Berrytimes (in chinese) is reporting October release.

[
    Man I can't wait!!! I hope sooner but October is really about a month away!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 11:44 PM
    I hope we see more TAT influence in the OS upon release. Possibly a revised music player or app world? This is exciting.
    Innerchild likes this.
    08-25-11 11:46 PM
    I'm very excited to see the next release on my Playbook! That being said, the most recent release has been great. Browser without bridge browser = awesome. Also, I enjoy using my many apps on the go without wifi.
    08-25-11 11:51 PM
    Man I can't wait!!! I hope sooner but October is really about a month away!

Maybe earlier!
    RIM To Finally Fix The PlayBook Tablet, BBM and Native Email Coming In September | TechCrunch
    08-25-11 11:53 PM
    DevCon is October 18-20.
    dreadlocks10 likes this.
    08-25-11 11:57 PM
    i see chinese input in the third last pic.
    08-25-11 11:58 PM
    WOOOOH! We all knew its coming but still, WOOHOO! Nice find! Definitely a Playbook Re-Launch!
    Facebook is already here, but Twitter, LinkedIn for that business touch, PIM, BBM, Android Player..*horny*
    Let's just hope its not BS.
    08-26-11 12:00 AM
    i thought for 2.0 they are getting rid of the ribbon and going towards an apple like simplified homepage?

or am i mixing that up with the colt?
    Kaczy27 likes this.
    08-26-11 12:02 AM

RIM may have lagged a bit the past couple years. But in this time, they know the competition....Makes it much easier to one up the competition. It's ok to be late, as long as your ahead
    Like building a better mousetrap.

Looking again at the "Configure a new account" picture, I hope that also leads to LED notifications like the bb phones.
    08-26-11 12:22 AM
    I'd say we still have at least one or two more updates before 2.0 gets released. Differential update was just released. If 2.0 is going to be as big a jump as thought, then differential updates wouldn't need to be baked into the OS as a priority. That's what I'm guessing anyway.

08-26-11 12:35 AM
    i wonder if playbook bbm will be the first we see of bbm using blackberry id rather than pin, since we know its coming soon
    08-26-11 12:40 AM
    Differential update was technically in the July update. The August update is the first update to use that function.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    08-26-11 12:42 AM
    OMG..Three Words people...Plants. Versus. Zombies.
    08-26-11 12:57 AM
    So, Chinese are the one developing the Update 2.0 then... why they couldn't get a good angle? you know, something that will show BlackBerry Playbook logo, or good angle where we don't need to figure-out the icons... or even a video, would be an excellent "teaser"...
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 08-26-11 at 01:59 AM.
    08-26-11 01:40 AM
    Just to be different from my usual cheery, optimistic self, I am going to call LIES!

I mean, based on what all the naysayers have said, there is no way all this is going to arrive within the next 2 months! RIM hasn't officially said anything about BBM or whether a 2.0 rerelease is in the works or anything! And you can't just go from being an operating system that has so many flaws that they can't seem to stop constantly ***** about to being FREAKIN' AWESOME! It doesn't work like that. It works like Apple does it - where you don't have something as simple as FOLDERS for you operating system for 3 iterations of the iOS, and then on the 4th version, and 3 devices later, you finally do it. 5 months and one device is not nearly enough time to develop and squeeze money out of consumers to take such a gigantic leap forward, let alone make the operating system the DESTROYER OF TABLETS.

AND, people - developer people - don't think there is but one guy working on the PB TabletOS; everyone else is working on the phones. I mean, it's not like they can't have more than 6 people in QNX development. Plus, they just had all those firings, so no one works at RIM anyway, so there is no way this will happen after 5 months of this first iteration of the OS - one person can only code so fast.

So, I think the answer is obvious - its all Photoshopped.

Or one of those Chinese knockoffs....probably made with lead or something.....

Edit: For the love of my PlayBook SARCASM ALERT!~
    Last edited by OverShadow417; 08-26-11 at 02:04 AM.
    danimalchil likes this.
    08-26-11 01:44 AM
    AND, people - developer people - don't think there is but one guy working on the PB TabletOS; everyone else is working on the phones. I mean, it's not like they can't have more than 6 people in QNX development. Plus, they just had all those firings, so no one works at RIM anyway, so there is no way this will happen after 5 months of this first iteration of the OS - one person can only code so fast.

Firings have nothing to do with it. They couldn't push out simple updates to our phones with 10,000 employees, what's the difference if they lose 2,000?

Fingers crossed but I take this "news" with a tablespoon of salt...
    08-26-11 01:47 AM
    RIM hasn't officially said anything about BBM or whether a 2.0 rerelease is in the works or anything! And you can't just go from being an operating system that has so many flaws that they can't seem to stop constantly ***** about to being FREAKIN' AWESOME! It doesn't work like that. It works like Apple does it...

....Plus, they just had all those firings, so no one works at RIM anyway, so there is no way this will happen after 5 months of this first iteration of the OS - one person can only code so fast.

I really hope that your post was sarcasm.

I really do.

Because if not, while I'll refrain from ripping apart your statements piece by piece, I will say this much:

1. Just because RIM doesn't announce something officially doesn't mean it isn't happening. They didn't officially announce they were working on BBM Music; yet apparently it's been in the works for a while.
    2. You can go from an OS with flaws to an OS that works. It's called getting your crap together and putting in things that should have been in 6 months ago.
    3. It works like Apple does? Please, Apple does many things right: making consumers wait ages for basic features is not one of them.
    4. Ah yes, firings, because they laid off their entire QNX team which is going to their phones next and is suppose to be the big turnaround RIM needs. Makes sense.
    5. For photoshop, I point thee here: Forensic Error Level Analysis Results for http://ww4.sinaimg.c...

On a side note,which BlackBerry is this?

Orbitor1 and frfghtr like this.
    08-26-11 02:02 AM
    Does the date on the second pic say July 28?
    It says "Thu, Aug 25, 2011"

08-26-11 02:03 AM
    I really hope that your post was sarcasm.

I really do.
    The fact that it was a post written by me, and could be so easily picked apart, should be a SURE sign it was sarcasm :-D

I have edited the original to make sure it gets across.

On a less sarcastic note - OMFG SUPER EXCITED CAN'T WAIT TILL RELEASED CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK!!!!

liwcalvary likes this.
    08-26-11 02:06 AM
    Just to be different from my usual cheery, optimistic self, I am going to call LIES!

I mean, based on what all the naysayers have said, there is no way all this is going to arrive within the next 2 months! RIM hasn't officially said anything about BBM or whether a 2.0 rerelease is in the works or anything! And you can't just go from being an operating system that has so many flaws that they can't seem to stop constantly ***** about to being FREAKIN' AWESOME! It doesn't work like that. It works like Apple does it - where you don't have something as simple as FOLDERS for you operating system for 3 iterations of the iOS, and then on the 4th version, and 3 devices later, you finally do it. 5 months and one device is not nearly enough time to develop and squeeze money out of consumers to take such a gigantic leap forward, let alone make the operating system the DESTROYER OF TABLETS.

You, sir, are silly.

08-26-11 02:07 AM
    This makes me hard.
    08-26-11 02:09 AM
    Am I reading it right? Activesync instead of bes/bis accounts? In the accounts screenshot?

08-26-11 02:15 AM
    Am I reading it right? Activesync instead of bes/bis accounts? In the accounts screenshot?

those are types of email accounts...

08-26-11 02:20 AM
    i wonder if playbook bbm will be the first we see of bbm using blackberry id rather than pin, since we know its coming soon
    Could be, but playbook does have a pin so technically it does not need to be different. Though, we know they are slowly moving away from pin.
    08-26-11 02:22 AM
    ...excellent analysis there mate...

...but, do you think that it is possible that OS (software) is really available but not "officially" from QNX (or RIM)?... I've seen one Chinese version of BlackBerry Playbook... not only it has available slot card for mmc / sd card, but even have 128GB of memory! but not really as "smooth" or as "flawless" of original BB PlayBook... and even the bezzle UI is suck...

...and besides, RIM should be proud of announcing that development - in case it is their... instead of another "incident" of leakage...

...like other PlayBook owners, there is no better Christmas gift than my PlayBook being completed... but I hate those guys playing with us...
    08-26-11 02:25 AM
153 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD