I have a Storm 2, bridge works but tether is another story. I can get it to tether through the computer, but with the Playbook, I have been unsuccessful so far.

What settings do I need to put in the phone/and or Playbook? My carrier allows tethering, but does not provide support for tethering (won't help me set it up).

My carrier is GCI in Alaska. From what I have found, the APN is web.gci

I am hoping to get this working on the Playbook so I can browse faster when out and about. Bridge works, but it is too slow. It would also be nice to be able to use other apps when I am out of range for wireless also.
    05-18-11 10:11 AM
    I know you posted a long time ago, but I am in the same boat except I can't get tethering to work at all. I'm trying to do it through Blackberry Desktop but I don't know what username, password, or apn I should be using and GCI is useless. How did you get yours to work?

Thanks!
    07-18-12 12:58 PM
    Got my Playbook to see my Treo 755p through Bluetooth while trying to tether, but alas - that's as far as I got.
    07-18-12 01:05 PM
    I know you posted a long time ago, but I am in the same boat except I can't get tethering to work at all. I'm trying to do it through Blackberry Desktop but I don't know what username, password, or apn I should be using and GCI is useless. How did you get yours to work?

Thanks!
    Are you trying to tether your phone to a computer or to a playbook like the OP was and must had figured out?
    07-18-12 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD