07-10-13 09:35 AM
29 12
tools
    Thank you Kevin. That is exactly my point. I didn't buy the playbook to wait for a future update, I wanted to use the same functions you listed and that has not changed and I know it will do what I want BB10 update or not. This reminds me of a concert I went to where two girls behind me talked through the whole gig and said how much they loved the artist on stage without listening to a note they sang. They wanted to say they were there and take pics for facebook but didnt appreciate the moment as it happened. The playbook is still the best 7" tablet for the money and features and I appreciate what it can do for me now not in the future. I expect BB will at least support the old OS going forward at least and to be honest I can't see how BB10 could have improved the playbook user experience except for stuff like the camera timeshift and a few other apps.
    Many of us did, maybe not BB10 but it still doesn't have what it was supposed to.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 06:14 PM
    How many of the complaining dead playbook owners are still running windows 98 on their computer bought in 1999? Yep, not even one of you.

Agree that it was wrong for BB to state publicly that BB10 was going to be available and then renegged. However I can say that I have a closet full of cheap electronics that never got updated and never worked as good as the PlayBook does now and probably will for another couple of years.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-09-13 09:24 PM
    The PlayBook is my first BlackBerry's device... then I bought Z10 on the promise that BB10 will be delivered to PlayBook and I was looking forward to its full functional bridge with PlayBook...

It is not only those who bought PlayBook on the promise that BB10 will be delivered to it were disappointed but as well as those who bought Z10 hoping that we will have full functional bridge with PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 10:34 PM
    With all the whining going on you would think Thor himself issued an update to render the Playbook inoperable and is laughing at all the poor saps who were stupid enough to buy one. We know for a fact that they had BB10 for PB in development for a long time. The browser was on the html5 site months ago. However BB10 was not made to Playbook specs, but for the new hardware.

So the issue is trying to adapt a new OS to older hardware. In my opinion, they have something that is simply not good enough to release without a major, drawn-out overhaul. Likely the best decision is to cancel, rather than have something worse than PB OS 1.

I highly doubt that it was some nefarious scheme. A better decision would have been to work on OS 2.2 or even OS 3 with BB 10 features and they still could have kept the sales up. But hindsight is 20:20.

The upside is that with so many dumping their PB, I was able to pick up a new 32 GB model with a damaged USB for $40. And it was just a little bent, not broken, so I got it to work perfectly.
    07-10-13 09:35 AM
29 12