Running BB Torch 9800 with OS .450 on BES. Running PlayBookwith 1710. Tethering is part of the mobile paln that corporate gives us.

I disabled Java Script and Flash on the Tether browsing and things are much, much better when running in tether mode. This is a great tweak for me because of the way I would use the PB in the field.

When on a WiFi - I turn those back on and can use it for different purposes.
    04-22-11 08:40 AM
    If they are all ready paying for tethering why don't you just use the native browser?
    04-22-11 10:02 AM
    Thanks, KB. I am using the native browser via tethering as it gives me better bandwidth somehow vs. the bridge speed.

My point was - my bandwidth isn't that great when using the tether connection (even though it is better than bridge) and disabling those two features speeds it up somehow.

It isn't ideal either way. WiFi is great. Tether is okay (when disabling those features) and Bridge is impossible. I think this is likely due to my handset, BES, IT Policies, and some potential settings in the Tether screen on the PB. I would absolutely love to discover what settings to input manually as I only have two choices for tethering on the PB for AT&T - one of which doesn't work at all (choice #1).
    04-22-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD