I visited the BBC iPlayer site on my Playbook today and got into the site OK. But I could not leave it - no close button and swiping did not work. Have I missed something?
    01-27-12 06:02 AM
    works ok for me. are you using beta o.s
    01-27-12 09:11 AM
    I went to the BBC iplayer website, opened it fine, and closed it fine. No problem.
    01-27-12 11:53 AM
    OK when I log onto iplayer on my pc, it brings up a black screen with the iplayer screen in the centre of this. There is an x option to close the screen on the top right as usual and another on the tab on the top left.

Neither of these options is visible on the iplayer on my Playbook. The iplayer main panel fills the screen. Do I need to resize it in some way? Also I cannot get the > option to work in iplayer either.
    01-27-12 12:22 PM
    Its the mobile site thats used on the playbook. Swipe down from the top to exit full screen video and swipe up from the bottom to exit the browser.
    01-27-12 01:58 PM
    When I was showing some youtube videos on my PB to friends the other day, one of them commented about why we need to see the message "Drag the top frame down to exit full screen" every time you doubletap to commence fullscreen mode.

I guess this thread shows why!!!

But am I the only one who finds this oft repeated message to be a little obscurely worded? Where is this "top frame" and how do I "drag it down"?

Wouldn't it be more comprehensible if it were reworded to say it a little more simply and more in line with how people speak?... such as:

"To exit fullscreen, just swipe down from the top bezel"

Where is this "top frame" and how do I "drag it down"?
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 01-27-12 at 03:57 PM. Reason: slight rephrasing
    01-27-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD