I updated earlier today and I remember going into the appworld once and it working and I updates a few apps. Well boys and girls, now appworld does nothing but hang at the background picture and looks at me stupidly. I launch it and the window opens with the background but hangs there. Anyone have an inkling of why or how to fix it? I have restarted several times already...
    06-08-11 12:43 AM
    having the exact same problem...
    06-08-11 01:28 AM
    I was having the same prob but it seems to be working now.
    06-08-11 01:40 AM
    yah mine still not working and I'm still waiting for a response from RIM, in the meantime if anyone has a solution please feel free to share.
    06-08-11 01:47 AM
    rim said theres maintenance to app world till tomorrow.
    06-08-11 01:52 AM
    guess I'll wait and see till tomorrow then
    06-08-11 02:43 AM
    Almost two hours on the horn with the RIMdog tonight on App World hassles, so if there's maintenance, no one clued my "Tier 1 Tech" and we spent that considerable lot of precious time going through tedious protocols and Hail Marys and not solving it.

1) For RIM's sake, I dearly hope they didn't take down App World and not tell each and every agent in the universe in BIG BOLD LETTERS. I mean, without hesitation, someone should be fired if that happens.

2) Rather than push an app update notification at me for the fifth time about an app I've already updated to the latest release, why not push a notification to me regarding maintenance, especially major maintenance within hours of an OS release?

Maybe an email list, twitter, web page, 800# hotline, carrier pigeon, playbook app? Push or pull, anything to spare me time and bother?

3) The good news is I can't go to App World and experience that "just walked into a yard sale and is there even one thing I want to pick up and look at" kinda feeling, but still, I could live without that bogus phantom exclamation point notification on my home screen that opens up a blank App World rectangle... doesn't exactly fan the hot flame of that honking whopper update.

I've got a hunch this thing and the people behind it are going to need a lot more time. Best to reset expectations entirely.
    06-08-11 03:34 AM
    Same here in south east asia. I get the colourful screen and it stops there. I thought too that it had to do with the OS update, but I did download a few apps with the new OS before it started to hang...

As you all, currently in a want-as-see mode....
    06-08-11 04:48 AM
    Same here, unusable...
    06-08-11 07:03 AM
    Over at the APP&Games forum somebody already emailed them and was told they were preforming maintenance from yesterday to today

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/ap...d-down-621341/
    06-08-11 07:11 AM
    I have the same problem!! What can we do if the app world hang???
    06-08-11 07:45 AM
    App world was down last night but it is working fine for me this morning. Just downloaded the level app.
    06-08-11 08:00 AM
    Still NOT WORKING!! Getting Frustrated!!!
    06-08-11 08:04 AM
    [angry] GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... [\angry]
    06-08-11 09:35 AM
    It is working here in Canada. Must be an outage of just certain servers.
    06-08-11 09:44 AM
    Same AppWorld hang in Seattle. RIM not been able to help me solve the problem yet.
    06-08-11 10:15 AM
    Folks, a number of threads have already been opened on this issue.

RIM is performing maint. (so they say) on their end until around noon today.

So if the program opens but does not go any further it's not connecting
    because the server your attempting to connect to is offline.

Tim
    06-08-11 10:27 AM
    this happened to me too....but now its working fine....following is my theory on why this is happening.....
    before update...we guys (with few exception) used not clear our cache in the appworld by typing "RST"....so now i suspect that over one & a half months, cache size might have gone up....now in the new update, the OS automatically clears the cache at the time of loading the appworld....so the first time u load the appworld, system will try to clear all the cache stored over the last approx. one & half months....now this clearing of cache takes time...sometimes even couple of minutes....once this cache is cleared, appworld will start smoothly....the next time u start appworld, it would take anywhere between 4-10 secs depending on ur last session in appworld....so my take is that first time u open appworld, let it me ideal for couple of mins....that wat i did & it worked for me !!!
    06-08-11 10:35 AM
    Still not working for me here in NYC.
    06-08-11 11:45 AM
    Still not working for me since yesterday in Brooklyn, New York.
    06-08-11 11:49 AM
    Been off and on since yesterday PM.

Will be contacting BB if it continues past noon CDT as per their email.

They are doing something on the backend of things. Sort of wondering
    what. Could it be good? Did something go badly? We shall see...

Tim
    06-08-11 11:51 AM
    Still not working... If it is not fixed by noon, I may return it. I am just about done beta testing for free.
    Maestrodog likes this.
    06-08-11 12:55 PM
    The Playbook appworld still hangs since yesterday morning after latest software update. Still not much help or info from BB.
    06-08-11 02:06 PM
    It is working here in Canada. Must be an outage of just certain servers.
    I'm in Calgary and I'm still having this issue.

Uh oh, I hope this doesn't mean Alberta seceded from Canada....
    06-08-11 05:56 PM
    App world still not working in Brunei.....
    06-08-11 07:56 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD