So I decided that I needed to do a security wipe to fix a small issue I ran into using the 2.0 Beta. After the security wipe I had nothing but the native browser. I figured this was because 2.0 installs on top of whatever the prior OS was.

Im trying to downgrade so that I can reinstall 2.0 again. However, I started the process without realizing I'm on possibly the worlds slowest internet connection.

This is what I currently have on my screen:

Since it is at the download stage I would assume it is OK to disconnect my Playbook but I wanted a second opinion first.

What say you?

Thanks!
    10-24-11 12:24 PM
    Well, I puled the plug on it and it loaded back to 2.0 with no issues.

I still have no icons but am trying another security wipe now.

If I dont get the icons back I will downgrade when I get home.
    10-24-11 12:49 PM
    I did the security wipe (because I had previously been running the Android app) and then lost App World. I then downgraded to 1.7 and got everything back to normal. I still have to get back on to 2.0 though.
    10-24-11 01:36 PM
    Pulling the plug on the download or extracting phase won't do anything. However, it's hard to tell when exactly it will switch from "Extracing" to "Installing", so that's a little risky...

But usually it's hard to actually brick the device (impossible to recover) even when you unplug during the install, though I don't recommend doing so.
    10-24-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD