So hulu wont work, so I tried watching it on fox's website. It seemed to work ok, but after a minute or two it got al choppy and the player started freaking out. So then I tried megavideo, which worked flawlessly. Why is it that the legal video hosts don't work, but the shady ones do? Anyone able to get the player on fox's website to work?
    12-21-11 11:14 PM
    I'll try in a bit but I'm in Canada and can only do my local television stream. I'll report back in a few.
    12-22-11 12:24 AM
    i love watching House as well and also get the choppy video feed on my PB, i just DVR the episodes and that reaolves my issue...
    12-22-11 12:38 AM
    I don't really know the terminology at all and I will butcher this.

The megavideo/youtube etc type video streaming has you actually download the content whereas the fox site probably is live streaming. I think that is why its not fluid.
    12-22-11 01:07 AM
    Hulu specifically blocks the Playbook; otherwise, it would probably work.

Fox's site is choppy with the Playbook. It doesn't work at all with GNU/Linux, even with Firefox 8.0.
    12-22-11 03:12 AM
    I don't really know the terminology at all and I will butcher this.

The megavideo/youtube etc type video streaming has you actually download the content whereas the fox site probably is live streaming. I think that is why its not fluid.
    Nope, sorry, Megavideo and its competitors stream through a flash player... it seems that Megavideo has a better server setup then their competition... based on months of successful streaming on the PB (West Wing, Elizabeth R...etc)

res ipsa loquitur
    12-22-11 03:23 AM
    Nope, sorry, Megavideo and its competitors stream through a flash player... it seems that Megavideo has a better server setup then their competition... based on months of successful streaming on the PB (West Wing, Elizabeth R...etc)

res ipsa loquitur
    Well it uses flash player but that doesn't mean they run the same way.
    12-22-11 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD