This may have been talked about already but if so I missed it, my two new fav featuress on #Playbook browser are:
    1. the reader option -ala Readability so that an article can be pulled from a webpage and read more easily. As a sidenote and extra rant, this was a function that went away on my Blackberry 9900 but simply forced me to use the Opera browser more often on the phone.
    2. the ability to email a webpage (to Evernote for example) which seems pretty basic but given how often I want to send or save a webpage as a reference, this is huge for me

These two features make the Playbook instantly more useful for me for one of my main tablet uses, namely sitting on the couch on a Saturday morning to review my non-vital but still interesting 'resource' email.

Next evolution:
    Give the browser the option to share the webpage and not be dependent on an email link in the website itself.

Then all I need are the Pulse and Springpad apps and I would never need to leave the couch again!
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    03-03-12 09:52 AM
    Didn't know you can email a Web page. How? Thanks
    03-03-12 11:14 AM
    ..my two new fav featuress on #Playbook browser are:
    [/I][*]the ability to email a webpage (to Evernote for example) which seems pretty basic but given how often I want to send or save a webpage as a reference, this is huge for me
    Did I miss something - How can you easily send the webpage address/content to e-mail, except from manually selecting the address and pasting it into a e-mail?
    03-03-12 11:15 AM
    Yes, I absolutely love Reader mode! I was just going to start a thread on it now. You've beat me to it. I can't get enough of reader mode.

How do you email webpages?
    03-03-12 11:39 AM
    Next “evolution “ I hope is they add some kind of basic bookmark management and sorting... Pretty standard feature in all browsers out there...
    mossfoot likes this.
    03-03-12 11:44 AM
    Did I miss something - How can you easily send the webpage address/content to e-mail, except from manually selecting the address and pasting it into a e-mail?
    How do you manually copy/paste a web address into an email? Every one of the dozens of times that I've tried it, the "Paste" command has never been available in the Messages app. (The clipboard appears to be persistent within the browser, so if I were accessing an email account over the PB's browser, I could do it that way -- but then why would I be accessing an email account via the browser from my PB?)
    03-03-12 12:55 PM
    Reader mode? What's that?
    03-03-12 12:57 PM
    Woooowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swiping from the left bezel to the right bezel also allows you to send a webpage to a playbook owner next to you
    How did you do that???
    03-03-12 01:02 PM
    How do you manually copy/paste a web address into an email? Every one of the dozens of times that I've tried it, the "Paste" command has never been available in the Messages app. (The clipboard appears to be persistent within the browser, so if I were accessing an email account over the PB's browser, I could do it that way -- but then why would I be accessing an email account via the browser from my PB?)
    It works here - every time... "just" copy the address line from the browser - and click inside a mail you composing - and then tap+hold - and the "paste" option should be avail..

if not - call RIM
    03-03-12 01:41 PM
    Woooowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swiping from the left bezel to the right bezel also allows you to send a webpage to a playbook owner next to you
    But what if you want to send it to the playbook owner next to you on the left?

03-03-12 01:50 PM
    Reader mode? What's that?
    Go to a webpage with a lot of text on it, Wikipedia for example, then tap on the icon that looks like an open book underneath the back arrow and reader mode will open up.
    03-03-12 02:12 PM
    Reader mode is pretty awesome...especially for webpages with lots of Flash ads...hehe
    03-03-12 06:31 PM
    Go to a webpage with a lot of text on it, Wikipedia for example, then tap on the icon that looks like an open book underneath the back arrow and reader mode will open up.
    Thanks; I'll remember that. Although pinch-zooming works well enough as is..
    03-03-12 06:43 PM
    Doesn't work in bridge.
    03-03-12 07:51 PM
    Doesn't work in bridge.
    Works great here - with all Bridge apps....

the only Bridge app giving a little bit trouble is the Memo app - where it dont seem to respond well to tap+hold, but - accidently it works :-)

paste into e-mail works great....

hmmm - perhaps you are on BES - and that there is some restrictions there...
    I use BIS on my BB ... works - although I wish it would be easier to do all "clipboard" actions - position/mark/copy/paste - perhaps as a function on the keyboard....
    Last edited by Lindstrom; 03-03-12 at 08:02 PM.
    gnuttall likes this.
    03-03-12 07:59 PM
    Works great here - with all Bridge apps....

the only Bridge app giving a little bit trouble is the Memo app - where it dont seem to respond well to tap+hold, but - accidently it works :-)

paste into e-mail works great....

hmmm - perhaps you are on BES - and that there is some restrictions there...
    I use BIS on my BB ... works - although I wish it would be easier to do all "clipboard" actions - position/mark/copy/paste - perhaps as a function on the keyboard....
    I am on a BES, but I am the administrator and I can assure you that I have applied zero restrictions to myself.
    03-04-12 01:05 PM
    This may have been talked about already but if so I missed it, my two new fav featuress on #Playbook browser are:
    1. the reader option -ala Readability so that an article can be pulled from a webpage and read more easily. As a sidenote and extra rant, this was a function that went away on my Blackberry 9900 but simply forced me to use the Opera browser more often on the phone.
    2. the ability to email a webpage (to Evernote for example) which seems pretty basic but given how often I want to send or save a webpage as a reference, this is huge for me

These two features make the Playbook instantly more useful for me for one of my main tablet uses, namely sitting on the couch on a Saturday morning to review my non-vital but still interesting 'resource' email.

Next evolution:
    Give the browser the option to share the webpage and not be dependent on an email link in the website itself.

Then all I need are the Pulse and Springpad apps and I would never need to leave the couch again!
    I don't consider copying the address and pasting it to a email field id an easy way to share a web page. What would be easy is if it did this like a Blackberry phone. Choose send link then choose how you want to compose and then share away.

That would be very cool and easy to me.

BlackBerry PlayBook® 2.0 using Tapatalk™
    03-04-12 01:11 PM
    I am on a BES, but I am the administrator and I can assure you that I have applied zero restrictions to myself.
    could it be some of the new Balance thing you seeing? - keeping a separate "safe zone" - so communication between BES data and other is not possible?
    03-04-12 05:07 PM
    could it be some of the new Balance thing you seeing? - keeping a separate "safe zone" - so communication between BES data and other is not possible?
    Good idea, but no; separation of work/personal data is disabled by default, and the default is what I'm configured with. (This is a one-user BES, and that one user is me.)
    03-05-12 02:01 PM
    OK! I opened the (sideloaded) Pulse app browser and was then able to share via email or (sideloaded) Evernote. Sorry about the confusion and I hope Pulse shows up in AppWorld soon.

The Dolphin browser IS on AppWorld and DOES allow easy webpage sharing. It has some other cool features so grab it.
    Last edited by screamcap; 03-14-12 at 10:29 AM.
    03-14-12 10:08 AM
    OK! I opened the (sideloaded) Pulse app browser and was then able to share via email or (sideloaded) Evernote. Sorry about the confusion and I hope Pulse shows up in AppWorld soon.

The Dolphin browser IS on AppWorld and DOES allow easy webpage sharing. It has some other cool features so grab it.

Would you share the link to pulse browser bar file? Thank you.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 09:24 AM
    Please....

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-20-12 04:12 PM

Next evolution:

In that case we better throw in treadmill app too. Just say'n.
    03-20-12 04:25 PM
    This kind of thread I LIKE - but please could people not shout down someone trying to be helpful, it isn't nice!
    03-20-12 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD