That's how long it took for our kids to crack the screen of our PlayBook (or "picture frame" as we called it). Not too shabby considering the youngest is three and she broke it in a way that could have happened to anyone. It still works with the spider web crack, for now.

Any suggestions on what to replace it with? We mostly used it for kids games, videos, and taking pictures and videos. I used to use it for browsing until I got a Z10. So I am thinking the new tablet will be for the kids for Christmas, as my PlayBook ended up as their toy 99% of the time anyhow. Therefore I would something like this,

1. Cheap $200.

2. Durable, Gorilla glass and perhaps waterproof.

3. 7" or 8" screen.

4. Hdmi out for playback on the tv.

The rest of the specs are pretty meaningless, as any wifi tablet running any of the OS available will suffice. Though I would prefer Android as I know their games are available for it.
    03-13-14 11:06 AM
    That's how long it took for our kids to crack the screen of our PlayBook (or "picture frame" as we called it). Not too shabby considering the youngest is three and she broke it in a way that could have happened to anyone. It still works with the spider web crack, for now.

Any suggestions on what to replace it with? We mostly used it for kids games, videos, and taking pictures and videos. I used to use it for browsing until I got a Z10. So I am thinking the new tablet will be for the kids for Christmas, as my PlayBook ended up as their toy 99% of the time anyhow. Therefore I would something like this,

1. Cheap $200.

2. Durable, Gorilla glass and perhaps waterproof.

3. 7" or 8" screen.

4. Hdmi out for playback on the tv.

The rest of the specs are pretty meaningless, as any wifi tablet running any of the OS available will suffice. Though I would prefer Android as I know their games are available for it.
    some suggestions in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-then-914174/

If you are in the US, Wallyworld sells the Hisense Sero Pro 7 if you can find it in store. The Azus HD Memo Pad 7 is in that price range as well but doesn't have the HDMI like the Sero 7 Pro.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 03-13-14 at 11:44 AM.
    03-13-14 11:28 AM
    Or just for the kids to bang on you could get about 10 of these

Datawind aims to make $20 tablet computer - Technology & Science - CBC News
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-13-14 11:30 AM

Soon as I gets back in is gettin a Surface Pro2 I is see eh? Don't forget to mention them as well see eh?
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-13-14 11:53 AM
    Soon as I gets back in is gettin a Surface Pro2 I is see eh? Don't forget to mention them as well see eh?
    Not for $200.00 you won't.
    03-13-14 12:00 PM
    Another PB perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:10 PM

Worth looking into! lol... not sure what is available here in Canada.

Don't want another PlayBook - may as well get something that is not a dead product. Android 4 something with a decent dual core processor and gpu will have more life to it than a PlayBook, especially for kids games.

That said, if I could find three PlayBook for $50 each, I would buy them for the kids. They already know the UI and it is solid hardware with "good enough" specs, especially for the camera and speakers.
    Last edited by Tatwi; 03-13-14 at 03:04 PM.
    03-13-14 01:11 PM
    You could try giving them a book it would cheaper and might give them an edge in school. That is unless you buy more PlayBooks as they are pretty cheap these days.
    03-14-14 04:25 PM
    Get another PB for fifty bucks lol -_____-
    03-14-14 04:31 PM
    some suggestions in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-then-914174/

If you are in the US, Wallyworld sells the Hisense Sero Pro 7 if you can find it in store. The Azus HD Memo Pad 7 is in that price range as well but doesn't have the HDMI like the Sero 7 Pro.
    I have the sero 7 pro...great tablet at any price.
    Cynycl and mh1983 like this.
    03-14-14 04:36 PM
    Give the new nexus 7 tablets a try, I've heard good things about them

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 04:48 PM
    I have the Hisense Sero 7 Pro. I find it perfect for me BUT I would not recommend it for rugged use. My screen cracked the second week I had it. I still have no idea how! Factory Direct replaced it for me as there were absolutely no signs of impact. I think it was $129 at FactoryDirect.ca.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 08:40 AM
    04-08-14 08:49 AM