03-16-11 10:20 PM
    no zoom
    no pb
    03-16-11 10:25 PM
    no zoom
    no pb
    ...no competition haha
    03-16-11 10:25 PM
    well they provide the tools to benchmark.seems powerful enough, i wonder how the pb will do
    03-16-11 10:31 PM
    well they provide the tools to benchmark.seems powerful enough, i wonder how the pb will do
    itll win everything except graphics
    03-16-11 10:32 PM
    wasnt there a video of the pb outputitng 3d content to tvs?...thats a super high frame rate there.i havent seen or heard about that on other tablets.
    03-16-11 10:42 PM
    wasnt there a video of the pb outputitng 3d content to tvs?...thats a super high frame rate there.i havent seen or heard about that on other tablets.
    the only better hardware the ipad2 has is a GPU compared to the playbook. yes the PB was outputting 3D content, but the ipad's GPU is better
    03-16-11 10:54 PM
    Yeah, that vid was also that T-A-T video with the rockin' media app.
    03-16-11 11:08 PM
    isnt the tegra 2 and the TI omap supposed to have the same GPU.if pb can do that and xoom cant then there might be something extra under the hood. didnt 3d require around 80-90 fps..im no expert btw,lol.
    03-16-11 11:14 PM
    Hmmmm the software isn't out yet to do it right out of the box. But when both release we shall see. BTW they are planning on making the software available for the playbook i just emailed and got a very fast response . I like them already.
    isnt the tegra 2 and the TI omap supposed to have the same GPU.if pb can do that and xoom cant then there might be something extra under the hood. didnt 3d require around 80-90 fps..im no expert btw,lol.
    Do you play one on tv? sorry couldn't help it.
    Last edited by drethos; 03-17-11 at 06:52 AM.
    03-17-11 06:34 AM
    ...no competition haha
    Yea at least Motorola and Apple have their products out and like them or not, they are selling. Apple especially.

Revenue generated by RIM on the playbook to date: Zero.

Let's wait until our product is out so we can really celebrate. Then we can also honestly compare them right now we are comparing a few real world devices to a spec sheet.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 03-17-11 at 07:33 AM.
    03-17-11 07:29 AM
    Yea at least Motorola and Apple have their products out and like them or not, they are selling. Apple especially.

Let's wait until our product is out so we can really celebrate. Then we can also honestly compare them right now we are comparing a few real world devices to a spec sheet.
    ooooooooooo burn.....
    03-17-11 09:35 AM
    ooooooooooo burn.....
    Well I'm not meaning to "burn" per se but let's face it, its true. It is no different than a race with say 4 horses taking place and continuously referring to a 5th horse that is winning the race but it hasn't even shown up to the track.

Excessive unfounded optimism is what can precede a devastating disappointment- it has happend to RIM before. Let's be more cautious this time. Let RIM get its horse to the track before we count our winnings at the betting booth.

03-17-11 10:05 AM

I was talking about how there was no PlayBook or Xoom stats so there was none of the Ipad2's competition stats up.

Though I hate to disappoint that person that thought I got "burned"

03-17-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD