does any one know any way to get turn by turn navigation on the playbook? would be cool to have that 7" display in my car with a navigation app running on it.
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-21-12 09:03 PM
    As of now I don't think there is one released. Probably won't until 2.0 is released
    01-21-12 09:08 PM
    There is none thats available for the PB right now, maybe one will be out in the future, or probably when a 3G model gets released.
    You can use the Magellan compass app, it does show your direction of moving, but does not reroute or talk-to-text.
    01-21-12 09:10 PM
    There is none thats available for the PB right now, maybe one will be out in the future, or probably when a 3G model gets released.
    You can use the Magellan compass app, it does show your direction of moving, but does not reroute or talk-to-text.
    yeah ive seen it.. but not talking and routes and such is a drag. i wanna be able to go cross country with my playbook rockin the whole way leadin me to awesomeness. that would be amazing. agreed?
    01-21-12 09:21 PM
    i was thinking this same thing the other day and couldn't find anything either.
    01-21-12 09:21 PM
    Now THAT would be so great! Hope it can come soon during or after the upgrade.
    Question:
    Would there be any copyright type laws that would NOT allow it on the PB as an App?
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-21-12 09:27 PM
    If you select "GPS location" as the starting point for the route, and you go enough off the track (or off for long enough, I don't know which) it will recalculate the route and update it on the fly... It looks like using "GPS location" instead of the fixed starting point makes the whole thing dynamic.
    anindoc and jafobabe like this.
    01-21-12 09:29 PM
    I was hoping they would at least release the Blackberry Traffic app for the Playbook. Since they added turn by turn voice navigation, it would be better than nothing.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-21-12 09:32 PM
    If you select "GPS location" as the starting point for the route, and you go enough off the track (or off for long enough, I don't know which) it will recalculate the route and update it on the fly... It looks like using "GPS location" instead of the fixed starting point makes the whole thing dynamic.
    Well then thats glorious news, thanks Peter all that remains is the voice directions.
    Right now I use the Blackberry traffic, and it works like a charm, rivals my Garmin GPS in our other car
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-21-12 09:32 PM
    I was hoping they would at least release the Blackberry Traffic app for the Playbook. Since they added turn by turn voice navigation, it would be better than nothing.
    blackberry traffic is a great app. i got rid of my att navigator for it. its free and gets the job done. if they had that on the playbook id be completely satisfied.
    01-21-12 10:03 PM
    Input start-finish info into BlackBerry Traffic, put phone beside you on the seat...

Input your start-finish info into Magellan...

There you go, you'll see your route on the pb and hear it from the phone

Which device you follow?...the other one will recalculate its route
    Last edited by anthogag; 01-22-12 at 07:59 AM.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 and lklim like this.
    01-21-12 10:31 PM
    I tried to get waze to work, but it crashes like most android apps. converted and signed, it gets a splash screen, but closes out.
    01-21-12 11:05 PM
    Input start-finish info into BlackBerry Traffic, put phone beside you on the seat...

Input your start-finish info into Magellan...

There you go, you'll see your route on the pb and hear it from the phone
    hmm pretty curious about this now :P
    01-21-12 11:47 PM
    has any one tried it yet? lol i was pretty busy today
    01-22-12 10:23 PM
    I tried to get waze to work, but it crashes like most android apps. converted and signed, it gets a splash screen, but closes out.
    Tried Waze, it crashes too on my PB
    08-13-12 12:59 PM
    In App World.

Navigator stores maps off line!

c
    08-13-12 02:35 PM
    In App World.

Navigator stores maps off line!

c
    Is it Android-based?

How long have you been using it?
    08-13-12 03:43 PM