BlackBerry PlayBook battery life to be longer than iPad | T3 magazine

Just found this.

"The upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook, RIM�s first foray into the world of tablets, is rumoured to have a longer battery life than the Apple iPad.

The PlayBook has been mooted as a serious rival to the iPad and with a possible superior battery life, tableters on the move might just see this as a major plus point over the more expensive 16GB entry level Apple alternative."

This seems to confirm the excellent battery life and an entry-level price point below Apple's.
    01-25-11 02:37 PM

Just found this.

"The upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook, RIM�s first foray into the world of tablets, is rumoured to have a longer battery life than the Apple iPad.

The PlayBook has been mooted as a serious rival to the iPad and with a possible superior battery life, tableters on the move might just see this as a major plus point over the more expensive 16GB entry level Apple alternative."

This seems to confirm the excellent battery life and an entry-level price point below Apple's.
    i think the goal is equal or greater to. but idk i want solid video or personal experience to see the battery life
    01-25-11 02:38 PM
    If they go with $450 or lower and on Amazon I'll be there day one. I've compared everything and this is certainly what I want right now. Fingers crossed on the battery.
    01-25-11 04:45 PM

Just found this.

confirm? let's wait until someone other than a rimm employee can hold it in their hand. right now I would not trust a rim planted story as confirmation.
    01-25-11 04:54 PM
    confirm? let's wait until someone other than a rimm employee can hold it in their hand. right now I would not trust a rim planted story as confirmation.
    A VP of Business Marketing isn't trustworthy enough? There are salesmen and then there are car salesmen. I'd go on good faith that this guy is the former. Yes, I know he is trying to plug a product but to be quoted as saying it will be greater than or equal to the iPad's battery life and then produce a product that doesn't meet that standard would be further alienating their base and future customers. My mother has been in healthcare marketing for over 20 years and she has more day-to-day contact with the engineers developing their products than she does potential customers. In fact, engineers and marketers occupy the same floor of their building. You have to know the product to sell it. Plain and simple.

My guess is that their testing is producing numbers equal to the iPad. Agreed, real world testing may produce different results. However, any tech company that doesn't simulate as close as possible to ideal real world scenarios will not be a long-term successful company. It's like new car "mules." There are RIM employees tasked with using the PB outside of their work spaces (ie. home) to work out the bugs.

The greater point is the "evolution" of the rumors. With a simple search, we can slowly put the pieces together. More and more your seeing info suggesting iPad or greater battery life. The biggest nugget in this article, to me, was the "more expensive iPad" quip, implying the PB is to start lower than $499US.

My apologies if anyone's a car salesman.
    01-25-11 05:17 PM
    A VP of Business Marketing isn't trustworthy enough? There are salesmen and then there are car salesmen. .
    NOPE!

I wouldn't trust the VP of anything in a Press release before a product is released, VP's are politicians, that is how they get to be VP's

I would love this rumour to be true, BUT I can't see how the smaller size + greater horse power + applications running concurrently that the Playbook can last longer than the iPad 1.

unless they do a test Radio's off Movie watching keeping everything equal MAYBE then I could see it.
    01-25-11 05:27 PM
    NOPE!

I wouldn't trust the VP of anything in a Press release before a product is released, VP's are politicians, that is how they get to be VP's

I would love this rumour to be true, BUT I can't see how the smaller size + greater horse power + applications running concurrently that the Playbook can last longer than the iPad 1.

unless they do a test Radio's off Movie watching keeping everything equal MAYBE then I could see it.
    Well, the downside of planting this thought in my head is that I can vote my disapproval with my wallet which is my point. RIM is taking a huge risk floating this "fact" out there, whether we can confirm it now or not.
    01-25-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD