Very happy!
    12-23-11 09:31 AM
    Yes, i'm happy with it.

Wifi and bluetooth always on.

Never has my PB reach less than 30% after 2 days. I charging my PB every other day.

If I want to watch a movie, I turn on the TV and have a beer.
    If I want to listen to music, I turn on the radio and have a beer

If i'm traveling and have no work to be done, I get myself a beer.
    If I'm really bored, I watch YouTube and still have a beer.

After enough beer, you don't need the PB anymore.
    You sir, rock. But alas you're doing it all wrong (so I've been told). You must load your PB full of 1000's of pics about your life history. Never know when you might randomly stop and feel nostalgic!! Before the playbook came out I used to walk around with a few dozen hardcover photo albums in a knapsack, but thankfully the PB saved my spinal discs from herniation. You're also supposed to load it up full of old outdated movies you've probably seen 10x each.
    12-23-11 09:41 AM
    I have been happy with it so far, however last night I went to sleep and left it on standby (usually power it down when I go to sleep but I had a few beers and forgot) with the battery at 50%, woke up and it was completely dead. Started getting flashing green lights, I thought the thing was broken because there's no way it should drop 50% overnight even with tons of things of (and there were no active apps, wifi was on but bluetooth wasn't)

Any ideas what happened there?
    12-23-11 09:45 AM
    I have been happy with it so far, however last night I went to sleep and left it on standby (usually power it down when I go to sleep but I had a few beers and forgot) with the battery at 50%, woke up and it was completely dead. Started getting flashing green lights, I thought the thing was broken because there's no way it should drop 50% overnight even with tons of things of (and there were no active apps, wifi was on but bluetooth wasn't)

12-23-11 09:46 AM
    I have to charge my PB every night, i don't like the thought of the battery becoming so low that its a problem waking the PB up with the charger.

But i am generally pleased with the battery life.
    omniusovermind likes this.
    12-23-11 10:07 AM
    It's ok but not as good as I wished. It can barely go through the whole day without recharging.

Since I bought the docking charger, I take the travel charger to work and charge it when not in use.
    12-23-11 10:37 AM
    I charge mine about daily, but that's because I use the darn thing so much!

I'm totally happy with the 10h or so battery life, and I don't have the problem with standby power consumption that some others have, so mine lasts for two weeks on standby (not that I've ever had the chance to test it for that long).
    12-23-11 10:49 AM
    I'm now on my second PB - swapped a 16GB for a 32GB - and I'm noticing much better battery life with the newer unit. Could be just the luck of the draw, but I'm wondering if there's any correlation between storage size and battery life. Regardless, I'm quite happy with the performance - rivals my Tab 10.1 in all day endurance. :-)

RCK
    12-23-11 11:00 AM
    I got a 32gb pb and am quite happy with the battery life. When I compare it to my laptop I even happier as the pb's battery lasts a lot longer than the lt.
    12-23-11 11:08 AM
    Battery life is fine for me. I don't really play games, but I watch a lot of YouTube videos and stream music as well. Haven't had much issue with the battery at all.
    12-23-11 11:17 AM
    Nope.

My iPad kills the the PB in this category. It's amazing to me watching Apple's products deal with power management. Every device, from iPod Touch 3G, 4G, Classic, iPad and Macbook Pro, can sit for days at a time and the battery percentage would hardly budge. No matter what precautions you take with the PB you still have to charge once a day. That's ridiculous IMO.

Maybe it's the OS and lack of better power management, maybe it's the PB's active screen that allows you to wake it up at any time. Either way RIM might want to give better power management features for the PB. Because the power management for my Curve 8330 is AWESOME as well. I can even set it to scheduled Standby times, which I have setup to turn the phone off every night.

I know, this is Crackberry... so before anyone thinks i'm bashing PBs, I got two of em sitting in front of me now - the iStuff is all sitting in a drawer at home, saving their batteries
    Mine was a little dismal at first but now is excellent. After a fairly heavy use day at work, I'm still at around 53%. Two days on standby, 93% for my PB. Two days standby for wife's iPad 97%.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-23-11 at 11:56 AM. Reason: corection
    12-23-11 11:54 AM
    i can use my playbook for browsing the web, reading my forums, adjusting my music, on and off all day from about 630am til about 7pm. so i am happy with my battrery life.
    12-23-11 12:06 PM
    I'm a little disappointed with the discharge rate during standby.
    12-23-11 12:14 PM
    Having various 10inch tablets and the PB, the battery life on the PB's definitely not as good as my TP or my brother's Gal Tab 10.1, but for a 7inch device that is quite a bit smaller, I'm generally pretty happy with the PB's battery life. I use it A LOT (now with citrix almost fully supported, I don't need my laptop anymore). I do find that the percentages don't really go down consistently (the first 10% goes away pretty quickly, but then the rest takes quite a bit longer).

Pretty much lasts me all day if I don't charge it at work during the day. I only ran out of juice (down to about 9%) one time, and I was using it from 6:30am to about 6pm...
    12-23-11 12:30 PM
    Very happy with battery so far.
    (and love the "instant on" ability without booting up - fast & low power!)
    12-23-11 12:48 PM
    I'd like better battery performance, but it's ok. I'd rather have a lot of things... say...autocorrect before better battery life.
    12-23-11 12:50 PM
    ... but I'm wondering if there's any correlation between storage size and battery life.
    There is none. All three storage sizes have effectively identical battery life.
    12-23-11 01:07 PM

Something similar happened to me yesterday. I had my PB on the charger overnight. Checked it before I put it in my bag the next morning and I had 100%. Things got really busy at work so I never had a chance to take it out and set it up. When I got home, I took the PB out of the bag and noticed that it was very warm. I tried to turn it on and it was dead. I plugged it up to the charger and it instantly came back to life, but was fully discharged. I let it fully recharge and all seems to be ok today, but for a moment I thought my PB was fried.
    12-23-11 02:28 PM
    i wish it was longer!!
    12-23-11 02:36 PM
    Something similar happened to me yesterday. I had my PB on the charger overnight. Checked it before I put it in my bag the next morning and I had 100%. Things got really busy at work so I never had a chance to take it out and set it up. When I got home, I took the PB out of the bag and noticed that it was very warm. I tried to turn it on and it was dead. I plugged it up to the charger and it instantly came back to life, but was fully discharged. I let it fully recharge and all seems to be ok today, but for a moment I thought my PB was fried.
    I read another post somewhere on here a few days ago and that same thing happened to another PB user.....its as if the PB is running some CPU intensive task while in standby and that flattens the battery.
    12-23-11 02:59 PM
    Can anyone who has an ipad confirm if the BT/wifi radios are shutoff when it sleeps? The Playbook wifi stays on all the time unless turned off for file sharing. I think this is likely a major difference maker in standby times.

I watched all 3 godfather movies on a plane ride this summer. The movies were 720p with 1.5 mbps average bitrate. Close to 12 hours of constant playback. That was impressive. Only thing I did to conserve power was set brightness to 50%.
    12-23-11 03:24 PM
    I think the battery life is excellent. My wife and I do the majority of our web browsing on it, and play a lot of games on it. Charge it every few days.
    12-23-11 03:46 PM
    Can anyone who has an ipad confirm if the BT/wifi radios are shutoff when it sleeps? The Playbook wifi stays on all the time unless turned off for file sharing. I think this is likely a major difference maker in standby times.

I watched all 3 godfather movies on a plane ride this summer. The movies were 720p with 1.5 mbps average bitrate. Close to 12 hours of constant playback. That was impressive. Only thing I did to conserve power was set brightness to 50%.
    I guess turning on file sharing keeps it on. IPad doesn't have file sharing option so I believe it turns it off. One thing I noticed was PB seems to keep touch screen interface on in standby, since the swipe is required to turn it back on.

12 hours of HD playback, that's impressive! It goes beyond what RIM's claimed spec says, doesn't it?
    12-23-11 03:55 PM
    I would rate battery life on my PB as good, not quite excellent, but certainly no complaints. Too bad RIM did not give more thought to what happens in the sleep mode--you'd think they would have looked to the examples of Apple, Samsung and other early players for things to check off--but maybe that can be corrected in a future firmware/software release. BTW, I am impressed that Apple's iPads (both generations) still score at the top of the tablet pack in battery tests--another indication that the iPad team really did do a good all-around job in designing the device, whatever you think of Jobs.
    12-23-11 04:14 PM
    Very happy with PB battery life. Gets me through the day with no problem.
    12-23-11 05:34 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD