by kay-cie; 03-17-12 at 12:52 PM.
    03-17-12 12:46 PM
    I was updating from 4.?? Ota and cloud storage wasnt an option. (skipped initial 5.0 due to battery issues)
    03-17-12 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD