Reason #1:

I had a birthday last week & my son & daughter-in-law bought me the BB mini-keyboard for my PB. Due to shortages of this item at Future Shop we had to wait for the new shipment coming in yesterday - but he got it last night ... and he got the last one from the new shipment! Now I have no idea how many the store got in yesterday - but I have mine! The a

Like everything else, there's a bit of a learning curve with it - obviously it's a bit too small to permit "touch typing" but I love having access to a "real" keyboard features as well as the touchpad! I had briefly owned the Hipstreet keyboard for Playbook, but the lack of a touchpad had me returning it the next day.

This BB keyboard is really nice, very responsive and a lovely addition to my PB!

Reason #2:

I met with a bunch of friends for lunch today, during which I mentioned a video on youtube I thought they might find amusing. One friend had her iPhone out searching for the video but she didn't have enough of a signal to do a search. I whipped out my BB Torch 9800, searched youtube, found the video & played it. I had 1 to 2 bars of signal, just like my friend's iPhone. BB comes through again!
    06-19-12 04:56 PM
    Good stuff! Always nice to hear a BlackBerry story with a happy ending.
    06-19-12 04:59 PM
    I whipped out my BB Torch 9800, searched youtube, found the video & played it. I had 1 to 2 bars of signal, just like my friend's iPhone. BB comes through again!
    Too bad you didn't have your PlayBook, you could have Bridged it and made it even more awesome.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    06-19-12 05:36 PM
    Too bad you didn't have your PlayBook, you could have Bridged it and made it even more awesome.
    Yes, you're right. Too bad the PB was at home on the charger! Next time I'll be sure to take it along!
    06-19-12 05:46 PM
    My Duo has saved my sanity at work everyday! I can put my headphones on and listen to my music on the PB... and since I can't use the wifi at work, I bridge my phone to the PB and surf during lunch...

I B Happy!
    hpjrt, blusls, PatrickMJS and 2 others like this.
    06-19-12 07:14 PM
    my duo has saved my sanity at work everyday! I can put my headphones on and listen to my music on the pb... And since i can't use the wifi at work, i bridge my phone to the pb and surf during lunch...

I b happy!

i do the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jafobabe likes this.
    06-20-12 05:49 AM
    i do the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ditto Here!

I love using the PB to surf without work's restrictions (They block everything)....lets me look up youtube videos at work.
    rifka_f likes this.
    06-20-12 07:02 AM
    My bridged PlayBook helps me survive my hour long daily commute by bus to work. A little music, maybe a movie and some emails get me off to a great start, or give me a soundtrack to my nap.

It's been said on the boards here before, but the bridge feature is still one of the most unacknowledged achievements RIM has brought to the table.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-20-12 07:58 AM
    The bridge feature is one of the reasons that I have persisted with BlackBerry. When there is no wifi access and I am in the US, I can bridge with my 9700. I am waiting for the next BB, but the bridge feature really is sheer genius.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-23-12 09:40 PM
    Lord knows I could not understand how the reviewers never featured this as a brilliant innovation. Either they just didn't understand this or RIM marketing never promoted it properly.
    Last edited by hpjrt; 06-24-12 at 06:50 AM. Reason: 'cause I left out a word!
    06-23-12 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD