Every time I boot up my PB I get a notification that some of my apps need "updating." In fact these are free apps that want me to upgrade to their paid equivalents, which I don't want to do. Every time I turn the thing on I get a half dozen of these in a list that I have to individually close.

Any way to turn off these notifications? If not, a "no" will suffice and be more beneficial than something like "just never turn off your PB! woohoo!!"

Thanks again.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    11-02-12 08:39 PM
    I would have just said NO but the post needs more characters than that. And I, too, find it irritating as I have it also for the same reason - free went to paid!
    11-02-12 09:23 PM
    That's what I figured. Thanks.
    11-02-12 09:37 PM
    Every time I boot up my PB I get a notification that some of my apps need "updating." In fact these are free apps that want me to upgrade to their paid equivalents, which I don't want to do. Every time I turn the thing on I get a half dozen of these in a list that I have to individually close.
    Furballz, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to thank you if you started another thread -- perhaps in the apps and games sub-forum -- to list free apps whose upgrades are for paid versions. Perhaps you could call it Upgrades that Cost Money I think it's despicable to pretend to upgrade a free app while really erasing it and requiring payment for the "improved" app. Who are these developers and what apps are at risk? A separate thread is definitely in order!
    Zildjian71 and nnomad like this.
    11-02-12 10:05 PM
    Yes out them to let them know. If you release a free version and then want to charge for it then release a different version for pay.

Hey all you devs, are you listening? Please do make money but don't be lazy.
    11-02-12 10:13 PM
    I think this phenomenon also happens with apps that RIM "pays for" to give to users for free, like the recent CreaVures and Shadowgun games from Union. Now that it's past October, I'm sure if you were to try to reinstall the games (after previously owning them) it would force you to pay. Or, if they receive an upgrade.
    11-03-12 01:42 AM
    I think this phenomenon also happens with apps that RIM "pays for" to give to users for free, like the recent CreaVures and Shadowgun games from Union. Now that it's past October, I'm sure if you were to try to reinstall the games (after previously owning them) it would force you to pay. Or, if they receive an upgrade.
    Creavures is now showing an update notification. Anyone else want to go first?. So, Furballz (or anyone else who has experienced a "forced purchase by stealth") how about starting a thread on the apps and games sub-forum?
    11-03-12 09:20 AM
    I had one app doing that and it annoyed me so much I deleted the app.
    11-03-12 10:55 AM
    Creavures updated with no problems last night!

But the issue remains for the others that constantly remind me of updates I am NOT interested in PURCHASING.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-03-12 10:55 AM
    Or upgrades that now will not start unless you allow them to access the device ID and full internet access.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:08 PM
    wasn't this a bb ap world bug that was resolved a month or so ago? I know I got an update on a free app that when clicked took me to to the billing pop up but after restarting my pb it stopped it?
    op can you say which app/s this happens with?
    it also occured with paid apps and updates as well if am not mistaken......?
    02-04-13 07:23 PM
    So far, the only way to turn off Apps / Games update notifications is to delete them... I assumed that PB OS programmers probably hasn't figure it out since this is the only OS that couldn't do it manually or from the settings...

Anyway, good for guys that you haven't experienced security swiping your PB using the Desktop Software Manager and found that you lost your two purchased games (Dead Space and Plants vs Zombies)... I contacted the developers but no response... someone suggested to purchase them again and it may reappear that i purchased them already and probably refund my payment or no longer charge me... WRONG! I have now two receipts for both games... and before anyone react, YES, I contacted again the developers attaching my four receipts... and as usual, they brain were probably eaten by Zombies or they were in Dead Space....
    02-04-13 08:29 PM
    So far, the only way to turn off Apps / Games update notifications is to delete them... I assumed that PB OS programmers probably hasn't figure it out since this is the only OS that couldn't do it manually or from the settings...

Anyway, good for guys that you haven't experienced security swiping your PB using the Desktop Software Manager and found that you lost your two purchased games (Dead Space and Plants vs Zombies)... I contacted the developers but no response... someone suggested to purchase them again and it may reappear that i purchased them already and probably refund my payment or no longer charge me... WRONG! I have now two receipts for both games... and before anyone react, YES, I contacted again the developers attaching my four receipts... and as usual, they brain were probably eaten by Zombies or they were in Dead Space....
    I don't know how that could happen. It should be tied to your BlackBerry ID, so perhaps you logged in with a different BlackBerry ID.
    Contacting developers is useless because developers have no visibility on who bought a game and who paid for a game. (I know because I'm a developer. We basically only know about the number of sales and how much money was made)
    You need to contact BlackBerry Support to resolve issues like that.
    02-04-13 08:48 PM
    I did that too... but I always end up in automatic-electronic reply thing... anyway, perhaps you could help me to contact someone who belongs to Homo sapiens (regardless of genders) that has the capacity to help me... I would really appreciate that...

And oh btw, I'm using only one BB ID... in fact, the weird thing about that is, all of my Apps and Games link to that BB ID has appeared and available... except only for those paid games...
    02-05-13 02:53 AM
    wasn't this a bb ap world bug that was resolved a month or so ago?
    It does appear that this issue is resolved.
    02-19-13 03:03 PM