HBO Go for me was unwatchable before the update, did you sideload an android app?
    The Wifi version always had video store, bing maps, Zino, freaking Kudo and a couple other that came back today like herpes. The video chart didn't notice, have to look for. I noticed a lock icon when I tap the battery icon. The biggest thing I noticed is that with this Flash I can't watch HBO GO anymore

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:20 AM
    Browser definitely faster!

Posted via Harry
    09-11-13 08:02 AM
    HBO Go for me was unwatchable before the update, did you sideload an android app?
    No, just from the browser, same as I use for my laptop. For the most part it was pretty good. It might freeze for a few seconds or so, but never had a problem that I had to restart it. I've been looking for a side load.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:06 AM
    Is anyone having problems with the gps? After the update no app can seem to find me. I even tried some gps test apps but they seem to go on and on and on without finding me. It was working fine before the update yesterday!
    09-11-13 08:20 AM
    Is anyone having problems with the gps? After the update no app can seem to find me. I even tried some gps test apps but they seem to go on and on and on without finding me. It was working fine before the update yesterday!
    I know that it came sometimes take a LONG time for the GPS to get a location lock. I will check this out on my own PB a little later this afternoon, and report back.
    09-11-13 08:36 AM
    I know that it came sometimes take a LONG time for the GPS to get a location lock. I will check this out on my own PB a little later this afternoon, and report back.
    Thanks for the reply. But I solved the issue...it took only 2 reboots to make it work .
    09-11-13 08:51 AM
    Just fired up an App called 'GPS Tester' which I think was free in BB World.
    It got a GPS lock within a couple of minutes (and yes, I am running version .1753)

So seems like the problem may be with your PB (or maybe the Apps you are running?). Have you tried a reboot?

UPDATE: Just launched OsmAnd(Free version) and that seems to know where I am too (via GPS)

UPDATE2: Where are you doing your testing from, does your PB have a clear view of the sky? - It can also help if you turn the PB upsidedown (GPS sensor is in the bottom of the PB, below the screen - near where it says 'BlackBerry')

UPDATE3: Just noticed that you posted while I was writing this to say that you had fixed it, so please ignore everything I have just written!!
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 09-11-13 at 09:34 AM.
    ViBogdan likes this.
    09-11-13 09:07 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with the playbook recognizing an update is available - my 4G playbook wont pick up the update when I click on the check for updates button....
    RS_Ford likes this.
    09-11-13 09:36 AM
    4G PlayBook needs carrier approval before it gets the update.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:48 AM
    4G PlayBook needs carrier approval before it gets the update.

Posted via CB10
    And what if a 4G PlayBook does not belong to any carrier? i.e. has been bought unlocked, and runs with a SIM from a network that never sold 4G model ?

STL100-2 10.1.0.4633 & PB 64GB
    09-11-13 10:12 AM
    And what if a 4G PlayBook does not belong to any carrier? i.e. has been bought unlocked, and runs with a SIM from a network that never sold 4G model ?

STL100-2 10.1.0.4633 & PB 64GB
    This being the case, you may wish to try the leaked release as apparently this works fine on SIM equipped PlayBooks.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:24 AM
    This being the case, you may wish to try the leaked release as apparently this works fine on SIM equipped PlayBooks.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure about this. I thought that the OS will load and work fine, but you'll lose the 4G capability.
    09-11-13 12:38 PM
    Just took a few seconds once I placed it near a window. (so far I have only done the 32 gig. The 64 awaits my willingness)
    09-11-13 02:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue unlocked uk 3G model and won't see the update.

Any ideas guys as worried about the leak o's being compatible

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:26 PM
    I'm having the same issue unlocked uk 3G model and won't see the update.

Any ideas guys as worried about the leak o's being compatible

Posted via CB10
    Follow this thread before going with the leaked autoloader. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ook-3g-848236/
    09-11-13 03:50 PM
    F2, did you back up your PlayBook before you did the update? I haven't done it in awhile.
    09-11-13 03:55 PM
    Are you sure about this. I thought that the OS will load and work fine, but you'll lose the 4G capability.
    Alternatively you could simply sideload the updated elements of the OS as .bar files...

Other than the Android runtime and slightly improved keyboard response, there isn't much there.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:04 PM
    We have our companies field team equipped with Playbooks that use web based tools through the Bluetooth connection on their Blackberry cell phones. In my testing today of our web tools after the upgrade I found the keyboard responsiveness improved, the browsers smoother and responds better, and the blue tooth connection has been strengthened.

*Again all of this is in relation to prior to the upgrade, using our online operational web tools. I have thousands of hours of in the field in use and testing from our users under our belt and I respond to the issues as they arise so I am speaking from a view point with some experience.

That said you don't have to agree, this is just one guys opinion
    09-11-13 06:30 PM

Alternatively you could simply sideload the updated elements of the OS as .bar files...
    This assumes that the 3G/4G radio bar files are available. I'm not sure this is so. It seems that others are looking for them, without much success so far.
    09-11-13 06:40 PM
    Update loaded fine (CA USA). Print to Go updated, facilitate wireless transfers. When app opened, screen directs user to download file to computer to enable wireless transfers. Not sure about Flash security changes. Download smooth; no issues. [16 G ].
    09-11-13 07:21 PM
    wow .... very snappy.
    I wish BlackBerry can let us know all the changes they made. It's like a treasure hunt trying to find them all.

Very nice to see that they are still supporting the PlayBook.
    09-11-13 09:53 PM
    F2, did you back up your PlayBook before you did the update? I haven't done it in awhile.
    Nope. Just ran the update. But this is my "backup" pb. But I generally do keep my unique data backed up. Although, reinstalling apps if necessary, while possible, can be tedious!
    09-11-13 10:23 PM
    Hold on both volume buttons for a screenshot, just like on the Z10.

If you know how to unbrick a Z10, let me know....
    09-12-13 01:22 AM
    wow .... very snappy.
    I wish BlackBerry can let us know all the changes they made. It's like a treasure hunt trying to find them all.

Very nice to see that they are still supporting the PlayBook.
    Not so much finding treasure, rather finding two pennies and a peanut down the back of the chair. Better than nothing.
    Tazos likes this.
    09-12-13 01:55 AM
    Hold on both volume buttons for a screenshot, just like on the Z10.

If you know how to unbrick a Z10, let me know....
    Maybe you can find it here.

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.co...?lang=1&id=223

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-12-13 02:01 AM
157 ... 34567