Anyone else experience this. I was at 100%, but saw this when I woke up.
    Attachment 93273
    09-11-11 06:40 AM
    Did you left it on Charge overnight?
    09-11-11 06:43 AM
    Never experienced it myself.
    Perhaps the PB was overheat? So to protect it, it won't charge.
    Or the charging port become loose?
    Hope others can help you with this.
    09-11-11 06:43 AM
    I did leave it on, which I usually do to use the alarm, but this has never happened.

I used it, and tried charging again with no problem.

Hopefully a one-off.
    09-11-11 07:18 AM
    Oh, so this was being charged on or at your normal charging station/area? Were you charging on usb or an ac adapter?

My 9650/Bold has shot me that message inside a car or two. I figured the cigarette lighter type socket does not meet its power demands.
    09-11-11 09:24 AM
    I've seen that before when I tried using this:Amazon.com: BlackBerry PlayBook AA battery Powered Emergency Cell Phone Travel Charger / Re-Charger in high grade Brushed Aluminum housing! Tablet: Electronics. Funny thing is this actually use to work, now since a few updates ago, I get the cannot charge with connected source notification.
    09-11-11 09:32 AM
    I had that notification once, about 2 weeks ago. We were out camping in our motorhome, in a campground with no electricity at the campsite. I needed to make coffee and use the microwave so I put on the generator... then figured, as long as the generator was on, I might as well top up the battery on my PB. I plugged it in and left it sit there. Later, when I went back to unplug it, I noticed the error message "Unable to charge battery with connected source". I simply assumed the generator wasn't producing the correct type of AC needed by the device. Fortunately, the PB battery lasted until I was able to get home and recharge it.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-11-11 11:05 AM
    Just had a thought. I was charging ac, but I had the air conditioner running on the same powerbar. Maybe some kind of power drain?
    09-11-11 11:45 AM
    Just had a thought. I was charging ac, but I had the air conditioner running on the same powerbar. Maybe some kind of power drain?
    Air Conditioners take a LOT of power so it could have been that it was taking what was available and not leaving enough for the PB charger.
    09-11-11 12:19 PM
    I had the same message recently. I have several chargers, and experiment a lot, so I can't recall exactly what combination of things caused it.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that rebooting the PlayBook fixed it. I may also have been trying to charge from the laptop, in which case it could have been rebooting the laptop that fixed it.

Sorry I wasn't paying closer attention, but trying a reboot of something may help you out...
    09-11-11 06:35 PM
    I had the same message recently. I have several chargers, and experiment a lot, so I can't recall exactly what combination of things caused it.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that rebooting the PlayBook fixed it. I may also have been trying to charge from the laptop, in which case it could have been rebooting the laptop that fixed it.

Sorry I wasn't paying closer attention, but trying a reboot of something may help you out...
    Well, if he had lived in San Diego, they rebooted the entire power grid - would that work?
    09-11-11 07:04 PM
    I experienced the same problem. What I solved the problem was to connect my PB with PC, then run BDM. Error message disappeared.
    09-02-12 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD