Are u happy with ur PB battery life?
    i really can enjoy it for a full 10 hours non stop?
    i find it need no less than 4 to 5 hours to fully recharge itself.
    i always wait till the famous 9 percent.
    Last edited by gladiatorofyale; 12-23-11 at 01:07 AM.
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-23-11 01:05 AM
    there aren't that many apps yet.and no native email.battery life is sufficient for the time being.not many apps kind of sucks by now.what is rim doing?and now they going be drinking eggnog and sing christmas carols with their families for christmas.they won't get until work until january. no wonder rim is behind the competition.they procrastinate.
    12-23-11 01:19 AM
    I am happy with the PB's battery life.
    12-23-11 01:25 AM
    No complaints here, as long as I have a charger and outlet nearby then I'm good.
    12-23-11 01:32 AM
    I am happy with the PB's battery life.
    As am I. That WAS the only, simple question, wasn't it? Let's see how long it is before someone can't stay within a simple question.
    Megacharge likes this.
    12-23-11 01:41 AM
    i always wait till the famous 15 minutes past 0%
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-23-11 01:43 AM
    i always wait till the famous 15 minutes past 0%
    LOL! Good one!
    12-23-11 01:47 AM
    i just go on all day with it.
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-23-11 02:24 AM
    no prob. there
    12-23-11 02:28 AM
    Only ran it dead once. Kids watching movies for 8 hours straight in the car. Had bluetooth on the whole time bridged to my phone. Have got over 10 hrs since.

For the most part, I never have an issue - I usually charge it every few days while in the office.
    Megacharge and urbnimports like this.
    12-23-11 02:34 AM
    for browsing, it's okay. playing games like modern combat 2 and dead space takes a hard toll on the batt. could be better.
    12-23-11 02:44 AM
    when using great,in stanby absolutely brilliant.
    You could leave it for days with hardly any batt drain,but who could leave it alone for that long
    Megacharge, Tules and misskalunji like this.
    12-23-11 02:51 AM
    Yes, i'm happy with it.

Wifi and bluetooth always on.

Never has my PB reach less than 30% after 2 days. I charging my PB every other day.

If I want to watch a movie, I turn on the TV and have a beer.
    If I want to listen to music, I turn on the radio and have a beer

If i'm traveling and have no work to be done, I get myself a beer.
    If I'm really bored, I watch YouTube and still have a beer.

After enough beer, you don't need the PB anymore.
    revama and kenorian like this.
    12-23-11 06:33 AM
    Yes I am.....
    12-23-11 06:50 AM
    Nope.

My iPad kills the the PB in this category. It's amazing to me watching Apple's products deal with power management. Every device, from iPod Touch 3G, 4G, Classic, iPad and Macbook Pro, can sit for days at a time and the battery percentage would hardly budge. No matter what precautions you take with the PB you still have to charge once a day. That's ridiculous IMO.

Maybe it's the OS and lack of better power management, maybe it's the PB's active screen that allows you to wake it up at any time. Either way RIM might want to give better power management features for the PB. Because the power management for my Curve 8330 is AWESOME as well. I can even set it to scheduled Standby times, which I have setup to turn the phone off every night.

I know, this is Crackberry... so before anyone thinks i'm bashing PBs, I got two of em sitting in front of me now - the iStuff is all sitting in a drawer at home, saving their batteries
    dono54 likes this.
    12-23-11 07:29 AM
    btw I don't know how you people are charging the PB every other day. For me it's EVERY DAY, period.

buuut I'm a RIM fanboy willing to give the benefit of the doubt... I just received my 32GB PB to upgrade my 16GB, and hopefully battery drain is not so bad, maybe it was just a bad PB
    12-23-11 07:32 AM
    Nope.

My iPad kills the the PB in this category. It's amazing to me watching Apple's products deal with power management. Every device, from iPod Touch 3G, 4G, Classic, iPad and Macbook Pro, can sit for days at a time and the battery percentage would hardly budge. No matter what precautions you take with the PB you still have to charge once a day. That's ridiculous IMO
    Maybe it is because it is so much better than than the ipad and you never put it down, therefore the battery will die quicker.
    About charging once a day, they are no different than you, you sleep once a day, just charge when you are sleeping and you will be ahead of the game with never having a dead battery.
    12-23-11 07:47 AM
    when using great,in stanby absolutely brilliant.
    You could leave it for days with hardly any batt drain,but who could leave it alone for that long
    With my PlayBook, if I leave it for a few days in standby, the battery will be depleted.
    12-23-11 07:50 AM
    Maybe it is because it is so much better than than the ipad and you never put it down, therefore the battery will die quicker.
    About charging once a day, they are no different than you, you sleep once a day, just charge when you are sleeping and you will be ahead of the game with never having a dead battery.
    you are right with all points here. I use it way more than the iPad and I can't put it down sometimes, I charge it every night and the battery lasts for the remainder of the day.

But I had an experience a couple days ago where it did NOT last the whole day, I guess I felt like playing with it a bit more streaming movies and such, nothing too bad though. My iPad woulda lasted that day with the same usage with flying colors
    12-23-11 08:10 AM
    Nope.

My iPad kills the the PB in this category. It's amazing to me watching Apple's products deal with power management. Every device, from iPod Touch 3G, 4G, Classic, iPad and Macbook Pro, can sit for days at a time and the battery percentage would hardly budge. No matter what precautions you take with the PB you still have to charge once a day. That's ridiculous IMO.

Maybe it's the OS and lack of better power management, maybe it's the PB's active screen that allows you to wake it up at any time. Either way RIM might want to give better power management features for the PB. Because the power management for my Curve 8330 is AWESOME as well. I can even set it to scheduled Standby times, which I have setup to turn the phone off every night.

I know, this is Crackberry... so before anyone thinks i'm bashing PBs, I got two of em sitting in front of me now - the iStuff is all sitting in a drawer at home, saving their batteries
    I don't know what you have on yours or what you're using but mine doesn't sit unused for that long except for some weekends and the battery is fine after 2 days of being in standby. Hardly any loss to speak of.
    12-23-11 08:12 AM
    i really can enjoy it for a full 10 hours non stop?
    i find it need no less than 4 to 5 hours to fully recharge itself.
    4-5 hrs to recharge, i forgot about those days, the rapid charger is a must have!
    i use the pb oem charger to rapid charge my berry now, lol
    12-23-11 08:16 AM
    I used this thing for music/browsing for 4 hours yesterday, left it on standby for the entire night, and have been browsing for an hour today. Im still at 69%.

An hour on the rapid charging pod and it will be back to 100%. Battery life/rapid charging is stellar on the playbook.
    12-23-11 08:17 AM
    i use mine around 5 consecutive hours a day and the rest of the time its in standby. I have to charge every 2 to 3 days. During use I play games, have bridge open, have the browser open on flash heavy sites and i have no issues with worrying about dying in a single day. Maybe you are leaving it on the charger for too long and the battery developed a memory thus giving you shorter battery life.
    12-23-11 08:22 AM
    It is not bad, it usually takes me through the day. My other tablet is better, but takes longer to recharge than my PB with its magnetic charger.
    12-23-11 09:21 AM
    I find the battery life great. Yesterday used it for 4 straight hours reading and them playing Need For Speed (never thought I would like that, but addictied). Then took it with me to town to pickup my son and while waiting watched videos for almost an hour. Came home gamed a bit more, argued with that SkyLab map of Toronto then plugged it in and it was still 65%. Its so easy just to plug it in at night, and away I go for the day.
    12-23-11 09:25 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD