And what if a 4G PlayBook does not belong to any carrier? i.e. has been bought unlocked, and runs with a SIM from a network that never sold 4G model ?

STL100-2 10.1.0.4633 & PB 64GB
    Then you never get an update. Same applies to so-called unlocked 3G models they irresponsibly spread round Europe. Best you can do is look for 2.1.0.1088 on an autoloader, or like the man says use the 1753 leak and find the radio files on .bar. Google like crazy.
    09-12-13 02:13 AM
    Still seeming to have a "hung jury" as to the usefulness of this update, a detailed changelog would be nice right about now. And by that I mean: an actual list of every individual bug fixed in this update. That way at least I can stop being so surprised whenever I find something that seems to have be slightly changed...
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-13 04:07 AM
    Still seeming to have a "hung jury" as to the usefulness of this update, a detailed changelog would be nice right about now. And by that I mean: an actual list of every individual bug fixed in this update. That way at least I can stop being so surprised whenever I find something that seems to have be slightly changed...
    If sideloading Android apps I don't think there's much doubt over its usefulness, though...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 07:21 AM
    Then you never get an update. Same applies to so-called unlocked 3G models they irresponsibly spread round Europe. Best you can do is look for 2.1.0.1088 on an autoloader, or like the man says use the 1753 leak and find the radio files on .bar. Google like crazy.
    Let me get it right...

IF I use the 1753 leak on PB LTE, I am going to have to say goodbye to mobile data connectivity.

IF then I find and sideload the .bar radio files, I MAY regain mobile data connectivity.

Correct?

STL100-2 10.1.0.4633 & PB 64GB
    09-12-13 07:25 AM
    If sideloading Android apps I don't think there's much doubt over its usefulness, though...
    As, sadly, is evidenced in several threads: mileage may vary!
    So far I personally appear to have gotten away with the benefits of this release and haven't encountered any "show stoppers" yet...
    09-12-13 07:29 AM
    After using this for a day.....I do think browser is quicker. Some not all of my apps load faster. Only things I've noticed.
    09-12-13 09:09 AM
    Is it worth loading or does it make more problems.
    09-12-13 12:10 PM
    Let me get it right...

IF I use the 1753 leak on PB LTE, I am going to have to say goodbye to mobile data connectivity.

IF then I find and sideload the .bar radio files, I MAY regain mobile data connectivity.

Correct?
    I think that sums it up.
    JJonPB likes this.
    09-12-13 12:17 PM
    Okay I've got a suspicion. Maybe one of you can help me clear this up. My Playbook had several quirks before the update, that magically disappeared after the update. So, naturally, I assumed these were fixes. But it might just be possible that the update somehow reset parts of my system to a state before the quirks started to appear. Is this in any way plausible? I'm not complaining either way, as I like my Playbook without the quirks, but I am trying to figure out, why (most) others have way worse experiences with the update on offer than I do...
    09-12-13 01:58 PM
    Boo hoo Fast Browser wont launch
    09-12-13 02:21 PM
    Not Rogers, my Telus LTE PB didn't get the update either. My Rogers 32gb wifi PB got it.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 02:48 PM
    Updated PlayBook software and now nogago maps won't load
    09-12-13 04:13 PM
    Updated PlayBook software and now nogago maps won't load
    Try to uninstall and then reinstall, or install Osmand from app world. Nogago is an offshoot of Osmand and they're basically the same app.
    09-12-13 04:16 PM
    I am someone who really lost faith in BB over the pb fiasco and moved over to a surface tablet I thought i would chirp in to share my expierience. I have kept my z10 for now until the new lumia comes to telus and will then switch over. As I make this transition, I realize more how much I like bb10 and how much and wanted it to be able to provide an integrated tablet phone combination. Sadly the company really screwed up the deployment of their pr efforts and have pushed people like me away. That being said, for those considering moving, you will find that there is much to miss about your playbook. The size of the tablet is perfect and to be frank I find the surface too big to use at times. It just feels awkward. The interface, while better than apple IMHO is clunky compared to my z10, but I would say better than the pb os. Part of the reason I felt I had to move is well the playbook looks old now and as I use my tablet for work I just felt embarassed using it. As a knock around tablet for reading though at home, I do sorta miss it and if that is your primary need, keep it. while I still see BB as fibbers (just a gut reaction I know) they do have an oppertunity to actually turn this around and make bb10 a viable platform. TH said tablets would be dead, and we all thought he got hit in the head by a large truck when he said it there may be some merit in his thoughts. The z10 or similar phone paired with a dumb tablet the phone could just slot into would truely be a game changer as it would offer a low cost alternative with a rocking interface. However, you cannot wish it to be so. I would keep my z10 forever and throw my surface off a bridge if bb could partner with someone to make such a product. Hopefully, if bb goes private they may have a chance for such innovation, but it does not look right now that this will happen
    scott99lee and Bor Navas like this.
    09-12-13 04:41 PM
    Well, my streaming video has been flawless since updating. I did have to reset my usb sharing setting to "Connect to Windows" to use the cable to transfer files to my Ubuntu laptop, but otherwise everything works well, including my beloved Android side-loaded app, TextPlus. I'm happy it went as well as it did.
    Last edited by jsdhornby; 09-13-13 at 09:45 AM.
    09-12-13 10:23 PM
    I can bridge again with my Z10 again. Thank You

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:16 AM
    Great

Posted via Harry
    09-13-13 07:17 AM
    Well forth reboot and Fast Browser has decided to work
    09-13-13 07:24 AM
    I do. Still use my PlayBook daily

Z10_10.2.0.1xxx
    me too!
    09-13-13 01:04 PM
    installed the 2.1.0.1753 update and now sideloaded apps, including Kindle, do not function (black screen only) and a few apps downloaded from BB world are similarly not functioning.
    any ideas how to fix this?
    Last edited by scottsan; 09-13-13 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typo
    09-13-13 01:25 PM
    reboot.......
    09-13-13 01:47 PM
    the device automatically rebooted after the update was installed. you think another reboot will fix it?
    09-13-13 01:51 PM
    reboot number 2 did the trick, thanks.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-13 02:01 PM
    the device automatically rebooted after the update was installed. you think another reboot will fix it?
    As your next reply (success) shows, Computers, tablets, cell phones can be quirky devices. Why should a second reboot change things???? GOOD Question!
    09-13-13 03:17 PM
    Just noticed that FaceBook app does not recognize bridge as a connection. FaceBook over bridge on the browser won't download pictures. I didn't have either of these problems prior to the update. If I'm missing a setting here, I'd appreciate some advice.
    09-13-13 03:24 PM
157 ... 4567