So I've not had my PB for a week yet and I'm already considering selling it. I own a ipad2, Bold, and a Galaxy Note. Yes I'm a tech hoarder! But anyway the PB is nice. I have been using it to bbm via the bridge and download YouTube videos. That's about it. Haven't used it as a ereader or anything. I gues if I could get my android apps on it is like it more. Sell or keep?
    10-11-12 10:39 AM
    Only you can make that decision.
    PlayBook works well for what I need it for, but that doesn't mean its for everyone.
    10-11-12 10:49 AM
    So I've not had my PB for a week yet and I'm already considering selling it. I own a ipad2, Bold, and a Galaxy Note. Yes I'm a tech hoarder! But anyway the PB is nice. I have been using it to bbm via the bridge and download YouTube videos. That's about it. Haven't used it as a ereader or anything. I gues if I could get my android apps on it is like it more. Sell or keep?
    Why did you buy the PlayBook? That isn't meant to be sarcastic or rude, but did you buy it for a specific purpose, or because it was tech and an impulse buy? Is it that you haven't used it because it doesn't work for what you want to do, or you just don't know what you would like to do with it?

I only have the PlayBook, so I use it a lot from using Word/Excel, internet, notes, time killing free games, Zinio mags, etc. I personally don't like Android apps, and the Android OS, so the PlayBook beats the Android tablets right there for me (personal opinion). I also like QNX more than iOS, so the PlayBook is the way to go for me.

There is also BB10 coming out and that looks unbelievable to me, a total game changer.

As SCrid2000 said, it is your decision.
    10-11-12 11:52 AM
    Why did you buy the PlayBook? That isn't meant to be sarcastic or rude, but did you buy it for a specific purpose, or because it was tech and an impulse buy? Is it that you haven't used it because it doesn't work for what you want to do, or you just don't know what you would like to do with it?

I only have the PlayBook, so I use it a lot from using Word/Excel, internet, notes, time killing free games, Zinio mags, etc. I personally don't like Android apps, and the Android OS, so the PlayBook beats the Android tablets right there for me (personal opinion). I also like QNX more than iOS, so the PlayBook is the way to go for me.

There is also BB10 coming out and that looks unbelievable to me, a total game changer.

As SCrid2000 said, it is your decision.
    I bought it sort of on an impulse but also to see how it pairs with my 9900. I guess I haven't given it a full run yet and I'm trying to compare it to the iPad. I do like the portability of the PB.
    10-11-12 12:20 PM
    I'm keeping mine, hopefully it improves once BB10 is released. I thought about selling it; I change my mind once I saw how cheap they were going for (didn't want to take a large loss). Mines will sit in my drawer until BB10 is released.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-11-12 01:02 PM
    You will never appreciate it when you have that many devices!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jweihrauch likes this.
    10-11-12 01:05 PM
    Hello my BlackBerry pal. Here's how I see it. I have the iPhone 4S/New iPad (Work) and my BlackBerry Bold 9900/PlayBook 32 GB (Personal). I enjoy games on the iOS devices and I know they run much smoother on the A5X chip the iPad runs. However, when it comes to getting things done, accomplished, on time and efficiently, I reach for the personal devices (PlayBook/Bold). We can't talk you into keeping the devices. I've followed your story from picking up the Bold device on Craigslist and then compulsively buying the PlayBook. There was a reason you put down that massive Note device...it didn't fit YOU. The Bold is a fantastic device. Keep the PlayBook for BB10. That's my two cents. Enjoy bro!

Use my PIN to BBM me if you have other questions.
    10-11-12 01:08 PM
    The apps are lacking, but are getting better for the PlayBook. If you can afford holding onto the PlayBook, you may want to for BB10. There is suppose to be a large support of the bigger known apps, and if you happened to see some of the articles for BB10 here, it looks amazing on the phones (it should look even better on the PlayBook).

I say give it a full run through, read some books and magazines on it, play some games, check out some apps, check out Docs2Go, etc. Also, use it out on the road without the iPad to see if you need the portability or the apps more. If you are not 100% on it, but want to take a bit of a risk, hold onto it for BB10. If you hate it, return it. If you are like me and money is tight, return it if you are not 100% on it.

That is my opinion at least. The reason why I like the PlayBook so much is that I think the hardware is more than sound, the OS is more than sound, and the company is moving in the right direction, so it is only up from here. RIM is also the underdog which means they will be sprinting while Apple is relaxing (much like when BB was the #1 smartphone and they relaxed, just to become #3)... innovation will be in abundance with BB10!

Right now, the PlayBook has what I need and what I use, so for both the present and the future, it is a win for me.
    10-11-12 01:16 PM
    I hate these types of posts because it really is a no brainer to keep the PB. I'm thinking you are not fully aware of the gesture-based swipes and bezel functions. That alone puts PB in a class by itself. I hear with the iPad you have to use multiple fingers or that "back" button. Portability, Flash (desktop web browsing), HDMI out, OS stability (yes, I've played with a iPad at an auto dealership and had numerous force closes, PB has never had any), multitasking, BB bridge. Use it and you'll find yourself reaching for it first. I do. But if you need Netflix and Skype, sell it.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    10-11-12 01:46 PM
    Mark1974: Hope you keep it so you can continue to post your experiences on this forum. If you have worked out the problems discussed on other threads, why would you want to part with it. There will be more adventures down the yellow brick road in the land of RIM. Yes I still have mine but also HPTP and the N7.

BTW what Android apps are you wanting? There are plenty in the BB app stores and multiple threads in this forum on sideloading to get others on the PB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-11-12 01:52 PM
    With all the other devices, why do you need it - oh ya, it wasn't really a need.
    10-11-12 01:58 PM
    What would you get if you were to sell it? I got the 32gb for $118 new recently so I can't see a used one fetching much at all.
    10-11-12 02:31 PM
    It took me way more than a week to fully appreciate my PB. Don't part with it until you're travelled a bit with it.

Sideloading Kindle was my gateway app for fully appreciating my PB. Reading on it encouraged me to spend more time with it. Carrying it on trips with me led me to realize how truly handy Bridge is and how nice and portable the PB is. I don't bring computers with me anymore. The hotels I stay in usually charge for wifi so bridge wins big again for me there.

In the beginning I almost had to force myself to find uses for it. Now I go nowhere without it.
    10-11-12 02:45 PM
    10-11-12 02:47 PM
    Friend you need to evaluate things before dumping them. The PlayBook is a good device.
    10-11-12 02:54 PM
    Ok thanks for the input. I guess i havent given it a fair shake. I need to read up more on the bells and whistles. Im not that big into Skype and no time netfilx being a teacher at school all day. The HDMI out intrigues me showing my players some motivation youtube videos.

10-11-12 02:56 PM
    The HDMI out is one of my favorite things. I record a lot of stuff on my computer, move it to my PB and it is my playback device of choice.
    10-11-12 03:07 PM
    Mark1974: Hope you keep it so you can continue to post your experiences on this forum. If you have worked out the problems discussed on other threads, why would you want to part with it. There will be more adventures down the yellow brick road in the land of RIM. Yes I still have mine but also HPTP and the N7.

BTW what Android apps are you wanting? There are plenty in the BB app stores and multiple threads in this forum on sideloading to get others on the PB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. My most used Android apps are Kindle reader, USA Today ESPN score center, Google Earth and Google Maps

10-11-12 03:17 PM
    Everyone is different so what fits one person is totally wrong for someone else. I'm the only Playbook user in my circle of friends and family but that's ok with me. The Playbook does everything I need and I wouldn't trade it for an iPad if you paid me. Love the UI - it works for me. I'd give it a whirl before making a decision. It really is a great device.
    10-11-12 04:19 PM
    I say if you don't enjoy it or use it much you should sell it to someone that will.
    10-11-12 04:24 PM
    Going to keep my Playbook. First I didn't give it a real chance. Second after posting it on CL I was getting emails offering $75 for it. I'd rather keep it then take a $100 hit. I bought an HDMI cable and like using my Bold as a wireless remote. Wish the TVs at my school were HDMI capable. I can lots of uses for teaching my lessons.
    10-14-12 09:56 AM
    if you use playbook keep it. if it is going to collect dust sell it for somebody else to enjoy it.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    10-14-12 10:03 AM
    if you use playbook keep it. if it is going to collect dust sell it for somebody else to enjoy it.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    Going to keep it. BB10 looks interesting.
    10-14-12 10:06 AM
    If you have to ask.....

why did you buy it in the first place?
    10-14-12 10:52 AM
    If you have to ask.....

why did you buy it in the first place?
    Well I have been a bb fan all the way back to the Blueberrys 7xxx series. Ive been on and off a Berry since then. I picked up a Bold 9900 and have seen how it pairs via Bridge with a PB. i decided to try it. The local Office Depot had 16gb PB on sale and I decided to go grab one as they only had 3 in stock. I got it home played around with it and decided it wasnt like my ipad2. Well that wasnt fair on my part. They are two different OS systems. After a few days and reading posts I decide to keep it and give it a chance

10-14-12 11:07 AM
31 12