Glad to see that i am not the only one who cant upgrade to 668. I thought may be this upgrade was not for 16GB PB.
    08-04-12 04:40 PM
    Glad to see that i am not the only one who cant upgrade to 668. I thought may be this upgrade was not for 16GB PB.
    All OS updates are universal (16/32/64GB and probably 4G) so don't worry which PB size you have.

Maybe you should be glad you missed it given the various threads reporting problems. Oh to be a fly on the wall in RIM's call centre when all those calls were coming in...

I'm sure RIM will have another go at releasing another OS soon... where "soon" probably has the standard English definition, not RIM's "some indeterminate point in the future" version. After all, this must be beyond embarrassing for them.
    08-04-12 04:58 PM
    They removed the OTA ; buggy OS
    08-04-12 05:01 PM
    Lesson to tech noobs: Never jump onto an update or upgrade as soon as it's released, wait for the desperate to be noticed ("I got the update already...") to be your guinea pigs, being patient has never failed me in this context since the days of Keypunch in the pre-historic era of the 1970s, but hey, some people have to learn the hard way I guess.
    08-04-12 05:13 PM
    Wondering what it is that makes the update run well on some devices and crash and burn on others? What you have on it, how you use it (bluetooth, wifi, etc)? It baffles me. My battery is holding fine and I'm having no heat issues at all. Not that I think I'll get an answer but it's really got me scratching my head. Feeling bad for those who got stung with this update.
    El Cid likes this.
    08-04-12 09:56 PM
    Just home from hols hopping to update but same as others no update, will keep checking as hoping the bridge messages would start to work.
    Yup, same thing here. Was actually up in Canada but could not get very reliable wifi. So missed the announcement. Missed the retraction and am not sure where or why it's gone.
    08-05-12 12:58 AM
    Yup, same thing here. Was actually up in Canada but could not get very reliable wifi. So missed the announcement. Missed the retraction and am not sure where or why it's gone.
    It isnt official yet but apparently the update was crashing a lot of browsers and causing some playbooks to heat up so much that it may have caused harm to the device. RIM c.s. Was advising many people that called it to actually downgrade.
    08-05-12 05:07 AM
    guinea pig or not this update works for me even my side loaded Android apps lucky I guess

This is from goodereader.com Breaking: RIM has pulled the Plug on the Playbook OS 2.0.1.668 Update | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

If you were hoping to download the latest update for the Blackberry Playbook that gives it the same functionality as the new Playbook 2, prepare to be let down. We have breaking news that Research and Motion has pulled the update from being pushed out to people who have yet to upgrade to the latest RIM 2.0.1.668 update.

There is no official word from RIM in regards to them pulling the update. Since it launched, there has been a ton of problems from users who sideloaded their own Android apps. In some cases apps are disappearing from the homescreen and suddenly stop working. The fix right now is to simply delete the app and reinstall it. This might cause some problems if you have saved games, because they too will disappear. Other problems resulted in some Playbook WIFI tablets unable to boot up the upgrade.

The majority of users who installed the latest firmware update had overwhelming positive things to say about it. In many cases web browsing is quicker, it boots up faster and has a added functionality for BAR files. It also gives you better access to wireless networks better in the home with enhanced upgrades.

When the Playbook OS 2.0.1.668 update rolled out a few days ago, many people cheered. It seems that the date on the upgrade was from June 16th, which should have given the company ample time to test everything internally. Now everyone is collectively moaning in despair that they did not get the update in time. There is no current option to downgrade your operating system unless you get an image from one that has not been upgraded yet.

I guess a month and a half isn't long enough to side lod some apps
    08-05-12 09:08 AM
    Do you think the problem might be with the sideloading? I've not side loaded anything and I have found anything wrong with it quite yet.
    08-05-12 09:15 AM
    I have sideloaded apps and updated and have no problems so far.
    08-05-12 09:18 AM
    I don't side load anything and haven't had any problems with the upgrade. In any event, it would have been nice - well it would have been professional - if RIM would have actually communicated to the Playbook community that they had pulled the upgrade and were investigating any issues that the upgrade may have had.
    FF22 and El Cid like this.
    08-05-12 09:48 AM
    I don't side load anything and haven't had any problems with the upgrade. In any event, it would have been nice - well it would have been professional - if RIM would have actually communicated to the Playbook community that they had pulled the upgrade and were investigating any issues that the upgrade may have had.
    Normally a company would... RIM would.... But keep in mind what humiliation and embarrassment RIM has to deal with since this is basically another black eye for them. To wit, they not only have to explain their screw up but sugarcoat ti and do big time damage control in doing so.
    08-05-12 10:48 AM
    Subscribing. I had the same update icon appear/disappear that others have mentioned, so just want to stay in the loop.
    08-05-12 11:01 AM
    well somebody told me RIM pulled the update

and im just finding out the playbook had an update, cause i havent been using my playbook for 2 weeks, just starting back using it.
    08-05-12 01:02 PM
    I can understand your frustration but since I updated on Thursday, I can't check on my unit whether or not the update is still available,

It isn't outside the realm of possibility that there could be a problem with it but I would have expected to see at least one post about said update causing problems from the slew of members who did update on Thursday.

I can't say that I've noticed any change, for good or ill, since installing the update but I never notice a difference after I update Windows on my PC either.

Sorry you are all being unable to update. Maybe someone with more inside information than I will will have some answers for you
    don't feel bad for them,you don't know who is the lucky one update the change or not
    08-05-12 02:08 PM
    so should I expect they have new update very soon since it might harm PB?
    08-05-12 02:24 PM
    It's hard to have confidence in RIM to deliver BB10 on time when cannot even deliver an incremental update.
    08-05-12 03:01 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD