Twice in the past week I have gone back to my playbook after leaving it for a few hours to find it dead. Fortunately it has not required any stack charging but I think it is strange to see it go from 90% to zip so fast with very little open in the background. Generally the only things open are maybe the file manager and Docs to Go.

When it happens Battery Guru shows average but constant draw.

I had the multitasking set to default but have changed that to paused to see if that helps.

The OS is up to date at 1088 on my wifi 64g. My pd is in an otter case so the screen is protected from being touched when not in use.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Last edited by Ned_Flanders; 11-16-12 at 12:57 PM.
    11-16-12 10:45 AM
    Do you run any android apps, whether from appworld or sideloaded? Some may not "end" when you close them. How about Native Email, someone mentioned that it may STILL be a hotmail issue or a new hotmail issue.

Reboot using one of the following:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    11-16-12 11:13 AM
    One of my coworkers who also has a playbook mentioned that there is a bug that is triggered if you ever let your battery drain completely to zero. You need to call blackberry to have this "bug" fixed. He had the same issue because he drained it all the way to zero then it would never hold a charge for very long after that... it would be full then in less than 20 mins it would be empty again.
    11-16-12 11:16 AM
    Twice in the past week I have gone back to my playbook after leaving it for a few hours to find it dead. Fortunately it has not required any stack charging but I think it is strange to see it go from 90% to zip so fast with very little open in the background. Generally the only things open are maybe the file manager and Docs to Go.

When it happens Batter Guru shows average but constant draw.

I had the multitasking set to default but have changed that to paused to see if that helps.

The OS is up to date at 1088 on my wifi 64g. My pd is in an otter case so the sooner dean is protected from being touched when not in use.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    My wife routinely leaves apps and the browser open in standby. PB set to showcase. There is one game(I don't recall the name) that draws a lot of power in standby. Also the browser left open on you tube, even with no video playing, does the same thing. I don't know why this happens but I'm sure there are other apps that keep sucking power in standby.
    I would try to reboot as F2 mentioned and if it doesn't fix it go to paused. One of those should work.
    11-16-12 11:33 AM
    Do you run any android apps, whether from appworld or sideloaded? Some may not "end" when you close them. How about Native Email, someone mentioned that it may STILL be a hotmail issue or a new hotmail issue.

Reboot using one of the following:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Thanks for the reply,

I am fairly sure I have not opened any Android apps since the last reboot. I don't have many I run and none of them are used in a work day. So far today it is working as usual so I will wait and see what happens when I leave it alone to head home.

If it misbehaves later I will try a hardware reset using the 3 finger salute. I am also going to see what is on the Battery Guru log I saved yesterday.

Thanks,
    11-16-12 01:05 PM
    I have found that is I use an app with GPS I can get a real quick battery drain. I have done the restart, and I have also sometimes turn off the wifi and waited about 2 min, seems to work.
    11-16-12 02:53 PM