Okay, I previously made a rant long time ago like about a year ago. You can read if you like but my opinion has changed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-topic-744751

After my rant on 9/13/2012 about a couple of weeks later a update was made to the Playbook that fixes major Issues I had about tablet. I think what made me angry back then was Print to Go system not working and now its working really great. Also connecting and transferring Data to Playbook works much nicer.

I know I was disappointed by the News of BlackBerry 10 OS not being release to the tablet but I knew not to have high hopes for it. Its just like any technology it worked in the OS that came with it and people bought it based on current OS not any future OS.

So I am quite happy with PlayBook when I bought it at a steal for $200 for 64 GB. I mostly use it to view stuff I printed via Print to Go which saves paper. The other thing is basic web browsing. Also connected Email, Calendar stuff. Basically a good display for text and video.

I don't use that many apps on just Wikipedia, Facebook, Adobe reader, Calculator. Since BlackBerry said openly they are not stepping into the tablet scene I probably will move on to Windows RT or Windows Pro tablet. I don't plan to move anytime soon until maybe next year or when there is need for it.
    cman5 likes this.
    08-20-13 09:55 AM
    My PlayBook gets about 95% of my personal IT time. Yesterday I installed TightVNC on my Windows 8 computer and bVNC Pro on my PlayBook. Now I can sit on my sofa and access my Windows 8 box in the basement. The PB has capabilities if you make an effort to find the tools.

I have a Citrix receiver for access to my work systems and Remote Desktop to access my Windows XP and Vista boxes. (For unknown reasons my Windows 8 box does not permit RSD.)

I installed Media Connect to access my PlayOn server which allows me to watch NETFLIX and many other channels on my PB. With HotSpot on my Z10 turned on and LTE access I can watch media content from PlayOn anywhere I am. Again, the tools are out there. Yes I need a PC to handle the Fixed Base Operations but, PCs are cheap, fast and reliable these days.
    08-20-13 10:17 AM
    What I find cool about my PlayBook is after getting an ipad and using it for 6 months I fired up the old PlayBook to find that nothing had been added no BB10 or any kind of apps. I do like that RIM/BlackBerry or whatever they want to call themselves are consistant at dropping the stock price low enough that people who live in developing nations can afford the stock. Yeah i am ranting.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-20-13 11:34 AM
    What I find cool about my PlayBook is after getting an ipad and using it for 6 months I fired up the old PlayBook to find that nothing had been added no BB10 or any kind of apps. I do like that RIM/BlackBerry or whatever they want to call themselves are consistant at dropping the stock price low enough that people who live in developing nations can afford the stock. Yeah i am ranting.
    Like the car! Oh and the post as well, are you Canadian? (please say no)
    08-20-13 12:58 PM
    My PlayBook gets about 95% of my personal IT time. Yesterday I installed TightVNC on my Windows 8 computer and bVNC Pro on my PlayBook. Now I can sit on my sofa and access my Windows 8 box in the basement. The PB has capabilities if you make an effort to find the tools.

I have a Citrix receiver for access to my work systems and Remote Desktop to access my Windows XP and Vista boxes. (For unknown reasons my Windows 8 box does not permit RSD.)

I installed Media Connect to access my PlayOn server which allows me to watch NETFLIX and many other channels on my PB. With HotSpot on my Z10 turned on and LTE access I can watch media content from PlayOn anywhere I am. Again, the tools are out there. Yes I need a PC to handle the Fixed Base Operations but, PCs are cheap, fast and reliable these days.
    This is what I thought you might be able to do with it!
    08-20-13 08:46 PM
    I use my PB for work still using rdm+ for remote access to my desktop and laptop wherever I left them. I'm using Google drive with the cloud explorer for Google app to sync all my docs, invoices and whatever. I've used Print to go and like the option but find I don't need it all that much. I too have been totally bummed by all the negative crap and mismanagement but this product has been super for me. On top of all that when I bridge with my Torch for whatever I'm in sync heaven.
    08-21-13 07:45 AM