i have an AVCHD video file thats about 4gb that im trying to get on my playbook... DM won't recognize it under my Videos folder so i tried copying and pasting it directly to my PB but it wont work either =S it wont find it under videos... i've been trying for the last 2 hours!! any ideas guys??

thanks,

bigmann77
    04-19-11 01:29 PM
    From what I read before once you connect the PB to your PC and you use the BlackBerry desktop manager.
    04-19-11 01:30 PM
    ya ive done that like several times... my pb shows up as a z drive... network drive or something but it always says file transfer not complete or error or something... and DM wont even RECOGNIZE the file that im trying to transfer :S
    04-19-11 01:32 PM
    yah i have the same issue but mine is in MKV format. mine transferred fine but I can't find it in my playbook at all. I believe our playbook can only recognize avi, asf, fv4, wmv, and mp4
    04-19-11 01:36 PM
    Try dragging or moving without using DM

Just moved 12 music albums like that.

Your pb is a mass storage device. It shows 11 folders.
    04-19-11 01:36 PM
    yah i have the same issue but mine is in MKV format. mine transferred fine but I can't find it in my playbook at all. I believe our playbook can only recognize avi, asf, fv4, wmv, and mp4
    that sucks! like i knew MKV wont be recognized but it wont even TRANSFER to my PB at all :S
    04-19-11 01:37 PM
    Try dragging or moving without using DM

Just moved 12 music albums like that.

Your pb is a mass storage device. It shows 11 folders.
    ya i tried that... im a little confused cause it doesnt show up as a mass storage device it shows up as a network drive (z drive) which is weird and not working :S
    04-19-11 01:37 PM
    Any way to connect with a Mac? DM won't recognize playbook on my Mac, it does on my PC.
    04-19-11 01:42 PM
    ya i tried that... im a little confused cause it doesnt show up as a mass storage device it shows up as a network drive (z drive) which is weird and not working :S
    Can you open it in My Computer by right clicking it?
    04-19-11 01:47 PM
    04-19-11 01:59 PM
    ya im guessing its just the file format
    04-19-11 01:59 PM
    It sucks that .mkv is not supported.
    04-19-11 02:55 PM
    could it be a filesize limitation?
    04-19-11 02:58 PM
    It sucks that .mkv is not supported.
    I imagine a VLC app would fill in that spot quite well.
    04-19-11 02:59 PM
    I had a similar problem when copying from one SMB mount to the PB. Was transferring a 2GB avi from my remote media mount, and OSX threw up a permissions error right at the end (presumably when setting the final file permissions / ownership).
    I ended up copying the file locally to my mac before copying it to the PB, and that solved my problem.
    dampap likes this.
    04-22-11 08:36 PM
    guys, enable files sharing on the playbook under settings... you can do usb or wifi
    04-24-11 03:52 PM
    I did notice that the pb uses the ntfs file system which does allow larger files. might you have a system that does not allow files greater than 4gigs?

(how did i generate a tab in there?)
    04-24-11 05:10 PM
    This is sooooo annoying.

I just want to add 1 album to my playbook.....

I drag and drop the album, it adds to the playbook, but the freaking music app never sees it. I have restarted my playbook like 8 times already, idk what is going on, the file is there, the music app just won't see it.
    04-27-11 11:24 AM
    I did notice that the pb uses the ntfs file system which does allow larger files. might you have a system that does not allow files greater than 4gigs?

(how did i generate a tab in there?)
    I moved a 13.8GB file to my Playbook no problem. Cept for one thing. I got cocky and started browsing(via WiFi) and everything was smooth, then I received a PopUp error that the file could not be saved. I had to start over, but the file did transfer.
    After my upgrade to .1710 I did have to do some fancy connect/disconnect/delete/erase all evidence of RIM on my computer to get Windows 7 to load up the drivers for the Networked drive. Then once it is recognized as such, it would map the drive to Z: and enable Mass Storage Mode. It was crazy...lol
    04-27-11 11:32 AM
    Bigmann
    Same thing happened to me.
    I moved my USB connector from front of desktop to rear, where apparently there is better functioning of usb devices. Presto! Recognized BB as a storeage drive as opposed to a network drive.
    04-27-11 11:41 AM
    How do i download video's from my pc to my blackberry.
    05-06-13 07:49 AM
    It's going to be along day
    05-06-13 07:53 AM
    How do i download video's from my pc to my blackberry.
    If you have the videos on your pc, you have two main choices. You can use a usb cable and use something like Win Explorer and drag/drop to copy them. You can also use the Desktop Software (I should just concede that my fingers will always type Destkop and leave it at that!) and use its processes (I don't). Or you can use wifi-sharing and again, use Win Explorer. There are other schemes that use various file managers and network shares but they are more complex or involve other software (and I don't use them)
    05-06-13 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD