I've noticed that since the sales, a number of people have two pbs, or several in a family. I'm curious how the apps in appworld are set up on PB. If you have two PBs, both linked to the same BB and the same appworld account, can you download paid apps on both PBs (or do you pay for it twice?). Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with that.

Thanks!
    11-25-11 08:32 AM
    I've noticed that since the sales, a number of people have two pbs, or several in a family. I'm curious how the apps in appworld are set up on PB. If you have two PBs, both linked to the same BB and the same appworld account, can you download paid apps on both PBs (or do you pay for it twice?). Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with that.

Thanks!
    Thats a good question as I have 4 pbs and have not purchased a single app. Nothing out there I want or require other than the free ones (other than comwave phone,(WHICH DOESN'T WORK WITH THE NEW UPDATE.)
    11-25-11 09:18 AM
    Pay once. You will be asked if you want to use old account. Say yes. Sometimes you will have to pay twice.
    11-25-11 09:19 AM
    On Blackberry based phones the Appworld is tied to a device PIN (aside from the username and password) which makes it difficult to have content of 1 account in two devices. Whenever I would register a new phone (new pin) it would ask if I would display "new pin has been detected, would you like to switch the registered PIN".

Also, I have several Apps on my phone that also have the exact PlayBook version but I have to pay for them again if I want them on my PlayBook which gives me the impression that the devs and RIM have a way of knowing which device it belongs to and locks it in.

Nonetheless, if you or anyone has a way around this drop a line or 2
    Last edited by Abrante; 11-25-11 at 10:41 AM.
    11-25-11 10:38 AM
    up until last night we had two plabook on one blackberry Id

all apps i download end up into the uninstalled apps of my wife's pb and vice versa.

problem is the video chat wont work within the two unit as the app need to call another balckberry id.

second problem i got is the latest upgrade was not going on the second unit.

since we wanted the video chat feature, we resetted my wifes unit last nigt and now use separate account. We figured we just dont use the same aps anyway(from our past ipod experience)
    11-25-11 11:13 AM
    I had this issue when I recently upgraded to the 64GB from 32GB. The new one would have the "Reinstall" button on apps that were previously on the old one, paid or free. However, when accessing the old one for any reason, it would ask to associate the old one with the BBID but it didn't affect anything on the new one.

This worked well for me since I was simply setting up and not trying for a full-time workaround to use both devices (the old one went to my little sister). I don't see any workaround that would keep both devices in sync full time and without any issues down the line.
    11-25-11 12:09 PM
    Ran into the same thing when I bought the PB64. I already have the 32 but a deals a deal, right?

Can you use the same BBID? Yes!! Better question is should you use the same BBID on both PBs. I would think no, you shouldn't.

I too tried the vid chat and with the same id no it did not work. I created a new id for one of the PBs and that fixed that problem. Having the same BBID on both does work, yes, but as stated whenever you visit App World you have to answer the "yes, switch me" question.

Perhaps there is a way around this issue if we could download the app to say a computer and install from there to each of the PB's but I still think that even when you can it doesn't make it right.
    11-25-11 01:38 PM
    I have the same account on the PB and my wife's BB phone. I do not know if on two PB will work.

O ipad it works. I have two iphones and one Ipad and I use one single account for all devices. I can download the app on one phone and at later time on the other phone and Ipad. It would be nice to work the same way on PB.
    11-25-11 01:44 PM
    anymore ideas on this? share 1 account between 2 playbooks and still installed the paid apps on both books?
    10-07-12 05:34 PM
    anymore ideas on this? share 1 account between 2 playbooks and still installed the paid apps on both books?
    Yes they will share the apps
    annon91221 likes this.
    10-07-12 07:26 PM
    yeah but found out if u switches pins more than 15 times ur locked out. be better of just getting separate accounts.
    10-07-12 09:04 PM
    yeah but found out if u switches pins more than 15 times ur locked out. be better of just getting separate accounts.
    If true, this is new behaviour.

Apps are purchased by BBID, which can be a BBID that is the same on up to 5 PBs. This is allowed by RIM and there's a RIM webpage confirming this that has been linked when this question has been asked before. Any PB sharing a BBID can each independently and simultaneously use any of the Apps that are installed, regardless of where else the same App is installed or running.

You can think of the BBID shared between PBs you own as a Family ID.

When you download an App from AppWorld, it remembers the PB PIN as the "active PB". If you later download an App using a different PB, a dialog pops up to tell you you are using a different PB, hit "OK" and download your App on the PB... which becomes the new "active PB".

RIM clearly make a note of the PB PINs, and if there are more than 5 PINs being used with the same BBID, I suspect they could take some blocking action.

However, I have switched between the PINs on my two PBs dozens of times with no problems. Like I say, using the same BBID on up to 5 PBs is allowed according to RIMs own rules.
    DC506 likes this.
    10-08-12 01:44 AM
    I too have been switching between PINs on my single BBID almost daily for the past 4 months with no issues.
    10-08-12 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD