I have been contemplating lately on whether to post something here on CB or not since people already do a good job about highlighting things but no not today.

I am a RIM die hard fan and not just because I am a graduate o. The university of Waterloo and because I am a proud Canadian, but becasue their products are phenomenal, espcially the 2 that I own the playbook and my 9900.

I want you all to try doing what I am going to outline right now to know why RIM is the best and to truly appreciate the power of ur PB and BB working together.

Ok so here we go:

Hook up ur pb to ur home screen tv using the hdmi cable turn on bridge remote on ur BB, open the youtube player look up avatar 1080 p HD and watch the long video the 15 minute one I think it is but before u do that setup the video rez to 1080 from the right top corner, turn your lights off and watch and appreciate.

I know this may bot sound like much but trust me when u try what I just outlined you'll see what I am talking about lagless stunning functionality way better than when I connect my macbook which would overheat and start lagging because it can't handle 1080p properly..

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Remember this can only be done by RIM devices .... True power
    02-26-12 11:30 PM
    Wow, you can use a phone as a remote. The power is just truly stunning. I will have to remember that if I ever see the need to buy a phone as a remote to control a 7 inch tablet that is connected to my television. Sorry, but it is a novelty feature, hardly a demonstration of power.
    02-26-12 11:49 PM
    Wow, you can use a phone as a remote. The power is just truly stunning. I will have to remember that if I ever see the need to buy a phone as a remote to control a 7 inch tablet that is connected to my television. Sorry, but it is a novelty feature, hardly a demonstration of power.
    Umm...I think he's referring to the actual playback of the 1080p video.
    MrLynd54 and rjshahan like this.
    02-26-12 11:54 PM
    ok... then go to youtube and just watch the video on the ipad
    ... if its been converted to play on it
    02-27-12 12:00 AM
    Lets see u remote control ur ******** food tray (iPad) with ur iPhone and go to youtube.com and watch any video on 1080p while connected to ur HDTV......
    Ohhhhhhh thats right... U cant control ur ipad while relaxing on ur couch while the tablet is hooked with the HDTV.

Wait wait, i forgot.... U cant watch youtube.com videos on ur HDTV from the iPad cuz its got no HDMI support

Ohhhhhh and last thing.... I forgot... U cant even watch youtube.com videos cuz u dont even have flash support on the iPad
    02-27-12 12:15 AM
    as true as that is... there are things the ipad is able to do that the playbook cannot,
    so instead of RAGING, just state the facts and move on... like i did
    02-27-12 12:39 AM
    as true as that is... there are things the ipad is able to do that the playbook cannot,
    so instead of RAGING, just state the facts and move on... like i did
    I don't give a fck about what the iPad can do, this is a PlayBook forum, PLAYBOOK i hate when ppl post to say bad reviews or trash talk about the table we, this community chose,fir us is the best tablet, end of story, this guy got exited cuz he saw something different, he liked the playbook, thats no reason for someone to come and start talking about it
    02-27-12 01:22 AM
    I have been contemplating lately on whether to post something here on CB or not since people already do a good job about highlighting things but no not today.

I am a RIM die hard fan and not just because I am a graduate o. The university of Waterloo and because I am a proud Canadian, but becasue their products are phenomenal, espcially the 2 that I own the playbook and my 9900.

I want you all to try doing what I am going to outline right now to know why RIM is the best and to truly appreciate the power of ur PB and BB working together.

Ok so here we go:

Hook up ur pb to ur home screen tv using the hdmi cable turn on bridge remote on ur BB, open the youtube player look up avatar 1080 p HD and watch the long video the 15 minute one I think it is but before u do that setup the video rez to 1080 from the right top corner, turn your lights off and watch and appreciate.

I know this may bot sound like much but trust me when u try what I just outlined you'll see what I am talking about lagless stunning functionality way better than when I connect my macbook which would overheat and start lagging because it can't handle 1080p properly..

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Remember this can only be done by RIM devices .... True power
    I'm giving a long presentation tomorrow and I wish I could have hooked up my PB via HDMI so that I could use the new presentation mode set-up wit OS2! Sadly, the projector does not support HDMI input/output so I have to do it the old school way and use the fat video out cable on my laptop
    02-27-12 01:34 AM
    I will simply state that the combination of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express, Blackberry 9780, and BlackBerry PlayBook provides me with secure email capability extending to external recipients and senders if so desired, substantial progress towards a truly mobile and portable office and classroom addressing my professional and academic needs. As the applications are developed the present gaps will be filled. All I need now is to learn to type on a flat keyboard instead of my traditional keyboard.
    02-27-12 02:13 AM
    I'm giving a long presentation tomorrow and I wish I could have hooked up my PB via HDMI so that I could use the new presentation mode set-up wit OS2! Sadly, the projector does not support HDMI input/output so I have to do it the old school way and use the fat video out cable on my laptop
    Hey I suggested the MicroVision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pocket Projector many times on this forum. You could have bought it and been fully prepared for the deficiencies of the venue's facilities. Next time, next time...
    emtunc likes this.
    02-27-12 02:17 AM
    Hey I suggested the MicroVision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pocket Projector many times on this forum. You could have bought it and been fully prepared for the deficiencies of the venue's facilities. Next time, next time...
    You now what, I think I commented on your original thread saying that I'd try it :P

Okay - I'm going to look at that again
    02-27-12 02:18 AM
    I've already held two PowerPoint boardroom meetings and used my 9800 to control the slides. It's not a 'novelty' for my Professionally used tablet.
    Have a nice day
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-27-12 09:39 AM
    No it is not a novelty feature. It is actually amazingly useful.

I was in a hotel room last week. Plugged in the Playbook via a short HDMI cable, then laid back on the bed watching movies, browsing the Internet and even typing an email - all on my Bold 9900 whilst viewing it on the big screen - wirelessly!

Until last year I had an iPad and was always frustrated plugging in those expensive bespoke audio-video cables to watch a movie. The quality was rubbish, and the constant jumping up and down to pause, fast forward, etc, was frustrating. The PB is just so much nicer to use.
    02-27-12 10:20 AM
    Does your laptop have bluetooth? If so, pair your BB with your laptop and use presentation mode. I already have confirmed it works on My win 7 machine
    emtunc likes this.
    02-27-12 10:30 AM
    Ohhhhhh and last thing.... I forgot... U cant even watch youtube.com videos cuz u dont even have flash support on the iPad
    You're right about the absence of Flash support, but as for "YouTube.com," not so much.

Browsing "YouTube.com" on iOS takes the user straight to Google's HTML5 optimized site.
    Paullamm likes this.
    02-27-12 10:40 AM
    You should be able to come to this forum and sing the praises of RIM and BlackBerry without someone making it into a iPad vs the world pissing contest.....it's getting old and boring, and I have only been using the forum a month....
    Mr.Monty and fanatical like this.
    02-27-12 10:51 AM
    I don't give a fck about what the iPad can do, this is a PlayBook forum, PLAYBOOK i hate when ppl post to say bad reviews or trash talk about the table we, this community chose,fir us is the best tablet, end of story, this guy got exited cuz he saw something different, he liked the playbook, thats no reason for someone to come and start talking about it
    Someone forgot to take their meds today.
    02-27-12 10:55 AM
    No it is not a novelty feature. It is actually amazingly useful.

I was in a hotel room last week. Plugged in the Playbook via a short HDMI cable, then laid back on the bed watching movies, browsing the Internet and even typing an email - all on my Bold 9900 whilst viewing it on the big screen - wirelessly!

Until last year I had an iPad and was always frustrated plugging in those expensive bespoke audio-video cables to watch a movie. The quality was rubbish, and the constant jumping up and down to pause, fast forward, etc, was frustrating. The PB is just so much nicer to use.
    It is a novelty feature based on your usage example. When I travel, I don't find hotel rooms with updated LCD TVs with HDMI connection, most of them have those old CRT TVs. Regardless, I care less about using it as monitor, if I had to work I use my laptop. Even with that, I have hardly any time to spend in the hotel room like that, either busy with dinner or working late during travel, or little sightseeing.

At home, I use my Bluray player to play all movies, Youtube from couch. I bought my PB as a standalone device, not to power my TVs. It comes with decent screen on its own. Oh, I don't have BB so remote isn't much of use for me.

If it's not a novelty feature, would it be something RIM should include in a promotional TV ad?
    02-27-12 10:56 AM
    I just had a hobby film making group meeting this weekend where I pulled up a Google Doc spread sheet on the TV so that everyone could see it. Then I used my 9930 to type in the names of the people who were going to help in each project and what they were going to do.

A lot better than having them crowd around my PC. Everyone was sitting comfortably watching the TV as I updated the document. And while we were talking about the projects, I opened a second tab in the browser to pull up the group's discussion board. In one of the treads, I played an embedded YouTube video.

It took me a little while to get familiar with the remote functions. A tip, if you are typing in something and can't use the return key, tap on the phone screen once to go back to mouse mode.
    02-27-12 11:04 AM
    There are lots of apps that before using them, I could didn't see a need for. But once you start incorporating some of these features into how you get things done, they turn into a "how did i live with out them!"
    02-27-12 11:08 AM
    That sounds awesome!!
    Wish I'd've known about that when we were in Italy and couldn't understand the tv!
    02-27-12 11:20 AM
    I think (just because you may not have a personal use for it) some folks are confusing 'novelty' with 'functionality'.
    02-27-12 11:24 AM
    Someone forgot to take their meds today.
    What are u talkin about7??? :s
    02-27-12 11:25 AM
    It's not a novelty its a functionality, the matter of fact is I would rather use my playbook as my media Centre while hooked up to my big screen tv instead of of my powerful ps3 and my macbook. It's an impressive functionality option that is definitely not a novelty that undeniably does represent the power of both devices being used together just try it like I said and I shall see what I am talking about. And seriously what the heck brought up the ipad crap. Lol I think apple has hired trolls to just come into our forums and instigate hate.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-27-12 10:10 PM
    naw, i think ppl are just venting after waiting so long for 2.0 and realizing, it was not a breakthrough or earthquake of a update.
    02-27-12 10:45 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD