Okay, since 2.0.1 I have seen too many threads about "Did 2.0.1 Stop Side-Loading", and "Help, I Can't Use Auto Correct in Bridge".

Regarding the first point, 2.0.1 NEVER WAS stopping side-loading. 2.0.1 enables application encryption in BlackBerry App World. So, if you download a 'paid' application on you're computer, it is encrypted and will not allow you to side-load it if you have not bought it. That is what I get from it.
    For more information visit: Side-loading and Piracy, By Alec Saunder | BlackBerrry Developer Blog

The second point was just clarified in a tweet by Michael Clewley, the PlayBook Product manager. He said,
    We have confirmed the Bridge autotext issue and it will be fixed in a Bridge update coming shortly.
    So please! Stop the threads, and I hope this clarifies everything for you guys!
    Here is the tweet: @MichaelClewley

Thanks!
    04-20-12 04:16 PM
    Both positive things I could care less about sideloading but it's not right for developers to be ripped off
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-20-12 04:28 PM
    Both positive things I could care less about sideloading but it's not right for developers to be ripped off
    I agree, it's just not right.
    These developer's can spend month's on one application, for you're satisfaction...
    Not right...
    04-20-12 04:40 PM
    Hey, did you know that bridge autotext is not working........., (just kidding). So when's this bridge update coming.....I mean, now I have to spell my own words.....DARN!!
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-20-12 04:48 PM
    Hey, did you know that bridge autotext is not working........., (just kidding). So when's this bridge update coming.....I mean, now I have to spell my own words.....DARN!!
    LOL, damn I haven't spelled anything by myself for a long, long time!
    04-20-12 04:54 PM
    Most sideloaded apps are free on Google play, hopefully Cascades will change things in terms of more apps. Apps are what is holding BlackBerry back for the average consumer. The average consumer doesn't have the skill and is unwilling to go to the trouble of sideloading

The Nokia 900 recently saw a huge surge of sales and interest. Previously both Windows as a mobile OS and Nokia ,were considered dead.

There maybe hope for BlackBerry if they can get on the ball.
    04-20-12 05:45 PM
    Cascades sdk will change everything. If you've played with Scrapbook then you've touched cascades. The important thing will be eye candy and OS fluff vs real world usable apps.
    04-20-12 06:24 PM
    The second point was just clarified in a tweet by Michael Clewley, the PlayBook Product manager. He said, So please! Stop the threads, and I hope this clarifies everything for you guys!
    Here is the tweet: @MichaelClewley
    How could this missing feature have been missed during the QA process considering its presence in OS 1.0.8? Michael Clewley was misnamed. Ha! Ha!
    04-20-12 06:31 PM
    Hope Rim release a couple native apps built with cascades at BBW.
    04-20-12 06:36 PM
    Cascades sdk will change everything. If you've played with Scrapbook then you've touched cascades. The important thing will be eye candy and OS fluff vs real world usable apps.
    Eye candy? Fluff? Would that be Cotton Fluff (fairground concession stand) or Marshmallow Fluff (grocery store)? Oh goody now my eyes can be entertained and pack on the extra calories while gazing upon the tablet.
    04-20-12 06:36 PM
    LOL, damn I haven't spelled anything by myself for a long, long time!
    Here kid, take this dictionary. You do not how to use a dictionary, right?
    04-20-12 06:39 PM
    I do not how....
    04-20-12 06:45 PM
    I think this was the best fix possible. It will allow the free android apps to be proted, but nothing more. Good Job!
    04-20-12 07:18 PM
    Here kid, take this dictionary. You do not how to use a dictionary, right?
    What's a dictionary?
    04-20-12 07:55 PM
    One does not have to be exclusive of the other.
    04-20-12 08:08 PM
    The Bridge update is coming:

a: Soon
    b: Around the corner
    c: within 60 days
    d: By Summer
    e: Some conference or other
    f: 7 come 11
    g: pick your poison
    04-20-12 08:24 PM
    So sad but so true. Oh well, so long as bb10 has it and it sells, sells, sells!
    04-20-12 09:10 PM
    Bridge update!!! That's amazingg! Really needed though.. I can't wait for the day when everything on Bridge works super smooth.. It's gonna be amazing..

Sometimes I wonder that RIM has made everything look so easy that I just don't value it.. Talk about simplifying things.. No cloud.. No sync.. Just seamless.. All the time.. Everytime!!
    04-21-12 12:22 AM
    Surely somebody at RIM tested the bridge app on the latest update, or do they have the "that will do" attitude.
    Sorry but i just can't believe that they missed this when testing.
    04-21-12 03:29 AM
    Maybe the testers were also testing bridge updates but the release schedules didn't line up.

At times I lose the suggestions and corrections outside of native mail too.

Michael confirmed they are fixing the hyphen email issue too.
    04-21-12 06:27 AM
    Surely somebody at RIM tested the bridge app on the latest update, or do they have the "that will do" attitude.
    Sorry but i just can't believe that they missed this when testing.
    That is what I wonder. Of all their ONE DOZEN testers, no one noticed this?
    04-21-12 08:53 AM
    The third thing clarified is WE are the other dozen+ beta testers and WE don't miss anything.
    04-21-12 10:08 AM
    The Bridge update is coming:

a: Soon
    b: Around the corner
    c: within 60 days
    d: By Summer
    e: Some conference or other
    f: 7 come 11
    g: pick your poison
    "Check's in the mail" too, but seriously, please, please test it first so we don't have a thousand more new threads about how it didn't fix it, lol.

I also found it interesting that a couple of people in here who evidently have the only "perfect" PlayBooks claimed that they didn't have the issue with bridge in the new update.
    04-21-12 10:32 AM
    The third thing clarified is WE are the other dozen+ beta testers and WE don't miss anything.
    Yes, the more the merrier. I seriously wonder how such a glaring bug could have been missed if they had a sizable number of testers. But if they fix it in a TIMELY manner I will be less unhappy.
    AggreX likes this.
    04-21-12 10:53 AM
    Clewley says it's addressed and bridge update will be released "shortly" . Hey atleast he didn't say "soon". From what I gather soon is equivalent to a month or longer. Hopefully "shortly " is sooner than soon.
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 04-21-12 at 12:02 PM.
    anon(3896606), FF22 and Spencerdl like this.
    04-21-12 11:53 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD