I know I'm pretty late to the PlayBook scene, but still.. I wanted to support existing users with my RadioFeeds UK and Ireland radio player for PlayBook.
    As I don't have a PlayBook myself, please could I ask for owners to leave reports below of how well it works (that's if it does!)
    You can access the player at [www . radiofeeds . co . uk / playbook] from your PlayBook browser.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vinnielo; 08-27-14 at 06:39 AM.
    08-27-14 06:19 AM
    Whoops! Made quite a blunder. The player couldn't have been working before, but should now be. Please try again.
    08-27-14 08:19 AM
    Tried few mp3 and got could not decode or load
    08-27-14 11:13 AM
    Which stations did you try?
    08-27-14 11:20 AM
    I just tried BBC radio 4 fm and it worked fine

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
    08-27-14 02:16 PM
    Planet Rock and BBC Radio 2 sounding good to me using AAC.

Thank you for developing this.

just a few comments.
    I would like to see a bit of space around the edge of the screen.
    At the moment, text and other stuff goes right to the edge of the screen, which I do not like.

The player window is a bit small on the Playbook but the whole page is too large for the Playbook screen.

It would be good to be able to save favourite radio stations, although I realise that I could save multiple favourites in the browser.
    08-27-14 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's mostly working.
    I'll look into creating a margin around the page. As I'm quite old-skool with my HTML skills (with little regard for modern standards), what's the best way of doing this for an entire page? I'll open this up to those in the know!

Unfortunately, there's not much I can do to change the size of the player itself.

I've not gone into the whole favourites thing.. I've stayed away from cookies as much as I can, and the website doesn't handle accounts.
    How easy is the on-screen BB keyboard to use?
    Would it be of any use if I included a text search box on the player pages to help navigate to other stations?
    I can include an autosuggest box as well.
    08-27-14 03:02 PM
    Another question.. can webpages to added to the homescreen (if there is such a thing on the PB's OS)?
    If so, does a suitable icon pop up?
    08-27-14 03:03 PM
    Tried a 2nd time when I had more time. This time noticed it said "have to use a Playbook device" and realised it was an error rather than a general notice. Shifted to the standard browser rather than Origami and worked fine. Origami probably set as Nexus user agent.
    08-27-14 05:34 PM
    I would like to see a bit of space around the edge of the screen.
    At the moment, text and other stuff goes right to the edge of the screen, which I do not like.
    OK. This is now done. Turns out it wasn't as difficult to do as I thought it'd be.
    (Note: this may take 24 hours before the changes can be seen... I'm moving servers at present.)
    08-27-14 06:47 PM
    Tried a 2nd time when I had more time. This time noticed it said "have to use a Playbook device" and realised it was an error rather than a general notice. Shifted to the standard browser rather than Origami and worked fine. Origami probably set as Nexus user agent.
    Thanks for the update.
    Please can you check if the standard USER-AGENT for Origami works.
    08-27-14 06:48 PM
    I enjoy BBC so can not wait to download when it come out of beta.
    08-27-14 07:08 PM
    You can get the national BBC stations - Radio 1, Radio 1Xtra, Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4 FM, Radio 4 LW, Radio 4 Extra, 5 live, 5 live sports extra, 6Music, Asian Network and World Service.
    It works right now, so please visit "www . radiofeeds . co . uk / playbook" from your device.
    08-27-14 07:20 PM
    Works in origami ok with play book user agent but overall testing quite a few stations finding problem i think in buffering it keeps stopping and taking quite some time to restart even with very high speed broadband connection. But the problem could be more down to wifi connection i've had problems in the past connectivity and losing connection
    08-28-14 05:04 AM
    Thanks for the info re: Origami.
    As for the stopping, please could people test for long periods as well if you get the chance.
    I'd also like to know how good the implementation of Flash in the PlayBooks is. Some earlier builds have been known to have memory leaks.
    08-28-14 05:17 AM
    OK. This is now done. Turns out it wasn't as difficult to do as I thought it'd be.
    (Note: this may take 24 hours before the changes can be seen... I'm moving servers at present.)
    Thanks for this.

The overall height of the window is a little too big for the Playbook screen, so it is necessary to scroll-down to access the links.

It's a shame that the player size cannot be increased. The volume control is not usable, because it is so small.

The on-screen keyboard works fine with the search box.
    08-28-14 01:25 PM
    The overall height of the window is a little too big for the Playbook screen, so it is necessary to scroll-down to access the links.
    Which page is this? Is it the player?
    The on-screen keyboard works fine with the search box.
    I'll look into putting this in.
    08-28-14 02:05 PM
    Which page is this? Is it the player?
    Yes, it is the player page.
    08-28-14 04:05 PM
    Would you mind posting up a screemgrab so I can see the extent of the problem? Thanks.
    08-28-14 04:19 PM
    106 Jack. works ok so does Kerrang Radio, Absolute Radio said incompatable, Viking UK works ok.
    I think the Volume control should be a slider would be more user friendly,trying to decrease or increase the volume was hit or miss on the round volume control.Like screen saver pity the player could not be bigger.
    08-28-14 04:56 PM
    Absolute Radio: which format and bitrate did you choose? E.g. 128k mp3?
    As for the volume knob, it's a little deceiving. It actually has a slider control as opposed to rotary, despite what it looks like. Try sliding up and down.
    Although, I guess your system volume would override everything, anyway?
    08-28-14 05:00 PM
    Absolute Radio said incompatable.
    Ah, yes, I see what you mean now.
    Amusingly, that's one of my own notes to flag that a station doesn't play properly. Can't believe I forgot about it.
    Here's a secret, though.. If you choose the 128k mp3 streams, the Absolute Radio stations will play!!
    08-28-14 05:36 PM
    Yes, it is the player page.
    Yikes, I didn't realise the PlayBook only has a 600px height in resolution.
    I've now reduced the height of the logo at the top. If the whole of the flash player still can't be seen without scrolling, I can try and reduce the size of the text (station names, etc..)?
    08-29-14 03:13 AM
    I've taken a screenshot from around 20.30 this evening which shows that the window is too tall.

Unfortunately, I have failed to attach the image using the Playbook CB app.
    I get as far as displaying the selected image, but there is no control to attatching it to the post.
    08-29-14 02:46 PM
    Drop me an email at Feedback Form and I'll get back to you.
    Perhaps you could then email me your grab?
    08-30-14 05:40 AM
42 12