Hi
    I have owned a Playbook for several years. Recently I changed my router from a TP-Link W8960N to a Trendnet TEW-810DR.

All of a sudden I am experiencing constant "unknown network errors" when using the browser. Maybe 1 out of 10 page loads show this error. I googled it and found a lot of reports of this problem, but in the several years I owned the playbook, I never experienced it. It is only since changing my router.

However there is nothing 'wrong' with my new router, technically it should be better than my previous one, and with a more up-to-date firmware. There is no problem with other wireless clients.

Does anybody have any idea what might cause this? There are lots of different wireless settings for my router - security type, preamble length, key renewal interval etc. I guess it has to be related to one of those but it will take me a long time to try them all one-by-one.

Has anybody experienced and solved this problem before? Thanks
    03-27-14 07:44 AM
    Do any of the devices on your wireless network require wireless g, or are you all n? Perhaps you can set the router on performance mode (or for N only).
    03-27-14 08:52 AM
    On the 2.4GHz band, my old router was set to b/g/n and my new router is set to b/g/n also. Same mode so I don't think this is the problem. Unfortunately I can't set it to n only on this band due to legacy devices.

However the new router has a 5GHz radio which is set to 802.11n only. My old router did not operate on 5GHz.

I have tried the playbook on both freqeuncy bands, 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The problem persists on both. I am pretty sure the 'basic' settings (mode, security type etc) are the same on my new router. So I guess it is some more obscure setting. I will go through the settings methodically and see if I can narrow it down.
    03-27-14 10:02 AM
    Hi
    I have owned a Playbook for several years. Recently I changed my router from a TP-Link W8960N to a Trendnet TEW-810DR.

All of a sudden I am experiencing constant "unknown network errors" when using the browser. Maybe 1 out of 10 page loads show this error. I googled it and found a lot of reports of this problem, but in the several years I owned the playbook, I never experienced it. It is only since changing my router.

However there is nothing 'wrong' with my new router, technically it should be better than my previous one, and with a more up-to-date firmware. There is no problem with other wireless clients.

Does anybody have any idea what might cause this? There are lots of different wireless settings for my router - security type, preamble length, key renewal interval etc. I guess it has to be related to one of those but it will take me a long time to try them all one-by-one.

Has anybody experienced and solved this problem before? Thanks
    Hi, I don't know if you have tried it but delete the existing wifi connection on your pb to your router and set it up again. Also check the security settings on your router.
    03-27-14 11:35 AM