I have a Blackberry Playbook, when in my apartment there is a nearby wireless network that is open but requires authentication through a web portal. My Playbook often disconnects my home wireless network to try to connect to the open network. This is very frustrating because I lose my internet connection. Is there any way I can make my Playbook never connect to this network/hide it so it does not recognize it?
    03-22-12 02:26 PM
    If you go into WIFI settings and change to Saved Networks in the pulldown, they should be listed in order of priority. Touch and hold the one you would prefer to connect to and when you see it kinda shadow, move it up to the top of the list. The PB should try to connect based on the order of the networks there.

If you never want it to connect to that network, touch the entry for that network under Saved Networks and move the Enable Profile slider to OFF.
    03-22-12 02:42 PM
    If you go into WIFI settings and change to Saved Networks in the pulldown, they should be listed in order of priority. Touch and hold the one you would prefer to connect to and when you see it kinda shadow, move it up to the top of the list. The PB should try to connect based on the order of the networks there.

If you never want it to connect to that network, touch the entry for that network under Saved Networks and move the Enable Profile slider to OFF.
    Thanks - I've used this to try and stop the PB from connecting to my home 2.4Ghz network and only use the 5Gzh one - even though I deleted the 2.4Ghz profile a dozen times, it kept reapplying it, presumably via the bridge (my 9700 needs that profile).

..which I guess is my point. If I delete the setting, it shouldn't reappear. I'm not particularly keen on not having the choice of whether the PB goes snooping through my phone for wifi settings, although I admit I can't see any major harm.
    03-22-12 04:44 PM
    You might have delete the wifi from both your BB and the PB. When you bridge you will re-populate the playbook with what saved on the BB.
    03-22-12 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD