I shot you an email.
    06-20-11 02:18 PM
    Hey guys, what is the lowest resolution with acceptable quality on Playbook? I am trying to shrink the videos so I can fit more in the PB.
    The lack of upgradable memory is killing me!
    04-20-13 11:19 PM
    That is solely a personal matter. Some folks can deal with pixelation or loss of quality and others want a really nice clear image on the pb's screen. Also, a number of folks use the hdmi cable to connect to a large screen tv and want better resolution. Some of the conversion programs are pretty fast so try a few at different resolutions and figure out what you can live with. There are also one or two wifi hard drives that can kind of act like additional storage space.
    04-21-13 12:53 AM
    That is solely a personal matter. Some folks can deal with pixelation or loss of quality and others want a really nice clear image on the pb's screen. Also, a number of folks use the hdmi cable to connect to a large screen tv and want better resolution. Some of the conversion programs are pretty fast so try a few at different resolutions and figure out what you can live with. There are also one or two wifi hard drives that can kind of act like additional storage space.
    Thanks, since my main concern is being able to stuff as many videos as possible into the PB's limited capacity, pixelation won't be an issue for me.
    I totally agree that with HDMI you want to keep it as close to original as possible to avoid seeing low res picture on a 60" display.
    I ran some tests and tried multiple versions, I will post my results here.
    04-22-13 12:17 AM
    Thanks, since my main concern is being able to stuff as many videos as possible into the PB's limited capacity, pixelation won't be an issue for me.
    I totally agree that with HDMI you want to keep it as close to original as possible to avoid seeing low res picture on a 60" display.
    I ran some tests and tried multiple versions, I will post my results here.
    Sounds good - folks might appreciate the results.

In other threads on what size pb to purchase, some folks want the largest device to hold the most media, mainly videos, and others are willing to add and delete videos more often. Again, a tradeoff.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-22-13 08:30 AM
    Sounds good - folks might appreciate the results.

In other threads on what size pb to purchase, some folks want the largest device to hold the most media, mainly videos, and others are willing to add and delete videos more often. Again, a tradeoff.
    I know but when I bought mine 32GB was not available.. And when it became available it was nearly double the cost. I wanted to get a playbook and I went with lower capacity, boy am I happy that I got my PB. It is an excellent tablet.
    04-22-13 01:26 PM
    Hi there! I have been trying to use both PavTube and Aimersoft video converters, but no matter what I do, my Blu-ray digital copies don't convert to the same quality when I play them on my playbook; has anyone else had that problem? am I doing something wrong? will I get it right with this software? Thanks
    09-16-13 07:08 PM
    I tried that, says can't copy for copyright issues. I thought you could make a backup copy of DVD's that you purchased. I tried several programs and can't get any of my DVD's on the computer.
    Try dvd43 free......

C
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-16-13 07:38 PM
    Hi there! I have been trying to use both PavTube and Aimersoft video converters, but no matter what I do, my Blu-ray digital copies don't convert to the same quality when I play them on my playbook; has anyone else had that problem? am I doing something wrong? will I get it right with this software? Thanks
    Try remuxing instead of converting. You shouldn't lose quality and the whole process is much, much faster. Your file sizes will still be huge, though.
    09-16-13 08:19 PM
    Try dvd43 free......
    Bloody hell! DVD43 that's a blast from the past.

DVD Fab HD Decrypter is freeware and kept up to date.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-17-13 04:46 AM
    Bloody hell! DVD43 that's a blast from the past.

DVD Fab HD Decrypter is freeware and kept up to date.
    Works all the time, every time!
    And Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate: Playbook pre-set!
    c
    09-17-13 10:54 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD