Still no release date, but here's some more information about those that are anticipating it. You can find some slides/images at the source link at the bottom.

We heard rumors that RIM was working on a wireless keyboard case for the BlackBerry PlayBook back in April of last year. Since then they have been very quiet on that front though I have been keeping an eye out on it. I was sent a slide deck by one of our sources that told me it is now going out to BlackBerry distributors and should probably be available soon. My guess is it will coincide with the PlayBook OS 2.0 launch.

We also have more details on how the new BlackBerry Mini Keyboard works with the PlayBook. Here is a breakdown of the features listed:

Both a keyboard and a touchpad
    Can last up to 30 days on a charge
    Comes with a case that folds over your PlayBook
    Multitouch touchpad with one finger left click and two finger right click (for remote desktop apps)
    Mouse scrolling with two fingers on the touchpad
    Charges via MicroUSB

Hopefully we will get a launch date and pricing soon! Check out all the slide deck for the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard below:
    via BerryReview
    01-25-12 01:28 PM
    I wonder how the bezel gestures will work though.
    01-25-12 01:31 PM
    These are my thoughts exactly.
    I have refrained from buying a bluetooth keyboard for this reason.
    01-25-12 06:54 PM
    What do you mean? You can always use the bezel gestures as the bezels will not be covered. If you read the slides also they show that you press specific buttons to do specific bezel gestures
    01-25-12 07:00 PM
    I would like to see it fully intergrated i.e. the keyboard becomes an extension of the PB with a port to plug in a USB drive and incorporate an extended battery system to keep the PB running well pass the 8 hour mark. I would rather see it be hard wired to the PB as opposed to Bluetooth. Build in a docking system to tie into the PB. An accessory that did all this could turn the PB into a fully mobile computing platform and still switch to a tablet for comfort. I will be really interested to see a video review of this product with someone using the Remote Desktop app.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    01-25-12 07:00 PM
    I would like to see it fully intergrated i.e. the keyboard becomes an extension of the PB with a port to plug in a USB drive and incorporate an extended battery system to keep the PB running well pass the 8 hour mark. I would rather see it be hard wired to the PB as opposed to Bluetooth. Build in a docking system to tie into the PB. An accessory that did all this could turn the PB into a fully mobile computing platform and still switch to a tablet for comfort. I will be really interested to see a video review of this product with someone using the Remote Desktop app.
    Only problem I see with a docking keyboard is that it would be connected by the usb port right? The micro or mini usb port is weak so I'm afraid it would deteriorate quickly
    01-25-12 07:04 PM
    If you click on through and look at the slides, it shows that the bezel features will be retained by moving the trackpad to the relevant areas (e.g. edge of screen to rotate apps, top of screen for settings).

--

I have similar concerns as drew.dana for those that wish to use their net-playbook for extended periods of time. It would be killer to have the keyboard function as an extended battery, otherwise it would be difficult to use plugged in without having the playbook 'upside down' as the charging ports face the spine of the casing.

Another concern is the price point. After seeing the price point of basics like rapid/travel chargers I shudder to think what something like this would cost.
    01-25-12 07:22 PM
    I don't believe that the keyboard the the pb are connected other than by BT. No physical connections between them. Yes, PRICE will be interesting.
    01-25-12 08:46 PM
    01-25-12 08:49 PM
    OMG!!! I want one sooo bad.. Time to save up more change in the jar.

It may look simular but no track pad. But that may be about the price point ballpark.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-25-12 at 08:55 PM.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    01-25-12 08:53 PM
    saw something similar at the mall here, but there was no trackpad and the case covered the top and bottom bezel (which makes zero sense) if this is a $100 i will get it but i will pay no more then that
    01-25-12 09:05 PM
    It just became #1 on my accessory list. A must have, it just looks to KOOL not to have
    01-25-12 09:09 PM
    I'll have to see it in person. Looks like it could just add too much bulk for day to day carrying. The convertible case adds enough bulk as it is. I have to pull my Playbook out of it when people say its way thicker than an iPad and then they are surprised by how thin it is out of the case.
    01-25-12 09:10 PM
    I waited patiently for the BlackBerry case and keyboard combination but could wait no longer and bought the Hip Street Leather Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard last week if I recall the date. If the official Blackberry version is the same as this combination I agree the added bulk compared to my Hip Street Leather Executive Case is noticeable. The latter feels almost twice as heavy as the former. However, since I keep a separate BlackBerry PlayBook in each of these cases I can just grab the most appropriate tablet/case for the situation.

As usual BlackBerry is late to the party. Oh well. Is it Friday yet?
    sam_g_84 likes this.
    01-26-12 08:07 AM
    Correction: I meant to say the Hip Street Leather Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard feels almost twice as heavy as the Hip Street Leather Executive Case.
    01-26-12 08:08 AM
    The images on berryreview show a USB port...but none of the rest of what you said.
    01-26-12 09:27 AM
    Any update on when this would be released?
    02-25-12 03:51 PM
    Any update on when this would be released?
    Nope, Nadda, Nothing.....I bet Crackberry Kevin knows. He's probably holding out as usual
    02-25-12 04:31 PM
    I WANT this Keyboard NOW!! Dagnabit.. {{StompingFoot}} Ouch!
    02-25-12 04:39 PM
    It is EXPECTED around when OS2 launches. And, if you recall, OS2 was expected within 60 days, end of summer ......
    Darlaten likes this.
    02-25-12 06:23 PM
    PlayBook turns into NetBook... great stuff
    02-25-12 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD