This is my very first thread and It seems as if I have gotten a never ending problem with my playbook. When ever I plug in my wall charger a notification saying unable to charge battery with connected source. I have read many threads trying to find a solution but none have helped It Use to charge somewhat slowly when the error came but now it wont charge at all some help will be appreciated very much.

My OS is 2.1.0.1088
    11-10-12 09:59 AM
    Are you using the charger that came with the Playbook when it was purchased new?
    11-10-12 10:02 AM
    Try a different socket on a different electrical circuit (fuse or circuit breaker).

It might be that the adapter is not working properly. As asked above, are you using the one that came with the pb? Do you have any other micro-usb adapters - you can try them as a test although they generally don't provide sufficient power.

How old is the pb and charger?

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    11-10-12 10:41 AM
    Are plugged into an outlet or extension cord.
    11-10-12 04:01 PM
    This is my very first thread and It seems as if I have gotten a never ending problem with my playbook. When ever I plug in my wall charger a notification saying unable to charge battery with connected source. I have read many threads trying to find a solution but none have helped It Use to charge somewhat slowly when the error came but now it wont charge at all some help will be appreciated very much
    You are either not using the correct charger or the charger is bad. The PB requires a 1.8Amp (1,800mA) charger as a minimum. Newer PBs are being shipped with a 2Amp charger. Get another micro USB charger and make sure the output power is at least 1.8A. I've tried the cradle charger and found it to be inconsistent and my rapid charger actually discharges my battery (rapidly). Good luck
    11-10-12 06:28 PM
    What is your source- voltage, frequency - at the point you plugged in the charger?
    11-10-12 08:28 PM
    I am Faisal Nadeem I just logged in with FB and it gave me a new account.
    Im using the charger that it came with and Im not sure how old it is because it is my Fathers playbook and he left with my little sisters to play with while he was gone on vacation. One thing I have noted that may be helpful for you guys is that when it was plugged in it was 0% battery and it stayed there until the charger was unplugged.
    11-11-12 02:09 PM
    I was using the Idapt 4 charger when one of my Playbook was down to 20% battery. I believe that's the reason why my Playbook was not able to turn back on. Idapt 4 is not powerful enough to charge Playbook. Invest in one of those Rapid charger that's on sale on this site. Save a lot of headaches.
    11-11-12 02:16 PM
    Make sure you have not plugged into the USB port upside down.
    11-11-12 02:18 PM
    I have had this issue as well. As long as I use my original PB charger i have no issue. With my 9930 and the adapter to the micro usb I'm ok. My micro usb car charger does not support my PB.
    11-11-12 02:42 PM
    Can you read the specifications on the charger? They are usually in tiny print and it would have the values that are input and output.

As someone suggested, check that the cable is correct side up. The pb's port is a bit rectangular and sometimes a micro-usb charger plug can fit in upsidedown (wrong way) and bend the small connector (contacts) inside the port. That board inside should be level and not slanted or bent.
    11-11-12 03:34 PM
    Im using the charger that it came with and I currently dont have the box. Since it was 0% it was drained completely and I left it to charge at night and I saw a very strange pattern: 4-5 seconds red light 1-2 seconds blank 1-3 seconds charging screen 1-2 seconds blank repeat. I left it to do this all night and when i woke up it was still this but the charging screen wasn't coming up so I left it there and right now about 9 hours later its 2-4 seconds red light 1-2 seconds blank. Im feeling there is some problem with the battery or charger.
    11-13-12 07:56 PM
    Try the stack charging again.
    11-13-12 08:55 PM
    I have found a solution to my problem I gave my PlayBook a security wipe because I thought it may have been a problem with the os and when it came to the point you need to update it wouldn't go above 0% so I just left it there about for two days and when I checked one night it started updating when I got it out of standby and when it stopped it was at 91% i still get the error unable to charge battery with connected source if the playbook is on but while it is off it charges. Thanks to everyone for trying to help I find crackberry a helpful place now.
    11-18-12 12:09 PM