Any UK members looking to buy a PlayBook could do worse than to head over to svp.co.uk where they are selling 16gb models for 74.99, 32gb for 79.99 and 64gb for 84.99. And to sweeten an already sweet deal, all models come with a free rapid charger worth up to 24.99. Definitely a bargain to be had there.
    sad_old_man and ruhban like this.
    06-01-13 11:32 AM
    Is it legitimate? The website I mean. Have you bought one from there?
    06-01-13 11:54 AM
    Ahh I thought it was too good to be true! Taken from the 64GB page:
    **Please note these are manufacturer refurbished tablets, in exellent working order and condition , may have*Very*Minor Buffs or Scuffs due to handling. Retail boxed, complete with manuals, software and cables including Blackberry Rapid Charger with 6 months warranty**Limited stock at this price**
    06-01-13 12:02 PM
    Ahh I thought it was too good to be true! Taken from the 64GB page:
    **Please note these are manufacturer refurbished tablets, in exellent working order and condition , may have*Very*Minor Buffs or Scuffs due to handling. Retail boxed, complete with manuals, software and cables including Blackberry Rapid Charger with 6 months warranty**Limited stock at this price**
    Even so, 85 for a refurbished boxed-as-new 64GB PB inc charger is an absolute steal. I paid over 500 for mine, but I'm not bitter and twisted... honest!

If it carries on like this, we'll be seeing them given away in boxes of Coco Pops!

This just has to represent the final, final stock clearances surely.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-01-13 02:02 PM
    Is it legitimate? The website I mean. Have you bought one from there?
    They're only the biggest company in the UK for blank media, computer dvd rewriters etc. You would have no problems buying from them whatsoever. As for your comment about them being "too good to be true" - when you're getting a 7" tablet, and the highest quality build tablet on the market with features far outstripping those of more "prestigious" brands, and with 64gb - that's SIXTY FOUR GIGABYTES - of usable storage space, for less than 90 refurbished or not, you are getting a stonking deal.

Now go and buy one!
    ruhban and JeepBB like this.
    06-01-13 04:57 PM
    They're only the biggest company in the UK for blank media, computer dvd rewriters etc. You would have no problems buying from them whatsoever. As for your comment about them being "too good to be true" - when you're getting a 7" tablet, and the highest quality build tablet on the market with features far outstripping those of more "prestigious" brands, and with 64gb - that's SIXTY FOUR GIGABYTES - of usable storage space, for less than 90 refurbished or not, you are getting a stonking deal.

Now go and buy one!
    LOL! I already have one! In fact I'm using my PlayBook to reply to you right now! Had mine for a over a year now I've never heard of these guys. Then again I've never needed blank media - that's a lie but CD-Rs are available from Tesco - or a DVD rewriter. Don't forget they're including the rapid charger!
    06-01-13 07:18 PM
    Even so, 85 for a refurbished boxed-as-new 64GB PB inc charger is an absolute steal. I paid over 500 for mine, but I'm not bitter and twisted... honest!

If it carries on like this, we'll be seeing them given away in boxes of Coco Pops!

This just has to represent the final, final stock clearances surely.
    Hmmm. I'm having a bit of trouble accepting that but in your case, I guess they got their of flesh!!!
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-01-13 08:53 PM

Now go and buy one!
    You have a point - almost as cheap as a usb key drive although the pb does need its battery charged so you can access that storage space.
    06-01-13 08:55 PM
    These are all the returned ones from last autumn's firesale I bet.

Basically when folks got them home and found out they didn't have Skype/Spotify/Instagram etc. etc. and took it back to the store the following weekend.
    06-02-13 06:39 AM
    You could have a point there. All the android and fanboi wannabes looking a top quality product with all the gimmicks and toys associated with them. The fact that developers made the mistake of not producing apps for it, believing it would never catch on and depriving themselves of a major userbase, does the PlayBook an injustice. What it can do on a 1ghz dual core processor and 1gb of system ram is phenomenal. That so many people may have decided to put quantity over quality just goes to show that RIM as it was at the time, did not have enough faith in its own product to market it properly, instead relying on corporations and government to adopt it due to it being part of the Blackberry range and so it would be a "serious" product.

But we all know better, those of us who own one and realise and make use of its potential.

My wife and I bought one each of these for our two daughters for Christmas and both say they wouldn't be without it. The eldests partner bought a nexus 7 and my daughter won't even look at it. And my 17 year old tells me regularly that she loves her PlayBook and uses it for everything from music, books and magazines, to a study aid for her AS's.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-02-13 09:18 AM
    A lot of refurbs are turning up around this price. I just bought mine for 89.95 (free postage) from Bentham Ltd/Morgan Computers through their eBay page. If I'd seen the SVP offer first (I used to buy quite a bit from SVP but haven't done so for years), I would have bought from them for the free rapid charger.

Mine from Morgan Computers was described as "Grade A refurbished" (they do list others as Grade B or C on their website and other listings, but there's nothing to say what the Grades mean).

Mine looked to be in tip-top condition with only the outer sleeve of the box looking worse for wear (like it had been in someone's warehouse for a while). The battery was completely drained when unpacking, but I borrowed a friend's rapid charger to get it fired up and updating itself as soon as possible.

While I'm, naturally, totally and completely gutted that I didn't get the bundled rapid charger... this price is just outstanding for a well-built tablet with 64GB and a good battery life.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-13 10:36 AM