Hi,

I use my PlayBook a lot for work, and my desktop Inbox is set up with folders for each of the clients/files I am working on. I have a large number of folders (I really need to clen them up). Anyway, until very recently if I tried to view one of those folders or file an email in them I could see all of them. In the last week, I now can not see them all or file in them all. When the window pops up to scroll through the folders I get a message that the folders have been truncated and I should try collapsing some folders in the list.

Any ideas why this would now be happening?

It seems like a memory availability issue, but the About section says that I have 445MB of internal memory free. I did recently download a couple of 500MB games, but I still have 5gb of free storage.

If it is a memory allocation issue, is there any way that it can be re-allocated?
    01-31-12 12:26 PM
    Is this a BES mail system or other? I have an IMAP email account and via the bridge (or on the phone) that won't let me see folders at all. In my experience, BB email is pretty poor if you are not on BES. That's what made me give up my BB for Android despite a fair bit of perseverence.

I'm really hoping that OS 2 will provide a decent IMAP email client and Exchange sync - both for a standalone Playbook.
    01-31-12 01:17 PM
    I am not familiar with multiple folders in bridged email. I assume you are on a BES service to your office email system. From the sounds of the error, you may just have too many folders in the list. Typically this list would be a scrollable array with the list of folders and sub folders and you may have reached the limit of the size of the array which the programmers created. In other words, if the array is predefined to a max 255 items and your folder and sub folders add up to more than that, it can not fit them all in the array. Collapsing some of the folders so it only has the main folders showing and then loading again may get you the full list of main and then only open to the sub folders you need.
    01-31-12 01:19 PM
    I am not familiar with multiple folders in bridged email. I assume you are on a BES service to your office email system. From the sounds of the error, you may just have too many folders in the list. Typically this list would be a scrollable array with the list of folders and sub folders and you may have reached the limit of the size of the array which the programmers created. In other words, if the array is predefined to a max 255 items and your folder and sub folders add up to more than that, it can not fit them all in the array. Collapsing some of the folders so it only has the main folders showing and then loading again may get you the full list of main and then only open to the sub folders you need.
    Thanks.

Yes I am on BES. The multiple folders is sub-folders within my work In-Box. I did add another couple of sub-folders recently so maybe I took it over the array limit. I'll clean it up and see if that fixes it.
    01-31-12 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD