Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry PlayBook

Unlock for BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE - from Amazon to Bell or TELUS?

Asked: Jun 04 2015 | 3:20 am EDT 2366 Views 4 Answers View Best Answer

I ordered a Playbook from Amazon and have tried both a Bell and Telus SIM card in it and get message MM#6 - this phone has been blocked and cannot be used on the network. I have called support at both Bell and TELUS - they both say they no longer support playbooks and that I have to buy an unlock code. I have tried a few and they all ask for the 15 digit IMEI - but the PlayBook only has a 12 digit serial number. What am i doing wrong? Anyone out there had a similar problem or do I have to security Wipe it first then put the SIM card in?

Best Answer

More Answers

Jun 05 2015 | 3:45 pm EDT BoneMatrix

I experienced the same issue but with a different carrier (UK). The problem for me was that I had tried to use a smartphone SIM when what I needed was a data only SIM. Once that was installed & correct APN details entered all has been fine, excellent in fact.

BTW, I find the1.5GHz 4G/LTE PB is noticably snappier and smoother than my other 1GHz PB.

Jun 09 2015 | 7:51 am EDT themightyshark

Hi,can I ask where you picked up your lte model. Was it a uk retailer
Thanks

Posted via CB10

Jun 10 2015 | 4:33 pm EDT BoneMatrix

eBay in Australia ...

It's got an AT&T logo on the back so I suspect the seller got them as clearing stock from someone/where Nth America...