Check Out Some Of The HD Results Before Trying It Out For Yourself. Please Reply If You Find This Helpful!
    Lil Wayne 6Ft. 7ft. - Download Lil Wayne ft Cory Gunz - 6 Foot 7 Foot
    30 Seconds To Mars - This Is War Download 30 Seconds To Mars - This Is War
    You can find HD Music Video Sources Here: Hd Music Videos
    I don't want to post the exactly link of the sources so as to not get the thread closed.

Hey guys, I'm going to cover a very fast, easy, yet effective method to convert awesome quality videos for your BlackBerry Playbook!
    First you will need DVDVideoSoft Converter For Android Phones. There is a preset that converts to 1024x600 resolution off the spot.
    Free Video to Android Converter: Android Video Converter
    Go to that web page to download the program, it is free of charge and very easy to use.
    I Will Highlight All Instructions In BOLD
    Download and Install shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Once installed run the program.
    This is important!
    The output size as well as the conversion time completely depends on what you decide to do. If you are looking for HD quality video choose High. If you are converting a low quality video (not an high quality source or 720/1020p resolution) choose Standard or Economy in Step 1.
    On the bottom left you should see a quality setting.
    Step 1: Quality > High

This step can't be skipped. If your videos resolution is less than 1024 and 600 please complete this step anyway, it will be cleared up later.
    Click The Drop Down Menu and Select 1024 X 600
    Step 2: Drop-Down > MPEG4 1024 X 600, 2.5 Mbps; AAC 192 Kbs, 48 kHz
    Click Here For Screen Shot

The above settings will provide very good quality. However you will sacrifice space. An average Music video will convert to 80Mb. If converting HD Tv shows or movies I suggest using Standard Quality.
    The following step will cover customization.
    Step 3: Click The Magic Wand on the Right of the Drop Down Box.
    When the box pops up, on the top right click NEW then under Description write Playbook. You can create multiple Presets for converting High/Medium/Low quality outputs for easy access at other times. When you finished with a NEW preset simply click OK.
    Here you can control your quality settings. For movies I suggest a 24 Frame rate 1.5 Bit Rate and you can always leave audio as is. The most important part is the Width and Height! If you are converting a video that is 480 x 360 make sure you change the width and height to match! If you are converting a smaller video 480 x 360 for example you can still use 1024 x 600, the program will automatically add black bars on the top and sides without stretching it.
    When converting for the Playbook I only use HD sources. However, I only convert Music Videos as I never find the time to watch tv shows and movies on it. The same rules apply though.
    You now know how to control bit rate, you know the higher the bit rate the higher the quality but also larger the file.
    You can almost always keep the frame rate as is, it wont affect the size.
    My suggestions: For DVD's Use the standard Playbook resolution provided in the program. Run about 1.5Mb bit rate with standard quality, you wont be disappointed, push it to 2-2.5 with high if you can afford the memory. Tv shows: Resolution has to depend on the file you are converting. Bit rate: Stick around 1.5 with standard. Push it to 2 - 3 with high quality for awesome quality and if you can afford the space.
    The highest bit rate is 8 and that will deliver eye stunning HD quality when accompanied with High Quality setting. You will get results similar to the Playbook Demo video, but you also have to realize that video is only 3 minutes long yet well over 200Mb.
    Conversion times vary. When converting High quality music videos it takes me about 10 minutes on a very slow PC.
    You can visit DVD Video Soft for tons of other Free programs for YouTube to Mp3, Video To Blackberry Phone, Xbox, and more.

Any questions PLEASE ask.

For downloading 1020 and 720P HD Music videos from youtube check out PlayBook Revolution: Download and save any video to BlackBerry Playbook from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe and more!

Screens below
    Last edited by FTWrath; 05-10-11 at 05:07 PM.
    05-09-11 09:48 PM
    thanks. useful link.
    05-09-11 10:30 PM
    another great tutorial man.thanks
    05-09-11 10:38 PM
    this program isn't available for macs?
    05-09-11 11:13 PM
    Thanks for the tutorial FTWrath!
    05-09-11 11:30 PM
    thanks was very usefull, handbrake protests every time you want to adjust to 1026x600.
    05-10-11 05:23 AM
    thanks for writing it step by step. I'm going to try it.
    05-10-11 06:51 AM
    Youre welcome folks.
    I dont think it is for macs, try handbreak instead.
    Ill work on the uploads in a sec.
    05-10-11 11:00 AM
    Just added two video samples, check em out. They look awesome!
    05-10-11 11:26 AM
    Another awesome tutorial, plus extra points for featuring 30 Seconds to Mars!

Thanks for all the work and help you've put in since the release of the PB
    05-10-11 11:42 AM
    Thanks man, love that band!
    Figured I'd mix it up with a rap and rock sample.
    05-10-11 12:31 PM
    thanks was very usefull, handbrake protests every time you want to adjust to 1026x600.
    I'd suggest 1024 instead of 1026 then?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-10-11 01:07 PM
    I'd suggest 1024 instead of 1026 then?
    Then you would get 400 pixel 9width wise) that would get clipped off, plus very bad stretching of the video. People would all look skinny and tall.
    05-10-11 01:48 PM
    I downloaded the whole studio. Which one do I use to copy my movie onto the computer?
    05-10-11 04:18 PM
    i tried converting 640 x 480 to 1024 x 600 it didnt stretch video. it came out with black area on both sides
    05-10-11 04:19 PM
    Awesome, I'll definitely add that bit to the tutorial, thanks for the heads up.
    JD, I really don't know, it would be under the DVD section I would imagine.
    Probably just select the dvd folder.
    05-10-11 05:05 PM
    I tried that, says can't copy for copyright issues. I thought you could make a backup copy of DVD's that you purchased. I tried several programs and can't get any of my DVD's on the computer.
    05-10-11 05:28 PM
    I know for a fact that Handbreak.fr will work. I've copied a few using it.
    05-10-11 06:03 PM
    I tried that, says can't copy for copyright issues. I thought you could make a backup copy of DVD's that you purchased. I tried several programs and can't get any of my DVD's on the computer.
    Use DVD Decrypter to get that off the DVD. It'll save all the files onto your computer and then use DVDVideoSoft to encode it. I hear that AnyDVD takes off the block on the DVD itself.
    05-10-11 07:45 PM
    Do you think we can sticky this so we don't have to hunt around for the info!? Thanks for sharing!! Wish I had known sooner, I downloaded Audials DVD remover which works great, but would've like to save money and used your method! :-)
    05-10-11 08:02 PM
    handbreak is better than this one. thanks for sharing anyway
    05-10-11 11:10 PM
    handbreak is better than this one. thanks for sharing anyway
    Wrote a handbreak one a few years ago and didnt get too positive of a response.
    Handbreak is only better due to more options (detelicine, decomb,etc) but quality wise I converted each of those vids with both and there is no difference whatsoever.
    05-11-11 12:20 AM
    Check Out Some Of The HD Results Before Trying It Out For Yourself. Please Reply If You Find This Helpful!
    Lil Wayne 6Ft. 7ft. - Download Lil Wayne ft Cory Gunz - 6 Foot 7 Foot
    30 Seconds To Mars - This Is War Download 30 Seconds To Mars - This Is War
    You can find HD Music Video Sources Here: Hd Music Videos
    I don't want to post the exactly link of the sources so as to not get the thread closed.

Hey guys, I'm going to cover a very fast, easy, yet effective method to convert awesome quality videos for your BlackBerry Playbook!
    First you will need DVDVideoSoft Converter For Android Phones. There is a preset that converts to 1024x600 resolution off the spot.
    Free Video to Android Converter: Android Video Converter
    Go to that web page to download the program, it is free of charge and very easy to use.
    I Will Highlight All Instructions In BOLD
    Download and Install shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Once installed run the program.
    This is important!

On the bottom left you should see a quality setting.
    Step 1: Quality > High

This step can't be skipped. If your videos resolution is less than 1024 and 600 please complete this step anyway, it will be cleared up later.
    Click The Drop Down Menu and Select 1024 X 600
    Step 2: Drop-Down > MPEG4 1024 X 600, 2.5 Mbps; AAC 192 Kbs, 48 kHz
    Click Here For Screen Shot

The above settings will provide very good quality. However you will sacrifice space. An average Music video will convert to 80Mb. If converting HD Tv shows or movies I suggest using Standard Quality.
    The following step will cover customization.
    Step 3: Click The Magic Wand on the Right of the Drop Down Box.
    When the box pops up, on the top right click NEW then under Description write Playbook. You can create multiple Presets for converting High/Medium/Low quality outputs for easy access at other times. When you finished with a NEW preset simply click OK.

When converting for the Playbook I only use HD sources. However, I only convert Music Videos as I never find the time to watch tv shows and movies on it. The same rules apply though.
    You now know how to control bit rate, you know the higher the bit rate the higher the quality but also larger the file.
    You can almost always keep the frame rate as is, it wont affect the size.
    My suggestions: For DVD's Use the standard Playbook resolution provided in the program. Run about 1.5Mb bit rate with standard quality, you wont be disappointed, push it to 2-2.5 with high if you can afford the memory. Tv shows: Resolution has to depend on the file you are converting. Bit rate: Stick around 1.5 with standard. Push it to 2 - 3 with high quality for awesome quality and if you can afford the space.
    The highest bit rate is 8 and that will deliver eye stunning HD quality when accompanied with High Quality setting. You will get results similar to the Playbook Demo video, but you also have to realize that video is only 3 minutes long yet well over 200Mb.
    Conversion times vary. When converting High quality music videos it takes me about 10 minutes on a very slow PC.
    You can visit DVD Video Soft for tons of other Free programs for YouTube to Mp3, Video To Blackberry Phone, Xbox, and more.

Any questions PLEASE ask.

For downloading 1020 and 720P HD Music videos from youtube check out PlayBook Revolution: Download and save any video to BlackBerry Playbook from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe and more!

Screens below
    Thanks for the info.....can't seem to get it working. I d/l'd the program, went through the settings steps, all OK.
    For us first time video converters, what is next? I tried to follow the online instructions, believe me! I put a DVD in my PC drive, and there all sorts of files (appears to be by chapter) in a "Video_TS" folder with filename extensions of ".BUP, .IFO, and .VOB". The program does not want to recognize these filenames. Is the goal to have the entire DVD movie converted into a single MP4 or WMV file, which can be copied onto the Playbook, and played??? What do I need to do???
    Help please.....CC
    06-20-11 11:15 AM
    Well you need to make sure you download their DVD encoder. This specific program isn't intended for DVD encoding. That's a whole different ball game.
    06-20-11 01:06 PM
    Well you need to make sure you download their DVD encoder. This specific program isn't intended for DVD encoding. That's a whole different ball game.
    Which one on their website do you recommend for the job???
    06-20-11 02:00 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD