I picked up my PlayBook this morning (April 19th) and it's been a few hours, I haven't been able to register the device because it keeps saying unable to register PlayBook ID. I've double checked wi-fi connection and tried three different connections, (browser works fine over wi-fi) but it's still unable to register.

Any ideas? Keep waiting? I searched the forum but only came up with people having this issue prior to April 19th.
    04-19-11 11:41 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the servers are pretty stuffed up. There's a lot of people activating today
    04-19-11 11:47 AM
    wy dont u register on a pc/mac, then sign in to ur playbook? maybe work that way?
    04-19-11 11:52 AM
    Is your WiFi connection a free connection with a splash page (gateway page), i.e. do you need to check a box first before your Internet works? If so, then the registration won't work. You need a connection which takes you straight to the web without a gateway.

I had the same issue this morning, and that solved it. Mind you, I already have a BBID, I just needed to get the country's agreement loaded.
    04-19-11 11:53 AM
    Actually, I apologize guys. I forgot to add I can't even get past the agreement screen. Like I stated, I've tried 3 different wifi connections all secured.
    04-19-11 11:56 AM
    Maybe I'll just keep waiting lol.
    04-19-11 12:31 PM
    i'm in the same boat. Need to get this fixed pronto. I want the full experience.
    04-19-11 01:40 PM
    i'm in the same boat. Need to get this fixed pronto. I want the full experience.
    I just went and exchanged mine for another one. The new one works. It's updating right now.
    04-19-11 02:36 PM
    I noticed it asks for BBid and I was having problem until I used my email thatch registered with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 02:38 PM
    Can't get past the ID agreement either. I hooked up to desktop manager and its updating the OS, hopefully this fixes it. If not, I'll be exchanging it.

Update:
    Updated the OS via desktop manager. Restarted, new apps appeared, but still did not get past the agreement when running setup. Restarted Playbook and my computer, ran desktop manager again and it updated the OS again. Got past it that time. Setting up Bridge right now.
    Last edited by therapyreject174; 04-19-11 at 02:58 PM.
    04-19-11 02:42 PM
    Can't get past the ID agreement either. I hooked up to desktop manager and its updating the OS, hopefully this fixes it. If not, I'll be exchanging it.
    I'm unable to display the Blackberry ID Agreement. I bought two of these and the other one worked right away with no problems.

I'm trying the desktop manager also to see if the update works.
    04-19-11 02:54 PM
    I'm having the same problem, can't get past the blackberry I'd agreement feels like I just wasted $552.

04-19-11 03:01 PM
    Just called customer support and they got my playbook past the agreement screen... After you connect to wifi you have to click hotspot and from there it should take you straigt to the net.Close out, finish the agreement and get ready for a long software update

04-19-11 03:59 PM
    Just called customer support and they got my playbook past the agreement screen... After you connect to wifi you have to click hotspot and from there it should take you straigt to the net.Close out, finish the agreement and get ready for a long software update

Just for the record, I tried that on my first PlayBook and it didn't work. When I clicked HotSpot, all it said was your PlayBook is already connected to the internet. Then when I go to proceed, it won't load the agreement.
    04-19-11 04:10 PM
    Just for the record, I tried that on my first PlayBook and it didn't work. When I clicked HotSpot, all it said was your PlayBook is already connected to the internet. Then when I go to proceed, it won't load the agreement.
    I did the same thing. I did that "Hotspot" button too and got the same message. It still failed. I called support and spoke with Tier 1 who had me do the same exact thing again.....still failed. While on hold with tech support for 2 hours, I hung up, went back to the store and exchanged it. Brought my hotspot with me and went through the registration at the store. I left the store with the new software downloading. Can't wait til it's done.
    04-19-11 04:19 PM
    I left the store with the new software downloading. Can't wait til it's done.
    My 2nd PlayBook is great, no problems with it so far.
    04-19-11 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD