I got excited reading that thread from a few days ago that mentioned RIM might consistently release bi-weekly updates on Tuesdays but it seems the rebuttal to that was correct (UP to bi-weekly is very different than "there will be updates bi-weekly").

Like many I have an addiction to the "check for updates" button. So what's your best guess for the next OS release time-wise? And what would you like fixed or improved?

While mostly everything is FUNCTIONAL, I would like to see a few of the kinks in bridged-BBM fixed, as well as the bridge files app.

Still I'm impressed with how fluid everything is given the brand new nature of this platform.

Oh, and I would LOVE if Kevin's gesture suggestion was answered. Two finger swipe from bezel to bezel to put the device to sleep, and the regular one finger swipe bezel to bezel to wake it. Not too too fond of the power button.
    05-11-11 07:36 AM
    I too am fixated with the check for updates. You just watch the servers go down when they finally start rolling out the updates.
    05-11-11 07:53 AM
    I too am fixated with the check for updates. You just watch the servers go down when they finally start rolling out the updates.
    Well we did crash CB during last week's update.
    05-11-11 08:06 AM
    There was a rumor too that sometime this week we were suppose to get an update with "significant improvements". I think the natives are starting to get wrestless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 08:29 AM
    Got to fix the garbage bridge browser.
    Maybe tomorrow..tomorrow never die
    05-11-11 09:00 AM
    My guess is Tuesday May 17th for the next update. That's 2 weeks after the last update and 4 weeks after launch. But it's just a guess.
    05-11-11 09:26 AM
    Friday 13th is more likely.
    05-11-11 09:34 AM
    I checked with the Mayan calander. December 25th 2012 seems to keep coming up.. hope this helps.
    Fonz0 and jpg like this.
    05-11-11 10:15 AM
    I think the natives are starting to get wrestless

Methinks the natives need spell check.
    05-11-11 10:34 AM
    My guess is Tuesday May 17th for the next update. That's 2 weeks after the last update and 4 weeks after launch. But it's just a guess.
    My guess as well.
    05-11-11 11:21 AM
    Maybe they are non-native-speaking natives, so they are wrestless?
    05-11-11 11:31 AM
    I would imagine it will be released on Friday.. Isn't that two weeks from 1868?
    05-11-11 11:52 AM
    And you used the illegitimate word "methinks"?!

RtflmaOFF!!!!

05-11-11 11:53 AM
    Methinks the PLAYBOOK needs spell check.
    There fixed that for you.

(Couldn't help myself, sorry)
    05-11-11 11:55 AM
    [QUOTE=UnifiedTechs;6319666]There fixed that for you.

Beat me to the punch. They keyboard is great and select/copy/paste is good, but a spellchecker/typeahead would be awesome.
    05-11-11 12:03 PM
    And you used the illegitimate word "methinks"?!
    Illegitimate word? So the word "methinks" is:

1. born of parents not married to each other,
    2. not sanctioned by law or custom, or
    3. illegal?

Odd.
    05-11-11 12:04 PM
    There fixed that for you.

(Couldn't help myself, sorry)
    Thnx.

Wasn't sure if the poster was BBing or PBing.

Everyone is in such a good mood today. We need a couple of trolls to throw around.
    05-11-11 12:04 PM
    Thnx.

Wasn't sure if the poster was BBing or PBing.

Everyone is in such a good mood today. We need a couple of trolls to throw around.
    To whoever mentioned - I think you're right about the update next Tuesday, 2 weeks from last update and 4 weeks from launch - that would be consistent with the "every 2 weeks" mantra.

I could have sworn 2 weeks already passed since the last update. I think we're all going nuts.

and haha let's not get too comfortable - knock on wood, "applauz" might chime in with some kind of ridiculous comment (for those of you who've read that thread...)
    05-11-11 01:18 PM
    Update -

This is pure conspiracy and you're wasting your time reading it but for those who care, the past few times I hit check for updates it communicated trouble contacting the update server - NOT because of a wifi problem....update perhaps? hm?

Ok this is getting ridiculous.
    05-11-11 01:29 PM
    Update -

This is pure conspiracy and you're wasting your time reading it but for those who care, the past few times I hit check for updates it communicated trouble contacting the update server - NOT because of a wifi problem....update perhaps? hm?

you know you're anxious when they boot your access to "check for updates"

haha

update:
    there's no update

05-11-11 01:53 PM
    I just hope they fix the crash happy BBM and the bridge browser will go past the 1st page!
    05-11-11 02:29 PM
    Update -

If you hit update often enough to trip some type of firewall DDOS/Flood control I'm very afraid.... have you ever actually used you PB for anything except the update feature?
    05-11-11 04:23 PM
    Better off just hitting refresh on the forums page here, theres about 100% chance it will be on here within the first minute of being released lol
    05-11-11 04:27 PM
    Next Update is a native angry birds. Everything else remains same. Next update is october 2011, a native nfs2 hd edition.
    Hehe
    05-11-11 06:08 PM
    Ahhhh.....speculation.
    05-11-11 07:28 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD