So, as most saw, I had an issue with RIM's repair center saying my playbook had excessive liquid damage.
    After much hassle, I told them to send it back to me. (July 27th) On July 29th, I tried to login to RIM's support site to get the tracking number. I wasn't able to login because my 90 day support had ended. I called them up, the first guy I talked to asked for my serial number, he put me on hold and came back and said he couldn't find it and asked for my case number. He put me on hold again and when he came back he said that he had to transfer me.... on hold again. I guess the first guy had talked to the second guy while I was on hold and gave him all my info. The second guy comes on the line and says my playbook has left the facility, I asked for the serial (duh tracking number not serial number..typo) number and he said "I don't have it, I MIGHT email it to you in 2 hours" (This is about 9:30am)
    I got the email at 4:23 pm and it said to login to RIM's support site, enter my SN and my tracking info will be there. (Remember, the reason I was calling was because I couldn't login to the site in the first place) I replied to the message with a screenshot telling them I couldn't login.... no reply.
    Monday Aug 1. I was getting extremely annoyed by this time and sent them a nasty email.

Here's my email:
    "Is somebody going to respond to me or do I just assume my playbook is going to be dumped at my house to be baked in the heat while I'm at work?
    This is a rediculous process and I'm extremely unhappy that you claim my playbook is "water damaged" in the first place and now I have to deal with this and you guys not giving me a tracking number."
    etc. etc. etc. you get the point.
    No reply

Tuesday I get home from work to see my playbook hanging out of my mailbox... wtf?? I didn't even need to sign for my device AND it's sitting in the heat??? Not cool!!! Not cool RIM!!!

Anyways, a more positive note...
    I started up my playbook, and rebooted it several times to see how it was running. I must say it APPEARS to be flawless and I waited over 24 hours to post this. As I'm sure most of you recall, I was not able to turn it on unless it was plugged into a wall charger and I was not able to do a software update as it wouldn't reboot and abort the update process. Charged it last night, took it off this morning, NO random shut downs. It's running the current OS as well, so they were obviously able to update it. I have no idea if they fixed anything, but from what they told me, they were sending it back unfixed. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    So ultimately, I'm happy I have my beloved playbook back and working great for now anyways, there's a trust level that has been broken with my particular playbook.
    I still say there was NO water damage from my doing, that I can swear on and I'm very unhappy about this whole process and the stress I have endured throughout it along with the fact that my warranty is void due to the so called "excessive liquid damage" if I DO encounter another issue I'm basically screwed.
    I would still like to have someone from RIM to call me so I can go into full detail from beginning to end and let them know that this is unacceptable.
    I know it's going to be asked... and yes, the SN is the same as the one I sent out.

Thanks for everyone that supported me on my last thread, it truly felt good to have the support.
    To those that thought this was a hoax or a lie ,,l,,
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 08-03-11 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I meant asked for the TRACKING number not serial number when talking on the phone to RIM supprot my bad.
    08-03-11 10:17 PM
    Is it possible that they accidently mixed up your Playbook with someone elses? Did you indeed get your Playbook back, are the serial numbers matching?
    08-03-11 10:24 PM
    I don't think anyone REALLY cared whether it was a hoax or a lie, just that it looked like you were looking to get some attention.

But yeah, can't say I've ever had a great experience with any service center - cept for my Mitsubishi Dealer, those guys are some good dudes - so you have my sympathy.

Glad it all turned out fair in the end.
    08-03-11 10:25 PM
    glad it workout for you.good to have you back..
    08-03-11 10:26 PM
    I don't know if they mixed it up or what happened, I don't know if they did something because I was making a big stink, or if it's that they were able to force an update on it that fixed the issue. My SN is the same but now it's blacklisted in a way with a void warranty.
    08-03-11 10:27 PM
    I don't think anyone REALLY cared whether it was a hoax or a lie, just that it looked like you were looking to get some attention.

But yeah, can't say I've ever had a great experience with any service center - cept for my Mitsubishi Dealer, those guys are some good dudes - so you have my sympathy.

Glad it all turned out fair in the end.
    No, I definitely wasn't out for attention. I was so incredibly angry and to be very honest, I didn't want it to be the hottest thread on CB.
    Thanks again
    08-03-11 10:28 PM
    I read the thread and never replied but don't leave her in the car over night or stop taking it with me in the Bathroom when I take a shower, where condensation may build up.

As for the Calls & Shipment...

I hate to say it but this is why I switched to Apple, from Windows not RIM/android. Customer Service is amazing. I'm not surprised as I hate dealing over the phone, I had this problem with Bell (which is why I'm with Rogers, LOL). Again it's why I love Apple with their Stores & Genius Bar.

It's great to hear your PlayBook is back in working condition. Though, I wondering if there was a mix up at Service Department and your PlayBook was repaired accidentally?
    mpcook likes this.
    08-03-11 10:35 PM
    If nothing else, I hope you're able to fill out a survey detailing how poorly they handled the situation.
    08-03-11 10:38 PM
    If nothing else, I hope you're able to fill out a survey detailing how poorly they handled the situation.
    Hmm I never got a comment card, but would be more than happy to fill one out.
    08-03-11 10:40 PM
    That was quite the saga. Glad it worked out for you!
    08-03-11 10:47 PM
    The monkeys must not have trained the monkeys right .... ridiculous you had to go through all that BS, but glad you got it back and in working order. Some heads should roll or at least be smacked around a little so this type of crap don't happen again (and we all know it will, sadly.)
    08-03-11 10:57 PM
    Oh, I should have mentioned one thing... I can't login to app world, I keep getting this error "your Blackberry ID could not be validated, please try again" Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    08-03-11 11:09 PM
    Really makes me feel great about the prospect of having to deal with RIM Support. Not.

So, as most saw, I had an issue with RIM's repair center saying my playbook had excessive liquid damage.
    After much hassle, I told them to send it back to me. (July 27th) On July 29th, I tried to login to RIM's support site to get the tracking number. I wasn't able to login because my 90 day support had ended. I called them up, the first guy I talked to asked for my serial number, he put me on hold and came back and said he couldn't find it and asked for my case number. He put me on hold again and when he came back he said that he had to transfer me.... on hold again. I guess the first guy had talked to the second guy while I was on hold and gave him all my info. The second guy comes on the line and says my playbook has left the facility, I asked for the serial (duh tracking number not serial number..typo) number and he said "I don't have it, I MIGHT email it to you in 2 hours" (This is about 9:30am)
    I got the email at 4:23 pm and it said to login to RIM's support site, enter my SN and my tracking info will be there. (Remember, the reason I was calling was because I couldn't login to the site in the first place) I replied to the message with a screenshot telling them I couldn't login.... no reply.
    Monday Aug 1. I was getting extremely annoyed by this time and sent them a nasty email.

Here's my email:
    "Is somebody going to respond to me or do I just assume my playbook is going to be dumped at my house to be baked in the heat while I'm at work?
    This is a rediculous process and I'm extremely unhappy that you claim my playbook is "water damaged" in the first place and now I have to deal with this and you guys not giving me a tracking number."
    etc. etc. etc. you get the point.
    No reply

Tuesday I get home from work to see my playbook hanging out of my mailbox... wtf?? I didn't even need to sign for my device AND it's sitting in the heat??? Not cool!!! Not cool RIM!!!

Anyways, a more positive note...
    I started up my playbook, and rebooted it several times to see how it was running. I must say it APPEARS to be flawless and I waited over 24 hours to post this. As I'm sure most of you recall, I was not able to turn it on unless it was plugged into a wall charger and I was not able to do a software update as it wouldn't reboot and abort the update process. Charged it last night, took it off this morning, NO random shut downs. It's running the current OS as well, so they were obviously able to update it. I have no idea if they fixed anything, but from what they told me, they were sending it back unfixed. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    So ultimately, I'm happy I have my beloved playbook back and working great for now anyways, there's a trust level that has been broken with my particular playbook.
    I still say there was NO water damage from my doing, that I can swear on and I'm very unhappy about this whole process and the stress I have endured throughout it along with the fact that my warranty is void due to the so called "excessive liquid damage" if I DO encounter another issue I'm basically screwed.
    I would still like to have someone from RIM to call me so I can go into full detail from beginning to end and let them know that this is unacceptable.
    I know it's going to be asked... and yes, the SN is the same as the one I sent out.

Thanks for everyone that supported me on my last thread, it truly felt good to have the support.
    To those that thought this was a hoax or a lie ,,l,,
    08-03-11 11:09 PM
    the long-awaited update..... Glad to hear that you have a fully working playbook once again. My feelings were that you would either get back a working playbook only to find out it was a different SN, or you would get your original one back in mysteriously, fully functional condition. Optimistic thoughts all around but im glad at least one pulled through. The entire process sucked to say the least and i hope you find the most effective means to have your story heard by the higher ups within RIM, if only to prevent any recurrence.
    08-03-11 11:19 PM
    Good is working for you!

What does water damage indicator look like?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Markymarkp likes this.
    08-03-11 11:24 PM
    they replaced mine. the comment card is when you send it out. in addition to it not working, i added abt the power button being mushy and the new one is totally different. clicky and Way more responsive. oddly enough, it was inside the 90 days, but i was unable to register the new serial # on the website.
    08-03-11 11:25 PM
    SquareTrade. This is the answer.
    08-03-11 11:25 PM
    Doesn't RIM have some sort of customer satisfaction or loyalty dept? Can't you call and give them an earful? Glad it worked out and hopefully they didn't "blacklist" your BB ID
    08-03-11 11:31 PM
    SquareTrade. This is the answer.
    I'm Canadian, so as far as I know, this is not an option
    08-03-11 11:32 PM
    Doesn't RIM have some sort of customer satisfaction or loyalty dept? Can't you call and give them an earful? Glad it worked out and hopefully they didn't "blacklist" your BB ID
    I got some numbers PM'ed to me by others users, but I don't think customer loyalty were any of them. There was one number that I couldn't call because I couldn't connect from my calling area.

Oh geez, don't say that my BBID is blacklisted... it's not, but dayum, what a scary thought. It's working fine on my torch. :P
    08-03-11 11:35 PM
    Smak, I'm actually pretty glad that you've finally gotten through this. No service desk should behave so dumb with its customers, specially when we do have a choice to use products from other brand.
    Anyway, hope you (or anyone else) don't have to suffer this kind of process
    08-03-11 11:38 PM
    The whole incident is really messed up but glad to hear its working for you now...
    08-03-11 11:38 PM
    Great to hear that you got it back in almost working order. Hopefully you can get AppWorld up and running again. The whole mess sure makes me glad that my PlayBook has worked flawlessly... so far....
    08-04-11 01:07 AM
    Geeez what a pain! I'm glad it all worked out in the end, but that's unfortunate you had to go through all that.
    It's a bizarre story, too bad you will probably never really know what happened, like what was actually wrong with it in the first place, why they thought it was water damaged in the first place, etc etc.
    Here's hoping you never have to deal with any of that again!
    08-04-11 01:24 AM
    I'm very happy to hear that everything seems to have worked out. I hope that what happened to you is an anomaly and not indicative of the way RIM does business.
    08-04-11 01:38 AM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD