Has anyone updated to 1.8 yet? anything new with the upgrade?
    12-01-11 04:05 AM
    Has anyone updated to 1.8 yet? anything new with the upgrade?
    I believe most of the users have.Its been sometime since this update was released, there are number of threads discussing whats new, whats still not great, and new issues.
    Search in the forums.
    12-01-11 04:46 AM
    Somewhere around 88 percent of all respondents to the latest poll indicate that they have upgraded. Very few problems were encountered. it appears to be a safe choice.

As for changes, not much. Maybe a little faster browsing experience and possibly better WiFi comm.

I have a Bold 9700 & a Playbook. They are working perfectly together.

Bottom Line: Very little risk to the new OS
    12-01-11 04:54 AM
    My PlayBook was working fine after the upgrade until yesterday. I spent most of the day in the office and didn't use my PB except to listen to music. About 2-3 times the music stopped and I had to reboot the PB to get it to play again.

Then last night it got a mind of its own. When I got home it showed still connected to my work WiFi and there weren't any saved WiFi connections. When I got connected to my home WiFi I went on the web and had to login to all sites that I would normally already be signed into. The browser kept closing by itself. I finally got frustrated and shut it off for the night and put on the charging pod. This morning when I got up I turned on the PB and it didn't charge while off. I was down to 23%.

My bridge stopped working, couldn't open any bridge apps. Disconnected the bridge and setup a new connection and still nothing. Got to work and was showing connected to my home WiFi. Had to reboot to get connected to my work WiFi. Still can't open any bridge apps.

I am currently backing up what I need to my desktop and plan on wiping the PB to see if that helps.

Haven't read through any of the other threads to see if anyone is having any of these problems.

Since April this is the first time I have problems like this.
    12-01-11 05:34 AM
    Folks have had problems with routers that allow the N protocol (standard?), whatever. The "fix" is to go into router settings and disable N. There have also been reports of cameras failing to work.
    12-01-11 08:44 AM
    I upgraded when it became available. No problems since then. But this AM, I have a notice that the upgrade is available. same number... weird!

Later,
    B.
    12-01-11 12:16 PM
    hi still not conecting to wifi after doing the 1.0.8.4985 update
    at last blackberry have emailed me back and im just backin up to try i will type as written may help someone im new on here so u guys may be able to put it in the right place
    first do a backup on bb desktop
    after back up complete unplug the playbook then push and hold the power button until the unit powers off
    ignore all prompts (shut down, standby, restart)
    just keep pressing button till it goes off
    now while desktop is open and the playbook powered off connect playbook to computer
    you should see an error screen from desktop software pop up that has options (retry, update,cancel)
    quickly choose update
    this will erase all the info from playbook and re-write the software
    once complete the playbook will need to go back thru setup wizard and then perform a restore to return your information
    only thing that wont come back are apps but can be reinstalled using my world
    once restored please check wifi is working

if anyone has had this info let me know i dont want to make things worse
    12-01-11 02:38 PM
    I just got my PlayBook and it would not let me complete the initial set-up right out of the box unless I upgraded to 1.0.8.4985.

Everything is working fine (so far). I have tried playing around with my router. I set it to mixed B/G/N, B/G, and just N and no problems with connectivity. BlackBerry Bridge works perfectly.

Good luck.
    12-01-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD