Hi
    Over a year ago, I bought a Playbook and created a BB ID. I bought a number of applications on Blackberry World.
    Just 3 days ago, I bought a Z10 and registered BBM on it using the same BB ID and password that I used on my Playbook. There didn't seem to be any problem.

I changed the Blackberry ID on the Z10 (I changed the BBM ID and password) to create new ones for my parents.
    Then I used my original Blackberry ID and password to register BBM on the Z30. Everything seemed fine. The Z30 registered with my Blackberry ID was able to communicate perfectly with my parent's Z10 BBM.

The problem then appeared with my Playbook. When I turned it on, a message appeared asking me to sign in with my Blackberry ID Username and the Blackberry ID Password. When I entered my original Playbook password, it is rejected.

I have no idea what to do now. I don't want to lose any of the data on the Playbook, nor do I want to lose access to the apps I purchased on Blackberry World. I'm most concerned about my data.

How can I resolve this? Should I security wipe my Z30 and re-register it with a new password and account?
    Is there another solution?

I really hope someone can help with this! Much appreciated!
    01-17-14 09:31 PM
    I have 4 different BlackBerry devices and created id's for each one (different) so they can all video chat seamlessly. I am not an expert but maybe this is what you should be doing

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    01-17-14 09:56 PM
    Hi
    Over a year ago, I bought a Playbook and created a BB ID. I bought a number of applications on Blackberry World.
    Just 3 days ago, I bought a Z10 and registered BBM on it using the same BB ID and password that I used on my Playbook. There didn't seem to be any problem.

I changed the Blackberry ID on the Z10 (I changed the BBM ID and password) to create new ones for my parents.
    Then I used my original Blackberry ID and password to register BBM on the Z30. Everything seemed fine. The Z30 registered with my Blackberry ID was able to communicate perfectly with my parent's Z10 BBM.

The problem then appeared with my Playbook. When I turned it on, a message appeared asking me to sign in with my Blackberry ID Username and the Blackberry ID Password. When I entered my original Playbook password, it is rejected.

I have no idea what to do now. I don't want to lose any of the data on the Playbook, nor do I want to lose access to the apps I purchased on Blackberry World. I'm most concerned about my data.

How can I resolve this? Should I security wipe my Z30 and re-register it with a new password and account?
    Is there another solution?

I really hope someone can help with this! Much appreciated!
    Maybe this will help.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

There is a user guide.

BlackBerry ID User Guide -- 3 **
    Contents About BlackBerry ID 4 Benefits of your BlackBerry ID 4 How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password? 5 Creating a new BlackBerry ID 6 Can I use my BlackBerry ID on multiple devices? 6 Tips for...

ID: en28432BlackBerry_ID-User_Guide--1590032-0505111340-001-US**|** Published: 2/20/13**|**
    01-17-14 10:45 PM
    Thanks for the replies!
    After reading the user guide, I'm still unsure of how to proceed.
    I need to restore my Playbook to the original Blackberry ID and password so I can gain access to it.
    I can wipe the Z30 if needed and begin again using a new Blackberry ID and new password, but I can not afford to lose the data on my Playbook.

This is what happened.
    1. Playbook: Originally set up with Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password #1"
    2. Blackberry Z30 was also set up with the same Blackberry ID "AAA" but a different password "Password #2)
    3. This resulted in the Playbook being un-accessable. I can't sync to it to get my data off.
    4. I guessed if I went online and changed the original Blackberry ID "AAA" back to password "Password #1", everything would be OK and I'd gain access to the Playbook, but lose access to the Z30

This did not work. The Playbook still reports "You cannot change users on this Playbook. Please login with the original BBID used on this Playbook".

What on earth can I do now?

I'll experiment and see. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by coolrat33; 01-18-14 at 12:23 AM.
    01-17-14 11:56 PM
    If you didn't security wipe the Z10 to change the BlackBerryID, all you did was change the email and password associated with your own BlackBerryID, not actually change the ID. Use the BlackBerryID and Password you setup on the Z10 to log into the Playbook if you made this mistake, as the new email address and password would have been pushed to your PlayBook.

When you setup the Z30 did it ask you to create a new BlackBerryID? Can you see all your apps that you had bought Z10 on the new Z30?

It gets pretty complicated, but if you just changed the email and password on the Z10, rather than doing a security wipe, when you went to use your old email to setup the Z30, it would no longer be associated any BlackBerryID and would allow you to setup a new BlackBerryID with your old email on the Z30.

Anyway, the bottom line is if you didn't do a security wipe on the Z10, the BlackBerryID was not changed, just the email associated with it and your PlayBook is now associated to the email and password on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-18-14 at 07:59 AM.
    01-18-14 07:20 AM
    2. Blackberry Z30 was also set up with the same Blackberry ID "AAA" but a different password "Password #2".
    Did you change the password for your original Blackberry ID ("AAA") when doing the setup on the Z30?

If I understood it correctly and this is the case, I believe you should use this new Blackberry ID password on the PlayBook ("Password #2") when you will be asked for your Blackberry ID Username ("AAA") and the Blackberry ID Password.

--------------------

Pic Tagger for BB10 and PlayBook
    01-18-14 07:30 AM
    Both of you were totally right to varying degrees! Thanks so much!

When I set up the Z10, I didn't do a security wipe. I just changed the email and password which was then pushed over to the Playbook as well. When I entered the Z10 Blackberry User ID and Password, I was able to access the Playbook again and can get all of my data off of it and properly backed up.

From what I can tell, my Playbook and Z30 cannot be registered to the same Blackberry ID (my main gmail address). I will have to keep them separate. It seems that I switched email accounts and passwords twice on the Z10 and this messed things up. In order to avoid any possible confusion among devices, I think I should probably:

1. Restore the Playbook to the original Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password #1"
    2. security-wipe the Z10, begin again with a fresh ID and password
    3. security-wipe the Z30, begin again with a fresh ID and password

Any advice on how I can safely get my Playbook back to its original Blackberry ID and password?
    01-18-14 11:55 AM
    At this point are you able to access the PlayBook and if so, on what credentials?

--------------------

Pic Tagger for BB10 and PlayBook
    01-18-14 12:02 PM
    Did the problem start when you tried to use the same email address for your phone and the PB but a different password? If you had used the same password for both it might have worked. You should have the Toolkit on your phone. And here is the KB reference for changing password.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    01-18-14 12:09 PM
    I think you need to start by changing the email of the Z10 back to what it was originally. This will automatically push to the PlayBook. Once you confirm this, you then can security wipe the Z10 and then have your parents setup a new BlackBerryID and use that on the Z10.

You may hit a problem setting the Z10 back to the old email if you registered the BlackBerryID on the Z30 with this old email. An email cannot be on two BlackBerryID at the same time and it will give you an error to that effect. If you have that problem, you will need to find a third email and use the edit email option in the Z30 BlackBerryID options screen to set the Z30 to a new email so the Z10 and Playbook can get back to their old email.

Once you get the Playbook back to its old email, you can use that same BlackBerryID on the Z30, but as you have learned, you can only change the BlackBerryID on a device by security wiping it.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:37 PM
    Thanks very much everyone.
    I'm transferring data off my Playbook and once that's done, I'll try the fix that robsteve suggested.

And jpash549, yes the problem started when I tried to use the same email address for your phone and the PB but a different password. It was working before that and I had used the Playbook to make video chat calls to the Z10. I will check out this "Toolkit" app and see what it does.

I'll post again to report on my success or failures.
    01-18-14 11:48 PM
    Keep in mind that if you get the data off the Playbook by doing a backup, that backup will only restore to a Playbook on the same BlackBerryID as was on the Playbook when the backup was made.

Typically these problem regarding BlackBerryID are related to people trying to give a phone or Playbook away and thinking the new owner can keep the apps on it and just have to change the BlackBerryID by using the edit BlackBerryID email option. The apps are linked to the BlackBerryID, so to change a BlackBerryID, you need to do a security wipe, which erases all the personal information, plus any downloaded apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 06:01 AM
    I'm preparing to make my "corrections" and just want to go over this once again. I finally seem to have figured out the order of events.

1. Playbook: Originally set up with Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password AAA"
    2. Blackberry Z10 was also set up with the same Blackberry ID "AAA" but a different password "Password BBB")
    3. This resulted in the Playbook being un-accessable. I could not log in.
    4. I found I that if I entered the new "ID AAA" and "Password BBB" on the Playbook, I was able to gain access to it again.
    5. Unfortunately, I also set up my new Z30 with the Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password AAA".

My proposed solution based on my readings:

1. Change the Z10 back to the original Blackberry original Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password AAA". As this change will push the original Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password AAA" onto the Playbook.

2. Security wipe the Z10 and use my parents email and password to re-register the Z10. Thus they will have a Blackberry ID "CCC" and password "Password CCC".

3. I assume or guess that the security wipe of the Z10 will NOT affect the Playbook which should be properly set up with the original Blackberry ID "AAA" and password "Password AAA". Is this correct? I do not want to lose access to the Playbook data or the apps I have purchased.

4. I will security wipe the Z30 and start again with a Blackberry ID "DDD" and password "Password DDD".

Hope this works!
    01-23-14 01:50 PM
    That should work.
    01-23-14 05:40 PM